Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder quequeg Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Apr 2012

Default notice of seizure

hi

i am in need of desperate help as i have got home tonight to find a notice of seizure

nearly two years ago my i parked up my car on a street (my partner was with me at the time) behind another car, put my handbrake on and turned off the engine - there was probably about five feet between the cars - the car in front then started its engine, the reverse light came on and it started to reverse, my partner said " he isnt going to stop" and no sooner had he said that, the car reversed into the front of ours.
    the driver got out, instantly inspected his car (there was minor damage) and turned to me and said " did you not see me parked there!" - i replied to him that we were already parked up before he started his engine and he wouldnt have any of it, despite the fact i had a witness to what he had done. we exchanged names, numbers and addresses.

he then rang me later on still insisting that i had run into him and he was contacting his insurance, my dilema at the time is that my insurance had lapsed as my partner was out of work and we living a hand to mouth existence. I did not tell the other driver this at any one time.

a few months later i received a visitor from his insurance company to clarify details etc and he saw the front end damage on my car and asked why i had not responded to any correspondence they had sent, i replied that as i was not at fault and he had lied to his insurance company about his claim i was having nothing to do with it as i wasnt at fault.

i fully admit to burying my head in the sandicon about all of this and should have come clean at the time but the thought of going to court and admitting that i wasnt insured was petrifying.

i realise now that i am going to have to seek legal advice and come clean but how do i stop them from taking goods from my property because the other driver in question has made a false claim on his insurance and lied through his back teeth to them?

i havnt told my partner about any of this as at the time he was gong through an absolute nightmare and i dint want to pile any more pressure on him.

please help me i am at my wits end

Site Team The Consumer Action Group ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21's Avatar

Cagger since
    Feb 2011
    I am in
    excellent spirits

Default Re: notice of seizure

Thread moved to Bailiff forum

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here
    2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here
    3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here
    4. The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here
    5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here
    6. Staying Calm About Debt Read Here
    7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement? Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING
    EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Follows
    Following

Premium Royalties Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative

Cagger since
    Aug 2010
    I am in
    In need of.......................

Is this seizure of the vehicle for it being uninsured or
    bailiffs collecting for fines, or a CCJ?

Cagger since
    Apr 2012

hi BRIGADIER2JCS

am certain i havnt had a letter saying this was going to court so not sure if its a ccj - the letter states it is for judgement debt etc, so i take it from this that it has gone to court, but i have no recollection of ever receiving a letter telling me this?

Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation
    brassnecked Highly informative brassnecked Highly informative brassnecked Highly informative brassnecked Highly informative brassnecked Highly informative brassnecked Highly informative brassnecked Highly informative brassnecked's Avatar

Cagger since
    Nov 2009
    I am in
    I am on the Dark Side Of The Moon

It looks like the "other party" has obtained a default judgment against you, were you aware of any court letters at all?

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!
    Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    Apr 2012

Hi

i did not recieve any letters saying this was going to court that i am aware of,

Site Team ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom's Avatar

Cagger since
    May 2009
    I am in
    Cloud Cuckoo Land

Who is the Notice of Seizure from?

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    Apr 2012

the notice of seizure is from the sherrifs office in croydon

Site Team ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom's Avatar

Cagger since
    May 2009
    I am in
    Cloud Cuckoo Land

Quote Originally Posted by quequeg View Post
    the notice of seizure is from the sherrifs office in croydon
    In that case not only do you have a CCJ against you but it has now been transferred to the High Court for enforcement and initially will have been for more than 600, the person leaving the notice will have been a High Court Enforcement Officer. Do you have a sheet of paper with lots of writing on it?

PT

Follows
    Following

Premium Royalties Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative

Cagger since
    Aug 2010
    I am in
    In need of.......................

Check the Trustonline site it should give you details.

Cagger since
    Apr 2012

hi
    i have three sheets of paper with lots of writing on them, i think there should have been more as it jumps points, but unfortunately my flamin dog went on a bender before i got home and i came home to find he had destroyed a pack of loo roll i had stupidly left in the hall but there was no signs of any other pieces of paper only these so i can only presume he has eaten them along with a good quantity of loo roll! of all the days he had to have a hissy fit today takes the biscuit!

Cagger since
    May 2009
    I am in
    Cloud Cuckoo Land

On one of these sheets it may say words similar to:

High Court Form No 55 - Notice of Seizure
    High Court Claim No: xxxxxxxxx
    county courticon Claim No: zzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Sent from ABCD County Court by Cerificate dated: 31/02/2199
    Claimant: XYZ

Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    Apr 2012

hi plodderton

yes the dog managed not to eat that one

Cagger since
    May 2009
    I am in
    Cloud Cuckoo Land

Quote Originally Posted by quequeg View Post
    hi plodderton

yes the dog managed not to eat that one
    That is the important one. Any chance of resurrecting it? I believe the Brigadier has made a suggestion as to where to look for further info if you can't.

Follows
    Following

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE