Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Basic Account Holder Bedsit Bob Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Feb 2012

Default Re: Never buy toilet paper again!

Quote Originally Posted by locutus View Post
    It can be a little rough on the hole.
    Fixed it for you.

Basic Account Holder deano_uk Novitiate deano_uk Novitiate deano_uk's Avatar

Cagger since : Nov 2012

you have to be joking right? stealing toilet paper from a public loo? this is theft!

i can help you reduce the cost of your toilet paper bill by exactly 50%! think of it, a guaranteed 50% saving every week, month and year on your loo rolls.
    all you need to do is to use BOTH sides of the paper, this reduces your cost by 50%

i guess that using both sides of the paper could be seen as green and environmentally friendly also

if you want to save 75%, then just split the 2 ply tissue into 2 separate sheets - a whopping 75% saved!

Basic Account Holder clairfour Novitiate clairfour's Avatar

Cagger since : Jan 2013

I buy Sainsburys own when it is on offer, but I think I will have a try of some of the suggestions on here now, thanks

Basic Account Holder MUChok Novitiate

Cagger since : Feb 2013

how about taking from work place?

Site Team maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52's Avatar

Cagger since : Jun 2006

Quote Originally Posted by MUChok View Post
    how about taking from work place?
    Thats theft is it not

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.
    If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert
    Follows
    Following

Royalties Account Holder renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp's Avatar

Cagger since : Aug 2010

Theyve got an offer on right now in B&M's. 3.99 for 24

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks
    Follows
    Following

Site Team maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by renegadeimp View Post
    Theyve got an offer on right now in B&M's. 3.99 for 24
    Bog Roll or KitKats

Follows
    Following

Royalties Account Holder renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp's Avatar

Basic Account Holder MUChok Novitiate

Basic Account Holder chrissy88 Novitiate

Cagger since : Mar 2013

haha I had to laugh when reading this

I friend of mine used to do that at university, but you don't end up saving almost anything so I don't see the point

Basic Account Holder roxiejarrigan Novitiate

I used to steel a bog roll a day when I was in University and help myself to free ketchup sachee and salt n pepper in the canteen! I'm sure if I went back now I could find a lot more. Basically covered my tuition fee

Basic Account Holder Zombe Novitiate

Cagger since : Jul 2008

***** SERIOUS HEALTH WARNING! ****

Using toilet tissue to blow your nose is not the cleverest thing to do health wise. I used to for years, and it can cause serious even fatal health issues.

Have you noticed the huge fine cloud of particles that become air bourne when you unroll and tear off bog roll? You probably wont notice it under normal lighting circumstances.

Everyone must have noticed it under bright sunlight. Or powerfull electric light. These particles we see with the naked eye, are only the larger ones. Their is real danger in the ones we cannot see with the naked eye. Especially those below 10 um in size.

What is the natural thing to do before one blows ones nose? Take a deep breath. Typically while holding tissue near face. Then blow nose. In so doing you are inhaling vast amounts of these air bourne particles / fibers.

Any one in the construction industry, or manufacturing (where dust is present ) will tell you that dust inhalation of any type, for any duration is strictly banned on health grounds. A Fairly recent thing, but for very good reason.

Not only is it potentially irritant, but any dust. Even seemingly benign dust can, through long term exposure potentially be carcinogenic, and or cause very debilitating, often fatal medical conditions. Including but not exclusivley: Asthma (and or exacerbation of pre existing), causation of mesothelioma, lung, esophageal, gastrointestinal, laryngeal, and pharyngeal cancers.

Typically, roughly half of many of the air bourne paper particles will be smaller than 10 um. Meaning that they readily cross into the blood stream, thereby travelling to all organs. These small particles go to the lungs, where they have access to the blood circulation.

That Is the primary function of the lungs. That is to act as a primary interface between our bodies and the outside world. This increases the risk of chronic cell mutation at any site in the body. These particles will carry with them whatever they are compounded with. Carcinogens, toxins or not. - See later.

SHAPE IS IMPORTANT:

What is increasingly, over the decades becoming acknowledged among the medical and scientific comunity, despite much industry and vested interest suppression, is that fibres of many substances not just asbestos, appear to have a far greater potential to cause cancer than particulates of other shapes, eg spherical.

WHAT IS PAPER? - A COMPOSITE, NONE THE LESS: PRIMARILY A FIBER!

Toilet paper, as does most paper, unless it is unbleached, non - dyed / inked / printed, and dioxin free. Contains by virtue of its manufacture other dangerous, proven carcinogens and or other substances that can pose issue to health.

These substaces are incorporated into the fibers that we breathe. There by allowing the active transport of them throughout our bodies. Bleaches inks and dyes are all well known carcingens as is dioxin all found in toilet paper. If you want to know what dioxin does to you Google: Dioxin, Ukrainian opposition leader Viktor Yushchenko. - An extreeme example. - None the less eventually proven, and true.

I am not trying to suggest that anyone should stop using bog roll. Or, that if you have used it for blowing your nose on occasion, that you will get cancer or ill. These issues are likley due to long term / chronic exposure.

Only that you should use it for its intended purpose, wiping your bum. Avoid breathing in the dust. Using it long term as I did to blow my nose, can cause problems. It hugeley exacerbated my hayfever / rihinitis, and induced / exacerbated my asthma. - Near instant reaction. In the season, Which is why I looked into it. In the season, I could often get through three or more toilet rolls or big boxes of tissues a day. If you don't belive any of the above Google it!

To blow my nose, I use proper tissues, - expensive, or as a cheaper alternative, Kithcen roll (what I use most, as I am a cheap skate ; ) ). Both appear to shed dramatically less fibers / dust.

On a humerous note, re the subject: Toilet Paper! Listen to this :

You Tube: The Macc Lads - Thinking In The Dark, Link: : If you are easily offended, or dont like swearing, dont Listen. They are arguably the most viley crude, totaly non PC band ever on earth. But they are bloody funny! From 1.33 mins, pertinent to thread - And Totally Cracks me up! : )

I'm Logging out! Bye ; )

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder matt v atos Novitiate matt v atos's Avatar

Cagger since : Jan 2013

My ex girlfriend was on the loo called out we have run out of toilet paper I grabbed a roll from the draw gave her one sheet off the roll the look on her face wonder why she is my ex now !

Basic Account Holder Zombe Novitiate

Cagger since : Jul 2008

Alternative to toilet paper! Use a fluffy pup like a certain loo roll manufacturer seems to hint at in their ads ; )

Ever wondered why Rhodesian Ridge Backs have that chocolatey stained strip of fur going the wrong way up their backs?

- Because Bog roll can be in short supply in parts of Africa ; )

Basic Account Holder biggeorge Informative biggeorge Informative

Get with the times people, Baby wipes are ace, 1 a pack 60 wipes (soft and strong) and only need 2 pieces loo roll to dry yourself.

Even cheaper get a bidet fitted and hardly ever buy loo roll again.

George

Gold Account Holder locutus Authoritative locutus Authoritative locutus Authoritative locutus Authoritative locutus Authoritative locutus Authoritative locutus Authoritative locutus Authoritative locutus Authoritative locutus Authoritative locutus Authoritative locutus's Avatar

Cagger since : Jun 2007

Baby wipes clog the sewer pipes, then you can land a hefty bill.

Zombe, I think the dogs you are thinking of is a "Rhodesian Brown Back"

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.
    to
    923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only 6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the C.A.G. Toolbar
    Follows
    Following

Your fingers go through the Baby Wipes (no that I've tried them like) I overheard someone saying it

Follows
    Following

Pfft. Who really needs toilet paper anyway....

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks
    Follows
    Following

renegade, wisn'ea you a overheard was it ???

Follows
    Following

Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation
    Nystagmite Authoritative Nystagmite Authoritative Nystagmite Authoritative Nystagmite Authoritative Nystagmite Authoritative Nystagmite Authoritative Nystagmite Authoritative Nystagmite Authoritative

Cagger since : Feb 2011

Quote Originally Posted by maroondevo52 View Post
    Your fingers go through the Baby Wipes (no that I've tried them like) I overheard someone saying it
    Can't say I've ever had this issue. But I've never bought the cheap ones. I buy whatever they have on offer.

With regards to clogging drains - I use nappy sacks and dispose of them in the bin.

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details