Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder dylanward Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Apr 2011

Default Overdraft Protection - can i claim it back?

Hi,
    can anyone tell me if I would be able to claim back overdrafticon protection payments for 6 yearsicon?

I've been paying 13.60 a month during that time and the overdraft is 1700,
    this protection was set up when I increased my overdraft due to financial difficulties.

The whole process (application) was done online and basically I was not allowed to increase my overdraft without taking this protection,
    there was no option to opt out.

Any help greatfully appreciated,

thanks,

A Ward

Site Team citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB's Avatar

Cagger since
    Dec 2007
    I am in
    Back of beyond

Default Re: Overdraft Protection - can i claim it back?

If it was mandatory then yes, I would imagine you could claim it back

I am sure one of the PPIicon guys will be around to advise later on today

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running
    Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE
    2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries
    3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here
    4: Staying Calm About Debt Read Here
    5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you
    3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules
    4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly
    5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE
    Follows
    Following

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Cagger since
    Dec 2006
    I am in
    a sort of fire-fighting role here. Hate HFC & their compulsory PPI ethos

yes ofcourse you can and PASSED 6yrs too.

have you all the statements?

if so treat it as a running CI account

use the fosicon ci running sheet.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...laims-Dec-2011

dx

Credit Reference Agencies:Experian Equifax CallCredit noddle<<<<CRA FILE INFO IS HERE<<<<
    fed up with DCA's calling get a TRUECALL BOX!! - HERE
    Sort Your Debts Now - - here

Start Your Own Thread - HERE

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here
    2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here
    3. Reclaim Loan, Credit Card, mortgage & CAtalogue Charges Read Here
    my views are my own...seek legal advice if ness
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by telephone
    - alert the siteteam IMMEDIATELY by hitting the black warning triangle on any message - Particularly if this results in a request to pay a fee to help you.

DX
    RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Site Team slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132's Avatar

Cagger since
    Feb 2007
    I am in
    Planet Thanet, Kent

Hi Dylan and welcome to CAGicon

Have the payments varied at all.

As already said, this sound like PPIicon and should be reclaimed with Compound interesticon.

Link 1. OFT Debt Coll'n Guide - http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/consumer_credit/oft664.pdf
    Link 2. Checking your credit Agreement - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...greements.html
    Link 3. Interest Tutorial - http://www.consumerwiki.co.uk/index....erest_Tutorial
    Link 4. OFT Guide re s.78 CCA1974 Requests - http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/consumer_credit/OFT1272.pdf

Any help and advice is offered in good faith, based solely on my own knowledge and on experience gathered from this site. I am not qualified to offer legal or financial advice, which you should seek from an expert before making any important decisions. My opinions are therefore offered without liability.

If I've been helpful, please click my scales.
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder dylanward Novitiate

Cagger since
    Apr 2011

Hi, the payments have always been 13.60 since the overdraft was arranged (approx 5-6 years ago).

On a separate note we are trying to manage our debts through the CCCS and have agreed with almost everyone else to pay back a reduced amount each month until its clear, but Barclaysicon have closed the account and sent us a nasty letter demanding the Overdraft be paid back in full or it will accrue interesticon at 82p a day until it is! I'm sure this is an idle threat, and hope its just a standard letter but obviously we're not particularly keen on being taken to court! Seems odd that their response to a letter about struggling with debts is to demand a full repayment, clearly we do not have this money... Going off the PPIicon Calculator we are owed 1100 of the overdraft so they can start by knocking that off...

Thanks,

D Ward

Site Team slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132's Avatar

Cagger since
    Feb 2007
    I am in
    Planet Thanet, Kent

Moving this to the PPIicon forum.

Use the letters and examples in this forum to set about reclaiming these charges.

I wouldn't assume Barclay's demand for full repayment is an idle one. If you're having Financial Difficulty, see here and write to the bank asking that they stop adding any interesticon or charges - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...n-for-hardship

If this stops them adding 82p every day, that'll be a lot saved in a year.

Link 1. OFT Debt Coll'n Guide - http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/consumer_credit/oft664.pdf
    Link 2. Checking your credit Agreement - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...greements.html
    Link 3. Interest Tutorial - http://www.consumerwiki.co.uk/index....erest_Tutorial
    Link 4. OFT Guide re s.78 CCA1974 Requests - http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/consumer_credit/OFT1272.pdf

Any help and advice is offered in good faith, based solely on my own knowledge and on experience gathered from this site. I am not qualified to offer legal or financial advice, which you should seek from an expert before making any important decisions. My opinions are therefore offered without liability.

If I've been helpful, please click my scales.
    Follows
    Following

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Cagger since
    Dec 2006
    I am in
    a sort of fire-fighting role here. Hate HFC & their compulsory PPI ethos

Quote Originally Posted by dylanward View Post
    Hi, the payments have always been 13.60 since the overdraft was arranged (approx 5-6 years ago).

On a separate note we are trying to manage our debts through the CCCS and have agreed with almost everyone else to pay back a reduced amount each month until its clear, but Barclaysicon have closed the account and sent us a nasty letter demanding the Overdraft be paid back in full or it will accrue interesticon at 82p a day until it is! I'm sure this is an idle threat, and hope its just a standard letter but obviously we're not particularly keen on being taken to court! Seems odd that their response to a letter about struggling with debts is to demand a full repayment, clearly we do not have this money... Going off the PPIicon Calculator we are owed 1100 of the overdraft so they can start by knocking that off...

Thanks,

D Ward
    that might be a bit low?

use

CISheet v101.xls

enter the OD int rate in cell D15

then enter EVERY 13.60 with the date it was charged in rows 20 onwards

dx

Credit Reference Agencies:Experian Equifax CallCredit noddle<<<<CRA FILE INFO IS HERE<<<<
    fed up with DCA's calling get a TRUECALL BOX!! - HERE
    Sort Your Debts Now - - here

Start Your Own Thread - HERE

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here
    2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here
    3. Reclaim Loan, Credit Card, mortgage & CAtalogue Charges Read Here
    my views are my own...seek legal advice if ness
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by telephone
    - alert the siteteam IMMEDIATELY by hitting the black warning triangle on any message - Particularly if this results in a request to pay a fee to help you.

DX
    RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE