my loans - some one took £69.99 from my bank account !!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3601 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

can anyone help me i was applying for a loans last week and some one has took 69.99 from my bank account and i dont have a clue who it is it just says on bank statement my loans then last 4 numbers on my bank card, i do have pay day loans which are paid when they are suoppsed to be but i have no clue where this money has gone i have no e-mails or phone calls from any company callled my loans and i cant trace them on the internet either. any one able to help with this??:mad2:

This figure sounds like the amount a pay day loan company takes, ask your bank if they have any other details they may be able to tell you if this is a continuous credit agreement or they may have a full name of the company. I would however stop your card say it has been stolen and get the bank to send you a new one in case it has been cloned, also if this is a mistake you can claim the payment back from your bank.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

chargeback!!

http://whatconsumer.co.uk/visa-debit-chargeback/

many examples of this on CAG happening.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 month later...

I had trouble with myloans but I decided I wasn't going to stand for it. After 5 seperate phone calls and me telling them EXACTLY what I thought of them I chose to contact the financial ombudsman and get them involved. My next step is to get the FSA involved, Even if I dont get the £70 back, I'm going to make them earn it. They have already changed the website and made their charges upfront now (it wasn't when I got had). I feel a bit better to know Im not the only one to get ripped off by them but I hope to be the last! Their phone number is 08454918820. Best of luck with them

• 2 weeks later...

I actually am disgusted that I managed to get conned!!! :mad2:

To be fair, I don't think it was entirely my fault;

I came across myloans via another link which took me into the apply section bypassing the home page stating the £69.99 fee.

When I did see this amount mentioned, I thought it was in relation to the company who was offering me the loan.

The next thing I get a text message saying "thank you for your payment".

I'm like, who took money for what?!?!?

Looked further into it and it is myloan (08454918820 or 01625505465) or Enhance Financial Services, Macclesfield (0871 705 0201) as has shown to my bank.

I've tried all the numbers, can't get to speak to anyone,

constantly on hold and then told to ring back.

On principle I'm going to fight the bit out. :-x I'm also completing a Visa Dispute which, if successful, can take up to 30 days.

Anyone seeking a small loan, please, please, please be careful.

I always thought I was savvy now I'm thoroughly embarrassed. :oops:

Needless to say, they have provided no companies that I would even dream of using and am now getting junk email re loans from companies in Seattle!! :???:

Edited by Tazzers

chargeback!!

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

No it is NOT.

and you dont ASK for a chargeback you DEMAND it.

and you dont give up

go up the monkey chain till you get one that KNOWS what it is

very few know how chargeback actually works. or IS

you CAN chargeback

they investigate it LATER.

dx

and they

can anyone help me i was applying for a loans last week and some one has took 69.99 from my bank account and i dont have a clue who it is it just says on bank statement my loans then last 4 numbers on my bank card, i do have pay day loans which are paid when they are suoppsed to be but i have no clue where this money has gone i have no e-mails or phone calls from any company callled my loans and i cant trace them on the internet either. any one able to help with this??:mad2:

i have just noticed the same with my loans..i did go on this site...and replied..but cancelled as i didnt want to pay the 69.99 fee.as warned about this....so the payment didnt go through..i have just checked my statement..and they took it today...with no notification...am furious..

best thing is to imediately contact your bank/card provider and demand a chargeback.

youdid NOT give them the authority to charge your card

you were asked for it for security purposes

not for a charge.

loads of threads on this £70 issue

most get money back.

complain and DO NOT TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER

your bank CAN refund it

you did NOT give authority

dx

and they

this has happened to me a single mum of 2 who really could have done without losing 68 quid is there any way of getting it back????

yes..i am having my money refunded..rang them..and told them..they emailed me cancellation form..and responded saying refunded in 30 days...they are supposed to give you a date and amount they are taking it..but they didnt..so i simply rang them..and finally get my money back..

• 2 weeks later...

im furious with my loans.

.i cancelled the agreement within the time frame.

..so why does it take 30 days to refund.

..i emailed them.

.telling them they have hold of my money for no reason.

.and demand they return asap

..as i have my rent to pay.

..they emailed me back.

.to say it will be refunded on 30 july.

..i emailed them back.

.saying not good enough.

.as i am entitled to this now.

..as i have no goods or services from them

.to warrant them keeping hold of my money.

...is there anything else i should tell them...

chagre them at your card int rate too on top!!

dx

and they

They seem to be undegoing a site overhaul :)

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• 1 month later...
yea

you must have applied for a loan through some website and given them your card details - they take the money and then give you some loan companies to try - massive [problem]!!!! I managed to get money back from one of them by going to their refunds department.

you must have applied for a loan through some website and given them your card details - they take the money and then give you some loan companies to try - massive [problem]!!!! I managed to get money back from one of them by going to their refunds department.

I got caught by this. At no stage was I warned I was entering into a payment service, and my card details were not even entered on that particular site. I just went straight through the VISA chargeback scheme.

Funnily enough these companies don't seem to challenge a chargeback...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 months later...

Hi yes I can help as i have just had to trace them via my bank's fraud team

I didn't have an account with them or make an application via them yet they still managed to take the same amount from my account.

I today have spoken with the company and here are the details

MYLOANS.CO.UK

ring 0844 288 0444 /0441

and explain that you have not made an application

and you require a refund

they will email you a customer survey to complete as to why you didn't want the loan etc

and jut complete it and send it back

they say if you haven't cancelled within fourteen days then they will take five pounds for admin!

As i explained to them they had no right to take the payment and because it had taken me almost two weeks to find out who they were they had no right to the fiver either.

I hope you are successful as I now sit waiting to find out whether they are true to their word.

I think the word fraud and bank may have helped but I didn't lie as that is exactly how I got their information.

I had been stung by these type of people five times in the week before xmas to the tune of nearly £400 ,

one company charging me three times so be careful and good luck. k

Hi yes I can help as i have just had to trace them via my bank's fraud team I didn't have an account with them or make an application via them yet they still managed to take the same amount from my account. I today have spoken with the company and here are the details MYLOANS.CO.UK ring 0844 288 0444 /0441 and explain that you have not made an application and you require a refund they will email you a customer survey to complete as to why you didn't want the loan etc and jut complete it and send it back they say if you haven't cancelled within fourteen days then they will take five pounds for admin! As i explained to them they had no right to take the payment and because it had taken me almost two weeks to find out who they were they had no right to the fiver either. I hope you are successful as I now sit waiting to find out whether they are true to their word. I think the word fraud and bank may have helped but I didn't lie as that is exactly how I got their information. I had been stung by these type of people five times in the week before xmas to the tune of nearly £400 , one company charging me three times so be careful and good luck. k

ps they are found via brokers who spread your details everywhere to apparently find you the perfect loan

• 5 months later...

Please keep to your other thread dartsmad. There's no need to use multiple posts and/or threads.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• 10 months later...
best thing is to imediately contact your bank/card provider and demand a chargeback.

youdid NOT give them the authority to charge your card

you were asked for it for security purposes

not for a charge.

loads of threads on this £70 issue

most get money back.

complain and DO NOT TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER

your bank CAN refund it

you did NOT give authority

dx

Actually it depends on the bank/merchant, all credit card transactions can and very likely will be reversed. Debit card payments are a little bit more tricky, and banks are not obliged to issue charge backs.

Many banks will credit the funds to you immediately, then they will send out a charge back letter to the address provided by the merchant. At this stage no funds will have been reversed, the bank will essentially be lending you the money on faith that the claim is valid.

If the charge back isn't challenged , the money will then be returned from the merchants account. If it is challenged, or if the bank decide it isn't fraud following an internal investigation, then the funds will not be reversed. At this stage any money given to the client will be taken back, even if this puts them into an unauthorised overdraft (unless of course the challenge fails, which is pretty rare. Most companies don't bother challenging unless they're relatively certain they are in the right).

Anyway, sorry for reviving a dead thread but this thread apparently ranks quite highly on Google and isn't entirely accurate.