Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder johnniepk Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Jul 2007

Default Hotel charged wrong fee but refuses to cancel prepaid booking

I booked a non refundable rate for a hotel room in India.

The booking agreement was that would be charged in Indian Rupees. This did not happen.
    I was charged in GBP and it appears they have used dynamic currency conversion and the GBP amount is about 80 higher than expected.

I originally requested just an explanation of this but after 20 emails to the hotel chain was told to deal directly with the hotel.
    The hotel claim to have done nothing wrong.

I asked them to cancel the booking as I was unhappy they had overcharged me by unlawfully using DCC without my authorisation.
    I no longer wish to stay at this hotel.

I have instigated a chargeback via my credit card company.
    I have informed the hotel again and again and asked them to cancel the booking.
    They refuse point blank saying its not possible.

I am taking the view that I am not bound by their terms and conditions as they have violated the agreed booking.
    I do not want the difference refunded as its akin to someone picking your pocket and if they are caught having the option to just give it back and we carry on as normal.

Am I on strong ground here?
    I still need a hotel room for this time and a bit worried about booking another hotel and finding out I have an obligation towards the original booking.
    Thanks for reading.

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Cagger since
    Dec 2006
    I am in
    a sort of fire-fighting role here. Hate HFC & their compulsory PPI ethos

Default Re: Hotel charged wrong fee but refuses to cancel prepaid booking

i should think chargeback will work.

you dont say how far away this is
    but as 20emails have gone bouncing.

you are nowhere near any cut-off period for them to wriggle.

good luck

dx

Credit Reference Agencies:Experian Equifax CallCredit noddle<<<<CRA FILE INFO IS HERE<<<<
    fed up with DCA's calling get a TRUECALL BOX!! - HERE
    Sort Your Debts Now - - here

Start Your Own Thread - HERE

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here
    2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here
    3. Reclaim Loan, Credit Card, mortgage & CAtalogue Charges Read Here
    my views are my own...seek legal advice if ness
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by telephone
    - alert the siteteam IMMEDIATELY by hitting the black warning triangle on any message - Particularly if this results in a request to pay a fee to help you.

DX
    RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    Jul 2007

Stay is in about 4 weeks. I am wondering if after a successful chargeback they can resubmit the charge in INR and claim I no-showed.

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Cagger since
    Dec 2006
    I am in
    a sort of fire-fighting role here. Hate HFC & their compulsory PPI ethos

yo have cancelled yes?

dx

Credit Reference Agencies:Experian Equifax CallCredit noddle<<<<CRA FILE INFO IS HERE<<<<
    fed up with DCA's calling get a TRUECALL BOX!! - HERE
    Sort Your Debts Now - - here

Start Your Own Thread - HERE

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here
    2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here
    3. Reclaim Loan, Credit Card, mortgage & CAtalogue Charges Read Here
    my views are my own...seek legal advice if ness
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by telephone
    - alert the siteteam IMMEDIATELY by hitting the black warning triangle on any message - Particularly if this results in a request to pay a fee to help you.

DX
    RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    Jul 2007

I have sent at least 4 emails asking to cancel. Each time they say its not possible.
    When I check my reservations its still there. So I have a current reservation and a dispute chargeback in progress.

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE