first bus fares increase

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4352 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi can anyone advise who to complain to, my wife travels same route to work daily, in march the fare was 90p, then it went up to £1.15 in April, and again last week to £1.85, she has now been keeping the tickets to compare, as it seems they change the price when they feel like it. The ticket she got tonight has ZERO printed on it although she paid £1.15 on boarding the bus. Also the tickets do not match where she got on and where she gets off, must confess its got me confused, so any help would be much appreciated, thank you.

Was that in Glasgow? Although I guess their price structure could be universal.

90p went up to £1.15 at the start of April. That covers up to 5 stops.

£1.80 went up to £1.85 for over 5 stops but not into other areas.

I would guess to go from 90p to £1,85 there has been an error with the number of stops (either before or after).

I used to use Arriva when down in Glasgow - they were £2.80 for a day ticket that took you from the Largs to Glasgow, and all around Paisley. They are now taken over by McGills, who are far more expensive. The closest fare I could get to mimic the old £2.80 ticket is now £4.50 from Firstbus (up from £4).

So despite fuel prices rising - they must be making far more as the buses are now far busier than I remember before. But to go from £2,80 to £4.50 makes driving more viable as the car is just sitting anyway.

Hi Bang we live outside of Glasgow about 12 miles north, cant work out how the tickets they issue are not from the stop that my wife got on but 2-3 stops before and a few stops after the one she gets off??? is this legal, its like they have to do this to account for the price they charge to make it look like you got on before the stop that you did if that makes sense. Plus how can they give you a ticket marked zero when you paid £1.15???

I have been using Firstbus often this month since Arriva stopped - so have probably bought about 8 tickets. I normally get day tickets and keep them in a ticket holder, and just replace the one at the front, then empty them when it gets thicker, so I should have a few to check.

My coat is out in the car, and I will check it later to see if the locations I got on match what it says on the ticket. I had noticed quite a while ago (but rarely used FIrstbus then) that sometimes it said the exact stop, and other times places it a few stops away as you said - but as I was offering the money they were getting the correct fare.

I presume you are in Cumbernauld, and I am sure I remember reading in the past there were different criteria for buses beyond somewhere on the A80 but cannot remember where ?Castlecary Arches?

As for the ZERO ticket, I could only guess it to be an error.