Passed ESA medical AGAIN second time i was wondering DLA??

itsme123
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4350 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I have passed my ESA medical for the second time for severe depression and anxiety. I have been told to apply for DLA aswell due to care and getting around the reason for this is as follows.

I have been with my partner for 5years and she has supported me through these hard times which i am truly lucky to have been given a partner like her. She is a carer at the moment going house to house looking after people. When she is off work or even when she is at work if i need anything i call her and she will take me places i need to go due to myself been paranoid to go outside.

She helps with a number of things ranging from taking me shopping, cooking meals, cleaning up and reminding me to do things when i forget aswell as cleaning my clothes.

I also get support of my mother alot when she is not around. I was wondering would i be able to get DLA as i have been on ESA for over 3years. I am currently in the WRAG group and have to attend interviews but my support worker is very helpful so i arrange times and can cancel times due to my partner having to accompany me to interviews.

Thanks and hope to get some help on this.

DLA is a payment for expenses you have due to a disability.The government web site says:

"DLA is paid to provide a financial contribution towards the extra costs experienced by disabled people as a direct result of their disabilities."

If you have costs then claim.There are two possible areas,mobility and care.

Mobility covers anything to do with getting about.

Care is paid if you need more than 1 hours help during the day or i believe 20 minutes during the night.

You can also get DLA if your only care need is help preparing a meal for one person. Your cooking ability isn't taken into account. It's more the safety side of things.

My girlfriend cooks meals, Does washing for me and takes me to my relatives or anywere i need to go eg my work focused interview.

Should i apply then?

If it's washing clothes, then it doesn't count as care.

but as above i have said that she cooks meals because of my depression i forget about cooking times. The only meals i make are micro meals and they are not healthy to live on.