Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder postmn Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Apr 2012

Default monument credit card problem on credit report

I had a monument credit card and finished paying it last year through a dmpicon i se4t up myself and i made a overpaymenticon of 6.03 so i wrote a letter asking them to close the account and refund me the money and i banked this on 1st of aug . however i have checked my credit report and monument is still showing as open with a balance of 8 how can i get this error rectifiled because i seem to repmeber Barclaysicon sold this business

Site Team slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132's Avatar

Cagger since
    Feb 2007
    I am in
    Planet Thanet, Kent

Default Re: monument credit card problem on credit report

Hi Postmn,

You should firstly give Barclaycard (who, I believe, now own ex Monument cards) the chance to remedy the incorrect entry.

Write to them with details and ask them to correct their error within 14 days or you will take further action. Use Recorded Delivery.

If you want, you can also write to the CRA(s) to point out the error and ask them to amend the entry while the matter is resolved. See here for a letter you can adapt - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...=1#post1379291

More info here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...Default-Issues

If they fail to comply, come back for further help if needed.

Site Team IdaInFife Authoritative IdaInFife Authoritative IdaInFife Authoritative IdaInFife Authoritative IdaInFife Authoritative IdaInFife Authoritative IdaInFife Authoritative IdaInFife Authoritative IdaInFife Authoritative IdaInFife Authoritative IdaInFife Authoritative IdaInFife's Avatar

Cagger since
    Jan 2007
    I am in
    Fife

Default Re: monument credit card problem on credit report

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE