Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast
    Basic Account Holder TheDude1 Novitiate TheDude1's Avatar

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Apr 2009

Default Never buy toilet paper again!

just rob it from a public toilet

lol

I remember my mum saying this once when times were hard

Basic Account Holder Bang! Informative Bang! Informative Bang! Informative

Cagger since : Feb 2012

Default Re: Never buy toilet paper again!

Its under 20p a roll at Home Bargains!!!

Basic Account Holder TheDude1 Novitiate TheDude1's Avatar

Cagger since : Apr 2009

Will have to check out HM !!

I was reading an article on the basic standards of living costs, and apparently 1 roll per week per person is enough.

Thats 4 rolls a month per person.

Though I imagine most people buy more than that amount, esp if they go for an indian.
    The court needs to put this into consideration.

Basic Account Holder Bang! Informative Bang! Informative Bang! Informative

On the whole its good stuff too!!!

I think if you apply housing benefit legislation, you will find its 4.3333 rolls.

Joking aside - it was 3,59 for 18 rolls. I had bought it before and knew it was OK - so bought five 18 packs. Between two of us I doubt if it will last until March next year!

Basic Account Holder duckwaddler Novitiate duckwaddler's Avatar

Cagger since : Sep 2010

I have tried every single toilet paper going

And to be honest, I come to the same conclusion every time - it works out cheaper to buy the good stuff! The cheap stuff only lasts five minutes as you need to use loads of it, and there's not a great deal on the roll when you compare it to the good stuff - I found that Cushelle were the best, till that was I recently came across the latest one out buy Andrex, it's called "gorgeous comfort quilts" - it is so thick you only need a couple of sheets (seriously), so they last forever! (Well, maybe not forever - but they last a heck of a longer time than any other toilet roll I've ever used!).

And they're 12 rolls for 5.50

Life is like an echo, it all returns......The good, the bad, the false, the true......So if you give life the best you have, the best will come back to you.
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder icklepoyser Novitiate

Cagger since : May 2012

farm foods sell 9 rolls for 2.10 (4 if you buy 2 packs - 18 rolls) its 3 ply and gret quality - I only buy loo roill from there

Gold Account Holder locutus Authoritative locutus Authoritative locutus Authoritative locutus Authoritative locutus Authoritative locutus Authoritative locutus Authoritative locutus Authoritative locutus Authoritative locutus Authoritative locutus Authoritative locutus's Avatar

Cagger since : Jun 2007

Toilet roll needs to be less like John Wayne (tough on the whole, and doesn't take any crap off anyone) and more like Captain Kirk (soft, strong, and wipes out all Klingons from Uranus)

All big shops have "loss leaders" to draw you in there. It works out cheapest for me to go to 3 places to do my shopping. I'll have to pop in to Farmfoods and grab some of the toilet roll, I pop in there once a month to stock up my chest freezer.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.
    to
    923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only 6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the C.A.G. Toolbar
    Follows
    Following

Site Team maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52's Avatar

Cagger since : Jun 2006

Quote Originally Posted by locutus View Post
    I'll have to pop in to Farmfoods and grab some of the toilet roll, I pop in there once a month to stock up my chest freezer.
    No with the bog rolls, I hope !!!

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.
    If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert
    Follows
    Following

Gold Account Holder locutus Authoritative locutus Authoritative locutus Authoritative locutus Authoritative locutus Authoritative locutus Authoritative locutus Authoritative locutus Authoritative locutus Authoritative locutus Authoritative locutus Authoritative locutus's Avatar

You've not tried my "chilli con carne". You'd not argue with the toilet rolls being in the freezer if you had

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

to

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only 6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Follows
    Following

Site Team maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by locutus View Post
    You've not tried my "chilli con carne". You'd not argue with the toilet rolls being in the freezer if you had

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.
    If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert
    Follows
    Following

CFC bbrian Novitiate

Cagger since : Jun 2012

Its a necessity cant manage without it!!! but lol its a funny imagine just how much you could save!

Basic Account Holder thorntondog Novitiate

Cagger since : Mar 2011

Aldi toilet paper is ok and only 1.69 for 16 rolls,

Can you imagine in roman times sitting in the communal toilets and having a chat with the neigbours??

Site Team Ell-enn Highly authoritative Ell-enn Highly authoritative Ell-enn Highly authoritative Ell-enn Highly authoritative Ell-enn Highly authoritative Ell-enn Highly authoritative Ell-enn Highly authoritative Ell-enn Highly authoritative Ell-enn Highly authoritative Ell-enn Highly authoritative Ell-enn Highly authoritative Ell-enn's Avatar

Cagger since : Aug 2007

I've found the Co-op own brand is comparable to Andrex - I usually buy it when it's on offer and stock up till the next offer.

Help us to keep on helping
    Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder Lucky11 Novitiate

Cagger since : May 2011

Cushelle are a good brand; I wait for the 'sales' or when they go 'half-price' at the supermarket and stock up. We use toilet roll for everything, including wiping noses as it works out cheaper than face tissues, obviously from the pack and not the bathroom. I never buy paper towels either, just use toilet roll to mop up after someone has spilled tea for example.

Basic Account Holder Rohannah Novitiate

Cagger since : Jun 2012

Wilkinsons sell a brand called Regina the one with the flowers on lasts me the longest the Softis ones they sell are nice but don't go as far,if they are on offer I stockup

Old sandpaper sometimes comes in handy !!!

Follows
    Following

Quote Originally Posted by maroondevo52 View Post
    Old snadpaper sometimes comes in handy !!!
    It can be a little rough on the whole.

to

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder poplin599 Novitiate

Cagger since : Aug 2009

tesco own brand is also cheap!

Basic Account Holder katiecoffee Novitiate katiecoffee's Avatar

Cagger since : Aug 2012

I admit that I have snaffled a few freebie toilet rolls when times have been really rough. 1 roll per person per week in this house is a joke. My 5yr old is still in the 'shove the whole roll down the loo' stage.

Basic Account Holder Bedsit Bob Novitiate

Quote Originally Posted by Bang! View Post
    Its under 20p a roll at Home Bargains!!!
    It's cheaper than that at ALDI.

12 rolls of Blossom for about 1-60.

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details