Advantis and Lowell - help needed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4358 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My brother had a mobile in my name with 3 mobile and run the bill up, 3 wouldnt cap it

I phoned them and told them I wanted to cancel as soon as the contract term (12 months) was up.

It was up in November 2006 (and I no longer lived with him at the address the phone was contracted to).

since then, Ive found that 3 mobile continued the contract for about 7/8 months after that and have passed the debt to Lowell,

along with an early cancellation fee, the amount owed is approx. £700!!!!

I wrote to Lowell and got all the information they had on this debt, telling them that it is not my debt,

and got the info saying I had been billed for some time after the November in which the contract was up.

I wrote to them again and asked when the contract was up and they said November 2006.

I pointed this out to them and told them the debt they were chasing did not actually exist.

Fast forward to now,

they havent stopped sending me letters and now Advantis have sent a letter on their behalf

- a "notice of Intent to Commence Legal Action".

I have a good mind to tell them to take me to bloody court so they can have egg on their faces, but what's the best way to proceed?

std threat-o-gram crap.

intent if might could instruct

never WILL.

if 3 wante dtheir money on this alleged debt

they would have down something bout it 6yrs ago

its almost SB'ed

so that why the fleecers are trying it on.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Ruddy con merchants, 3 are the most appalling phone company to deal with, they have NO customer service whatsoever, whenever anyone tells me they're with 3 I tell them to get out as soon as they can, and they agree.

As DX says, you owe nothing, 3 will have been paid out by their insurers for this and they would have had a little more profit from the sale of a dud debt.

Advantis and lowlifes, can seriously be totally ignored, every letter you get from any of these clowns you can safely file unsder ignore, just complain about the sad losers to the OFT, even let your local MP know about how unscrupulous these parasites really are.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!