Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder Sally_Cinnamon Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Aug 2011

Default How to take complaint further after credit account I had not applied for

Hi,

Please can someone advise how I can take my complaint further/formalize it regarding the following as I am very unhappy?

I placed an online order with a High Street shop (I have used previously but not for a least a year).
    During checkout I was confused that it didn't ask for any card/payment details. As since the last time I shopped on site would have been with my old card.

A few minutes later I received an email confirming my order which stated "These item(s) will be added to your next statement."

Basically the company has opened a credit account for me without my authorization or my requesting one. I am under the impression (possibly incorrectly) that this is illegal.

Just to clarify, I have NEVER applied for or had a credit account with this company and always paid for items at checkout in full.

I have spoken to their customer services who apologised and said they would request account to be closed but could not explain why they open credit accounts in this way.

Thanks in advance for any advice

Follows
    Following

Premium Royalties Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS's Avatar

Cagger since
    Aug 2010
    I am in
    In need of.......................

Default Re: How to take complaint further after credit account I had not applied for

Hi Welcome to CAGicon,
    I think a know what has happened here
    when you order goods in this the company
    states in their adverts etc., that on acceptance
    of the first order an account will be opened for
    you.

All you need to do is write and clearly state that
    you were NOT informed that this was to be a credit
    facility and you no wish to continue with the account,
    and there will they please confirm that the account is
    closed immediately.
    If you have not yet paid for the goods ordered send payment
    in full with the letter.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.
    Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!
    Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder Sally_Cinnamon Novitiate

Cagger since
    Aug 2011

Default Re: How to take complaint further after credit account I had not applied for

Hi & thanks for prompt response.

The thing is, this was not a first order and it never said anything about a credit account being opened -if it had, I wouldn't have proceeded with the order.

Follows
    Following

Premium Royalties Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS's Avatar

Cagger since
    Aug 2010
    I am in
    In need of.......................

Quote Originally Posted by Sally_Cinnamon View Post
    Hi & thanks for prompt response.

The thing is, this was not a first order and it never said anything about a credit account being opened -if it had, I would not of proceeded with the order.
    Often happens after you have paid 1-2 orders off, it's very sneaky imo.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.
    Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!
    Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:
    Follows
    Following

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE