Phone call from DWP a week after ATOS medical for ESA

UK7
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4354 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I never give out phone numbers to these people. In writing only it's the best way..

i had ESA medical 7th march a week later in the post a letter saying i was in the WRAG group, i took 5 working days to come to a decision.

My advice is based on my opinion and my experience. It is not to be taken as legal advice as I am not legally qualified

If my advice has been helpful, please take a moment to click on the scales

on the bottom left hand side of my profile :p

seems a lot here dont like talking on the phone, understandable I guess.

But bear in mind letters can go missing or delayed so if you dont talk on the phone you can miss information.

Worried33, i do it like that so they can't say this and that i always thought get it in writing is the best way and for me it is..

But i can see the point what you are saying.

It's all a gamble which is the right or wrong way..

My advice is based on my opinion and my experience. It is not to be taken as legal advice as I am not legally qualified

well i got 2 examples.

my new atos appointment I still have no letter for, I do have the date/time due to the phone. Remember my last atos appointment I never got a latter and had got my benefit cutoff.

also my IB reconsideration I got a phonecall, even got my money, but got no letter.

in writing is always the best way for legal purposes for sure, its hard to prove something that you been told over the phone. But with the DWP they seem unreliable at sending letters out and recieving them.

O Jesus!!!! now confused by that comeback Worried33 lol

Well the phone call was to let me know that I did not have enough points (as expected). I told him I am waiting on a phone call to go into hospital for approx 13 week and I was given two options:

1. Claim JSA
  2. Stop claiming benefits

I told him I would be putting in an appeal and he said he would send me a GL27 or something in the post. I guess my benefits are stopped now?

I forgot to ask for a copy of my medical....when can I get this from? Is asking them to reconsider the same as an appeal? If not what form do you use for reconsideration or is it even worth the hassle?

form gl24dwp os the form to appeal the decision, this will automatically be considered or a reconsideration and if the decision can be changed it will be rather than refer to the tribunal. You will need to send in medical evidence (fit note) from you GP for the duration of the reconsideration/appeal process.

form gl24dwp os the form to appeal the decision, this will automatically be considered or a reconsideration and if the decision can be changed it will be rather than refer to the tribunal. You will need to send in medical evidence (fit note) from you GP for the duration of the reconsideration/appeal process.

My existing sick note that I sent is valid for another 3 monts. Do I need a fresh one to send with the GL24DWP form? thanks.

Well the phone call was to let me know that I did not have enough points (as expected). I told him I am waiting on a phone call to go into hospital for approx 13 week and I was given two options:

1. Claim JSA
  2. Stop claiming benefits

I told him I would be putting in an appeal and he said he would send me a GL27 or something in the post. I guess my benefits are stopped now?

I forgot to ask for a copy of my medical....when can I get this from? Is asking them to reconsider the same as an appeal? If not what form do you use for reconsideration or is it even worth the hassle?

did he tell you how you would sign on and look for work whilst in hospital?

funny DWP staff are telling people to fraudelently claim JSA to try and justify the decisions to remove ESA entitlement.

I had a DM tell me I would be able to get excused from signing on due to health as well as excused from looking for work. Unreal.

When you appeal and assuming they dont reconsider (so submit to tribunal service) you should get a copy of your medical report then.