Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
    Basic Account Holder lochnettie80 Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Jul 2009

Default my loans - some one took 69.99 from my bank account !!

can anyone help me i was applying for a loans last week and some one has took 69.99 from my bank account and i dont have a clue who it is it just says on bank statement my loans then last 4 numbers on my bank card, i do have pay day loansicon which are paid when they are suoppsed to be but i have no clue where this money has gone i have no e-mails or phone callsicon from any company callled my loans and i cant trace them on the internet either. any one able to help with this??

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    assisted blonde Highly informative assisted blonde Highly informative assisted blonde Highly informative assisted blonde Highly informative assisted blonde Highly informative assisted blonde Highly informative assisted blonde Highly informative assisted blonde's Avatar

Cagger since
    Nov 2008
    I am in
    In the Country

Default Re: my loans

This figure sounds like the amount a pay day loanicon company takes, ask your bank if they have any other details they may be able to tell you if this is a continuous credit agreement or they may have a full name of the company. I would however stop your card say it has been stolen and get the bank to send you a new one in case it has been cloned, also if this is a mistake you can claim the payment back from your bank.

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Cagger since
    Dec 2006
    I am in
    a sort of fire-fighting role here. Hate HFC & their compulsory PPI ethos

chargeback!!
    http://whatconsumer.co.uk/visa-debit-chargeback/
    many examples of this on CAGicon happening.

dx

Credit Reference Agencies:Experian Equifax CallCredit noddle<<<<CRA FILE INFO IS HERE<<<<
    fed up with DCA's calling get a TRUECALL BOX!! - HERE
    Sort Your Debts Now - - here

Start Your Own Thread - HERE

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here
    2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here
    3. Reclaim Loan, Credit Card, mortgage & CAtalogue Charges Read Here
    my views are my own...seek legal advice if ness
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by telephone
    - alert the siteteam IMMEDIATELY by hitting the black warning triangle on any message - Particularly if this results in a request to pay a fee to help you.

DX
    RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Premium Royalties Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    42man Highly authoritative 42man Highly authoritative 42man Highly authoritative 42man Highly authoritative 42man Highly authoritative 42man Highly authoritative 42man Highly authoritative 42man Highly authoritative 42man Highly authoritative 42man Highly authoritative 42man Highly authoritative 42man's Avatar

Cagger since
    May 2007

What has happened is you went to a website that was acting as a broker (you either didn't read the fine print or they have ripped you off) - http://www.oft.gov.uk/news-and-updates/press/2011/15-11
    http://www.oft.gov.uk/news-and-updates/press/2012/15-12
    you need to report them to the OFT

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what is stated is my own opinion and from what I have learnt from this forum and my own experiences.

DEBT COLLECTION LETTER/SAR/AGREEMENT TEMPLATES ARE HERE - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...65-legislation

IF WE HAVE BEEN HELPFUL -PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GIVE A DONATION TO HELP US TO CONTINUE HELPING YOU

I AM HAPPY TO RECEIVE PM's AND I WILL RESPOND IF I FEEL I CAN ASSIST BUT WHEN YOU DO CAN YOU PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD ON WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO COMMENT - THANK YOU

IMPORTANT - If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.
    Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.
    Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are/or could be seen to be inappropriate for posting on the main forum.Site rules explain this in more detail.
    If you are approached by private message with a view to asking you to visit another website,please inform the site team via the report icon.

Forum rules - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...ease-read.html
    Follows
    Following

Premium Royalties Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    42man Highly authoritative 42man Highly authoritative 42man Highly authoritative 42man Highly authoritative 42man Highly authoritative 42man Highly authoritative 42man Highly authoritative 42man Highly authoritative 42man Highly authoritative 42man Highly authoritative 42man Highly authoritative 42man's Avatar

Cagger since
    May 2007

If you don't have any luck on the chargeback, then I suggest you send them a letter requesting payment back. They can keep 5 as adminicon charges.

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what is stated is my own opinion and from what I have learnt from this forum and my own experiences.

DEBT COLLECTION LETTER/SAR/AGREEMENT TEMPLATES ARE HERE - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...65-legislation

IF WE HAVE BEEN HELPFUL -PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GIVE A DONATION TO HELP US TO CONTINUE HELPING YOU

I AM HAPPY TO RECEIVE PM's AND I WILL RESPOND IF I FEEL I CAN ASSIST BUT WHEN YOU DO CAN YOU PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD ON WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO COMMENT - THANK YOU

IMPORTANT - If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.
    Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.
    Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are/or could be seen to be inappropriate for posting on the main forum.Site rules explain this in more detail.
    If you are approached by private message with a view to asking you to visit another website,please inform the site team via the report icon.

Forum rules - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...ease-read.html
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder TrevMason Novitiate

Cagger since
    Jun 2012

Default Re: my loans - some one took 69.99 from my bank account !!

I had trouble with myloans but I decided I wasn't going to stand for it. After 5 seperate phone callsicon and me telling them EXACTLY what I thought of them I chose to contact the financial Ombudsmanicon and get them involved. My next step is to get the FSA involved, Even if I dont get the 70 back, I'm going to make them earn it. They have already changed the website and made their charges upfront now (it wasn't when I got had). I feel a bit better to know Im not the only one to get ripped off by them but I hope to be the last! Their phone number is 08454918820. Best of luck with them

Basic Account Holder Tazzers Novitiate

Cagger since
    Jun 2012

I actually am disgusted that I managed to get conned!!!

To be fair, I don't think it was entirely my fault;

I came across myloans via another link which took me into the apply section bypassing the home page stating the 69.99 fee.

When I did see this amount mentioned, I thought it was in relation to the company who was offering me the loan.

The next thing I get a text message saying "thank you for your payment".
    I'm like, who took money for what?!?!?

Looked further into it and it is myloan (08454918820 or 01625505465) or Enhance Financial Services, Macclesfield (0871 705 0201) as has shown to my bank.

I've tried all the numbers, can't get to speak to anyone,
    constantly on hold and then told to ring back.

On principle I'm going to fight the bit out. I'm also completing a Visa Dispute which, if successful, can take up to 30 days.

Anyone seeking a small loan, please, please, please be careful.

I always thought I was savvy now I'm thoroughly embarrassed.

Needless to say, they have provided no companies that I would even dream of using and am now getting junk email re loans from companies in Seattle!!

Follows
    Following

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Cagger since
    Dec 2006
    I am in

chargeback!!

dx

Credit Reference Agencies:Experian Equifax CallCredit noddle<<<<CRA FILE INFO IS HERE<<<<

NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by telephone
    - alert the siteteam IMMEDIATELY by hitting the black warning triangle on any message - Particularly if this results in a request to pay a fee to help you.

DX
    RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder Tazzers Novitiate

Cagger since
    Jun 2012

Is charge back the same at Visa Dispute? Actually (duh!) when I'm speaking with them again I'll ask about this. Thanks for the reply!

Cagger since
    Dec 2006
    I am in

No it is NOT.

and you dont ASK for a chargeback you DEMAND it.

and you dont give up

go up the monkey chain till you get one that KNOWS what it is

very few know how chargeback actually works. or IS

you CAN chargeback

they investigate it LATER.

dx

DX
    RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder juliesearle Novitiate

Cagger since
    May 2007

Quote Originally Posted by lochnettie80 View Post
    can anyone help me i was applying for a loans last week and some one has took 69.99 from my bank account and i dont have a clue who it is it just says on bank statement my loans then last 4 numbers on my bank card, i do have pay day loansicon which are paid when they are suoppsed to be but i have no clue where this money has gone i have no e-mails or phone callsicon from any company callled my loans and i cant trace them on the internet either. any one able to help with this??
    i have just noticed the same with my loans..i did go on this site...and replied..but cancelled as i didnt want to pay the 69.99 fee.as warned about this....so the payment didnt go through..i have just checked my statement..and they took it today...with no notification...am furious..

Basic Account Holder zoey0412 Novitiate

Cagger since
    Jul 2012

this has happened to me a single mum of 2 who really could have done without losing 68 quid is there any way of getting it back????

Cagger since
    Dec 2006
    I am in

best thing is to imediately contact your bank/card provider and demand a chargeback.

youdid NOT give them the authority to charge your card

you were asked for it for security purposes
    not for a charge.

loads of threads on this 70 issue

most get money back.

complain and DO NOT TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER
    your bank CAN refund it

you did NOT give authority

dx

DX
    RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    May 2007

Quote Originally Posted by zoey0412 View Post
    this has happened to me a single mum of 2 who really could have done without losing 68 quid is there any way of getting it back????
    yes..i am having my money refunded..rang them..and told them..they emailed me cancellation form..and responded saying refunded in 30 days...they are supposed to give you a date and amount they are taking it..but they didnt..so i simply rang them..and finally get my money back..

Cagger since
    May 2007

im furious with my loans.
    .i cancelled the agreement within the time frame.
    ..so why does it take 30 days to refund.
    ..i emailed them.
    .telling them they have hold of my money for no reason.
    .and demand they return asap
    ..as i have my rent to pay.
    ..they emailed me back.
    .to say it will be refunded on 30 july.
    ..i emailed them back.
    .saying not good enough.
    .as i am entitled to this now.
    ..as i have no goods or services from them

.to warrant them keeping hold of my money.
    ...is there anything else i should tell them...

Cagger since
    Dec 2006
    I am in

chagre them at your card int rate too on top!!

dx

DX
    RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Royalties Gold Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp's Avatar

Cagger since
    Aug 2010
    I am in
    Chester

They seem to be undegoing a site overhaul

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder Spencer4879 Novitiate

Cagger since
    Aug 2012

yea

Basic Account Holder AngelicaP Novitiate

Cagger since
    Aug 2012

you must have applied for a loan through some website and given them your card details - they take the money and then give you some loan companies to try - massive [problem]!!!! I managed to get money back from one of them by going to their refunds department.

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    caledfwlch Informative caledfwlch Informative caledfwlch Informative caledfwlch Informative caledfwlch Informative caledfwlch's Avatar

Cagger since
    Aug 2006
    I am in
    Ceredigion

Quote Originally Posted by AngelicaP View Post
    you must have applied for a loan through some website and given them your card details - they take the money and then give you some loan companies to try - massive [problem]!!!! I managed to get money back from one of them by going to their refunds department.
    I got caught by this. At no stage was I warned I was entering into a payment service, and my card details were not even entered on that particular site. I just went straight through the VISA chargeback scheme.

Funnily enough these companies don't seem to challenge a chargeback...

When Injustice Becomes Law, Resistance Becomes Duty.
    Follows
    Following

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE