Emusic.com Keeps Charging my bank card

Teddybear154
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3668 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I don't know if I am posting this in the right place. I hope so. Has any one heard of e music.com. I have just checked my bank statement today and noticed a transaction for this company for £9.99. On further inspection I have discovered they have been taking £9.99 every month for about a year. I had not noticed before now. I have done a google search of this company ad they seem to be a music subscription company. I never signed up to this company. I don't even listen to music so I don't know how they have got my bank card details. I have been on there website and the only contact details they have is a American phone number or a web form you can fill out to email them. I am not too keen to phone America as it will probably cost me a fortune and can't fill in web form as they ask for email address used to register which I don't know as never signed up for this company. What Can I do to stop this company taking more money. I don't particularly want to have to cancel my bank card as I have alot of bills set up and paid with this card and it will be a nightmare having to phone every where. but will if have too. Does any one know any other contact details for this company. Also Is there any Chance I can get my money back. As it totals over £100 which is alot of money. Whats the best way if any to go about getting my money back.

Any advice much appreciated

Thanks In advance :x

Hi

I think this is the UK address.

London

eMusic

PO Box 6400

London

W1A 8AW

England

Write to them, Mark it for the attention of the Customer Complaints Manager and send it by recorded signed for delivery

Contact your bank and ask them to block any requests for payment from that company

Gbarbm

• 1 year later...

Sorry to rake up a old thread but I'm still having problems with this company EMUSIC. I have sent so many letters to the address stated above and any other address I have found and haven't had one reply. I have tried emailing them hundreds of times as they have now changed there online contact system but again have had no replies I have phoned the American telephone number and have spent a fortune on phone calls just to be told no one can help me.

I have contacted my bank and have asked them to block payments from this company many times but the company still manages to take money.

I have cancelled and changed my bank card twice and still they manage to take money. I just don't understand it and don't know how to stop it.

Is there any way to stop it they have now taken over £300.

My bank just don't seem to care. I'm with lloyds

Any advice would be much appreciated

Thanks in advance.

Very odd especially if they have taken money after you changed your card, I would of thought this was impossible, is the money perhaps being taken by a DD instead ?

I'd demand that Lloyds take more action, that you have not signed upto anything and that it is fraud, get the police involved if you have to.

If you genuinelly have not signed up for this and they have a UK presecence it shouldnt be too hard to reclaim the money via the courts, but I suspect it isnt as simple as this.

Very odd especially if they have taken money after you changed your card, I would of thought this was impossible, is the money perhaps being taken by a DD instead ?

It's not impossible as the instruction was given prior to the card being changed. The thing to do is to contact the card provider and ask to stop the continuous payment authority. If no original authority was given then an action to recover the payments via the fraud route should be undertaken.

Hi Teddy

Write a Formal Letter of Complaint, mark it as such. Explain what's happened, how they have let you down and what you want them to do.

Send it to:

Ms Alison Brittain

Head of Retail Banking

Lloyds Banking Group

[email protected]

Provide as much detail as possible, e-mails sent etc.

It's not impossible as the instruction was given prior to the card being changed. The thing to do is to contact the card provider and ask to stop the continuous payment authority. If no original authority was given then an action to recover the payments via the fraud route should be undertaken.

But how would the company know the number and authorisation needed to charge the new card, would the bank supply them with the new info. or would they continue to pay out using the old card details ?, then what would be the point in stopping an old card in the event of theft or loss if money can continue to be taken from it ?

Or does a continuos payment authority overide all of this ? Even then, surely a customer can stop it.

Odd

But how would the company know the number and authorisation needed to charge the new card, would the bank supply them with the new info. or would they continue to pay out using the old card details ?, then what would be the point in stopping an old card in the event of theft or loss if money can continue to be taken from it ?

Or does a continuos payment authority overide all of this ? Even then, surely a customer can stop it.

Odd

They would continue using the old card. Hence the need for the cancelation of the CPA. Bear in mind that the assumption here is that the authorisation was given in the first place.

Thanks for your replies. I have never signed up to this company. I had never even heard of the company before I saw it on bank statement so I definitely never gave my authorisation for them to take money. I will send a letter of complaint to Allison Brittan as you suggest. To see if she can help stop this. I have copies of all letters and emails I have sent to emusic and lloyds regarding this matter.

Hopefully this should help me with getting my money back.

Thanks

Let us know what happens, if Lloyds don't act, then you can lodge a complaint with the FOS, but you need to get a Final answer from Lloyds first.

Thanks for your replies. I have never signed up to this company. I had never even heard of the company before I saw it on bank statement so I definitely never gave my authorisation for them to take money. I will send a letter of complaint to Allison Brittan as you suggest. To see if she can help stop this. I have copies of all letters and emails I have sent to emusic and lloyds regarding this matter.

Hopefully this should help me with getting my money back.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • dx100uk changed the title to Emusic.com Keeps Charging my bank card