Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder charlee Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Mar 2010

Default Advantis and Lowell - help needed

My brother had a mobile in my name with 3 mobile and run the bill up, 3 wouldnt cap it

I phoned them and told them I wanted to cancel as soon as the contract term (12 months) was up.
    It was up in November 2006 (and I no longer lived with him at the address the phone was contracted to).

since then, Ive found that 3 mobile continued the contract for about 7/8 months after that and have passed the debt to Lowell,
    along with an early cancellation fee, the amount owed is approx. 700!!!!

I wrote to Lowell and got all the information they had on this debt, telling them that it is not my debt,
    and got the info saying I had been billed for some time after the November in which the contract was up.
    I wrote to them again and asked when the contract was up and they said November 2006.
    I pointed this out to them and told them the debt they were chasing did not actually exist.

Fast forward to now,
    they havent stopped sending me letters and now Advantis have sent a letter on their behalf
    - a "notice of Intent to Commence Legal Action".

I have a good mind to tell them to take me to bloody court so they can have Eggicon on their faces, but what's the best way to proceed?

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Cagger since
    Dec 2006
    I am in
    a sort of fire-fighting role here. Hate HFC & their compulsory PPI ethos

Default Re: Advantis and Lowell - help needed

std threat-o-gram crap.

intent if might could instruct

never WILL.

if 3 wante dtheir money on this alleged debt
    they would have down something bout it 6yrs ago

its almost SB'ed

so that why the fleecers are trying it on.

dx

Credit Reference Agencies:Experian Equifax CallCredit noddle<<<<CRA FILE INFO IS HERE<<<<
    fed up with DCA's calling get a TRUECALL BOX!! - HERE
    Sort Your Debts Now - - here

Start Your Own Thread - HERE

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here
    2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here
    3. Reclaim Loan, Credit Card, mortgage & CAtalogue Charges Read Here
    my views are my own...seek legal advice if ness
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by telephone
    - alert the siteteam IMMEDIATELY by hitting the black warning triangle on any message - Particularly if this results in a request to pay a fee to help you.

DX
    RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Royalties Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo's Avatar

Cagger since
    Feb 2008
    I am in
    Southsea
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Advantis and Lowell - help needed

Ruddy con merchants, 3 are the most appalling phone company to deal with, they have NO customer service whatsoever, whenever anyone tells me they're with 3 I tell them to get out as soon as they can, and they agree.

As DX says, you owe nothing, 3 will have been paid out by their insurers for this and they would have had a little more profit from the sale of a dud debt.

Advantis and lowlifes, can seriously be totally ignored, every letter you get from any of these clowns you can safely file unsder ignore, just complain about the sad losers to the OFT, even let your local MP know about how unscrupulous these parasites really are.

Worrying is like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do but gets you nowhere!
    How to use Photobucket by Huggie41.
    HOW DO I START A NEW THREAD?

Follows
    Following

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE