style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4352 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi

i am in need of desperate help as i have got home tonight to find a notice of seizure

nearly two years ago my i parked up my car on a street (my partner was with me at the time) behind another car, put my handbrake on and turned off the engine - there was probably about five feet between the cars - the car in front then started its engine, the reverse light came on and it started to reverse, my partner said " he isnt going to stop" and no sooner had he said that, the car reversed into the front of ours.

the driver got out, instantly inspected his car (there was minor damage) and turned to me and said " did you not see me parked there!" - i replied to him that we were already parked up before he started his engine and he wouldnt have any of it, despite the fact i had a witness to what he had done. we exchanged names, numbers and addresses.

he then rang me later on still insisting that i had run into him and he was contacting his insurance, my dilema at the time is that my insurance had lapsed as my partner was out of work and we living a hand to mouth existence. I did not tell the other driver this at any one time.

a few months later i received a visitor from his insurance company to clarify details etc and he saw the front end damage on my car and asked why i had not responded to any correspondence they had sent, i replied that as i was not at fault and he had lied to his insurance company about his claim i was having nothing to do with it as i wasnt at fault.

i fully admit to burying my head in the sand about all of this and should have come clean at the time but the thought of going to court and admitting that i wasnt insured was petrifying.

i realise now that i am going to have to seek legal advice and come clean but how do i stop them from taking goods from my property because the other driver in question has made a false claim on his insurance and lied through his back teeth to them?

i havnt told my partner about any of this as at the time he was gong through an absolute nightmare and i dint want to pile any more pressure on him.

please help me i am at my wits end

Is this seizure of the vehicle for it being uninsured or

bailiffs collecting for fines, or a CCJ?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

hi BRIGADIER2JCS

am certain i havnt had a letter saying this was going to court so not sure if its a ccj - the letter states it is for judgement debt etc, so i take it from this that it has gone to court, but i have no recollection of ever receiving a letter telling me this?

It looks like the "other party" has obtained a default judgment against you, were you aware of any court letters at all?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

the notice of seizure is from the sherrifs office in croydon

In that case not only do you have a CCJ against you but it has now been transferred to the High Court for enforcement and initially will have been for more than £600, the person leaving the notice will have been a High Court Enforcement Officer. Do you have a sheet of paper with lots of writing on it?

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Check the Trustonline site it should give you details.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

hi

i have three sheets of paper with lots of writing on them, i think there should have been more as it jumps points, but unfortunately my flamin dog went on a bender before i got home and i came home to find he had destroyed a pack of loo roll i had stupidly left in the hall but there was no signs of any other pieces of paper only these so i can only presume he has eaten them along with a good quantity of loo roll! of all the days he had to have a hissy fit today takes the biscuit! :(

On one of these sheets it may say words similar to:

High Court Form No 55 - Notice of Seizure

High Court Claim No: xxxxxxxxx

County Court Claim No: zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Sent from ABCD County Court by Cerificate dated: 31/02/2199

Claimant: XYZ

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

hi plodderton

yes the dog managed not to eat that one

That is the important one. Any chance of resurrecting it? I believe the Brigadier has made a suggestion as to where to look for further info if you can't.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]