meteor station permit.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3785 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

RB 14 covers parking or leaving a vehicle, but not waiting. I suppose that Meteor rely upon to the words "according to the instructions of -- an authorised person at that place" as allowing them to invent any rule they wish but basically they can really only tell you to move on. RB 7 prohibits touting for business without written permission so that could give them free rein to charge what they want for the permission.

Now, if you lobby the railway co directly you might get somewhere and it would be worth noting that the ticket you were handed doesnt actually match either of the above criteria so you havent broken any law, disobeyed any signage and havent refused to obey the instruction of the railway operator. If they want to continue to get you to pay up then they will have to show where you have fallen foul of the delegated authority and that might not be in their interest in the future.

we have to pay for a permit to wait in the station.the same rules dont seem to apply to the general public.you can go to the station any early evening during the week and it will be rammed with people waiting to pick up from the trains.it would be interesting to know how many pcns were issued to them during the time we were being harassed.none would be my guess.if i thought it would make a difference i would take some photos to prove that we are not alone in our misdemeanours and then ask for this information.meteor are quick enough to take our money but not so quick to police the rank and enforce rules broken by others.

while i keep digging i am going to appeal against the original pcn on the grounds that i have not entered into a contract so therefore could not be in breach of any rule set out in one.hopefully i will be able to make a good enough case concerning railway bye law 14.i really need to know for sure if not displaying a permit can be enforced under this byelaw as that is what the offence is on the second demand for money.can they actually change the offence from one thing to another.