Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

BAILIFFS - The Law and Your Rights

Written by John Kruse, one of the leading experts on Bailiff Law, this consumer friendly guide is essential reading for anyone who comes into contact with a bailiff.

The book is easy to understand and clearly explains the rights a bailiff has, and also what they cannot do when collecting debts and repossessing goods etc.

£13.95 + £2.00 (P&P)
+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder hallti.y01 Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    May 2012

Angry Unpaid Parking Charge Notice vinci carparks lot

Much to my surprise i recieved a letter today from Roxburghe debt collectorsicon, acting on behalf of Vinci Park Service UK LTD claiming an unpaid parking chargeicon notice of 154.00
    the unauthorised parking event is "F- on yellow lines" and took place at Parrs Wood Entertainment Centre back in 25/02/12. But here's the funny part...
    I was the owner of the car at the time of the offence, I may have even been present at the site of the offence, but I have NEVER received any parking chargeicon notice whatsoever, this is the first I have heard of about the whole thing, which took place 3 whole months ago! I am now being told to pay the 154.00 within 14 days. I am a law-abiding law student, whenever I have had a penalty charge notice I have paid up straight away, so right now I am confused as to what my next steps are, I have just completed a law degree but unfortunately parking charge notices never arose!
    Do I contact Vinci Park Service UK LTD first, or the debt collectors? Surely I cannot be found guilty of a motoring offence when I haven't been given a warning or any parking charge notice WHATSOEVER?
    Any advice on what to do would be most grateful, since I only have 14 days to sort it out it seems!
    Tim

Basic Account Holder padja Informative padja Informative padja Informative padja's Avatar

Cagger since
    Mar 2010
    I am in
    Derby

Default Re: Unpaid Penalty Charge Notice

its not a fine its a speculative invoice I would keep the letters and ignoreicon if they want to go to court they have to prove you drove the car and you parked it. dont enter into any dialogue with them it only encourages them to correspond with you, just look around on forum you will see that it is NOT a pcnicon

I know my rights Mr DCA I'm with the CAG......hello hello where you gone Mr DCA8)
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder hallti.y01 Novitiate

Cagger since
    May 2012

this is the first letter i've ever received off them, but i will keep hold of it. i was tempted to ring both vinci park service uk ltd and also the debt collectorsicon and to give them what-for, if anything it would make me feel a whole lot better! i might just ask for CCTV footage to prove that i was given an alleged pcnicon, i know for a fact that i never park my car at the complex, i simply sit in it whilst i wait for my brother to finish work, and i might have been aware had someone given me a parking ticket somehow, since i was in the car at the time!
    thanks for the advice though, slightly more reassuring, don't particularly fancy paying a 154 fine or facing court action!

Site Team Conniff Authoritative Conniff Authoritative Conniff Authoritative Conniff Authoritative Conniff Authoritative Conniff Authoritative Conniff Authoritative Conniff Authoritative Conniff Authoritative Conniff Authoritative Conniff Authoritative Conniff's Avatar

Cagger since
    Mar 2007
    I am in
    or am I out?

You haven't commited any offences, you can't commit an offence on private property, (well not this way).

Don't respond to them, even for a laugh or to make you feel better, they will step up there campaign against you no matter what you say or threaten. Also, there is 'no' appeals process.

You are vulnerable to an exploit, read here for the solution.
    Follows
    Following

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Cagger since
    Dec 2006
    I am in
    a sort of fire-fighting role here. Hate HFC & their compulsory PPI ethos

Default Re: Unpaid Parking Charge Notice vinci carparks lot

and its not a 'fine'!!

bog paper!!

dx

Credit Reference Agencies:Experian Equifax CallCredit noddle<<<<CRA FILE INFO IS HERE<<<<
    fed up with DCA's calling get a TRUECALL BOX!! - HERE
    Sort Your Debts Now - - here

Start Your Own Thread - HERE

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here
    2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here
    3. Reclaim Loan, Credit Card, mortgage & CAtalogue Charges Read Here
    my views are my own...seek legal advice if ness
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by telephone
    - alert the siteteam IMMEDIATELY by hitting the black warning triangle on any message - Particularly if this results in a request to pay a fee to help you.

DX
    RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder rickstar Novitiate

Cagger since
    Aug 2012

Hi mate, I was wondering is there any news on this? Any update? I'm in a similar position, the attendant did not put the ticket on my car as i drove off before he completed, however he slammed some paper (one side) through my window as i moved away with my reg and car description on it.

regards

Ricci.

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Cagger since
    Dec 2006
    I am in
    a sort of fire-fighting role here. Hate HFC & their compulsory PPI ethos

read the threads in this forum

ignoreicon

dx

Credit Reference Agencies:Experian Equifax CallCredit noddle<<<<CRA FILE INFO IS HERE<<<<
    fed up with DCA's calling get a TRUECALL BOX!! - HERE
    Sort Your Debts Now - - here

Start Your Own Thread - HERE

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here
    2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here
    3. Reclaim Loan, Credit Card, mortgage & CAtalogue Charges Read Here
    my views are my own...seek legal advice if ness
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by telephone
    - alert the siteteam IMMEDIATELY by hitting the black warning triangle on any message - Particularly if this results in a request to pay a fee to help you.

DX
    RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder rickstar Novitiate

Cagger since
    Aug 2012

Thank you for your quick reply dx. Much appreciated and i will ignoreicon. Superb forum!

Regards

Ricci.

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE