monument credit card problem on credit report

postmn
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4275 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I got into serious trouble a while ago and entered into a dmp with all my creditors which they accepted and froze the interest .

everyones share was on the bigger the debt the bigger the % and everyone was happy with this .

also as soon as one creditor was finsihed i redistributed their share to the remaining creditors until finally i only had mbna left

they had frozen interest etc so i had no problem and then i found i could pay more than i had set up with them

so i increased it to the new amount

subsequently they started charging me interest .

is there any chance of getting them to return the interest paid

since i was in a arrangement with them (Or so i thought) .

ot did i blot my copy book by increasing the payment to them

many thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I had a monument credit card and finished paying it last year through a dmp i se4t up myself and i made a overpayment of £6.03 so i wrote a letter asking them to close the account and refund me the money and i banked this on 1st of aug . however i have checked my credit report and monument is still showing as open with a balance of £8 how can i get this error rectifiled because i seem to repmeber barclays sold this business

I had a monument credit card and finished paying it last year through a dmp i se4t up myself and i made a overpayment of £6.03 so i wrote a letter asking them to close the account and refund me the money and i banked this on 1st of aug . however i have checked my credit report and monument is still showing as open with a balance of £8 how can i get this error rectifiled because i seem to repmeber barclays sold this business

Hi Postmn,

You should firstly give Barclaycard (who, I believe, now own ex Monument cards) the chance to remedy the incorrect entry.

Write to them with details and ask them to correct their error within 14 days or you will take further action. Use Recorded Delivery.

If you want, you can also write to the CRA(s) to point out the error and ask them to amend the entry while the matter is resolved. See here for a letter you can adapt - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?131232-Credit-Reference-Agencies-Multiple-defaults-for-same-debt.&p=1379291&viewfull=1#post1379291

More info here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?72-Data-Protection-and-Default-Issues

If they fail to comply, come back for further help if needed.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi Postmn,

You should firstly give Barclaycard (who, I believe, now own ex Monument cards) the chance to remedy the incorrect entry.

Write to them with details and ask them to correct their error within 14 days or you will take further action. Use Recorded Delivery.

If you want, you can also write to the CRA(s) to point out the error and ask them to amend the entry while the matter is resolved. See here for a letter you can adapt - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?131232-Credit-Reference-Agencies-Multiple-defaults-for-same-debt.&p=1379291&viewfull=1#post1379291

More info here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?72-Data-Protection-and-Default-Issues

If they fail to comply, come back for further help if needed.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• 2 months later...

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)