• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Never buy toilet paper again!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2645 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Theyve got an offer on right now in B&M's. 3.99 for 24

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Theyve got an offer on right now in B&M's. 3.99 for 24

Bog Roll or KitKats :)

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

;)

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

• 4 weeks later...

***** SERIOUS HEALTH WARNING! ****

Using toilet tissue to blow your nose is not the cleverest thing to do health wise. I used to for years, and it can cause serious even fatal health issues.

Have you noticed the huge fine cloud of particles that become air bourne when you unroll and tear off bog roll? You probably wont notice it under normal lighting circumstances.

Everyone must have noticed it under bright sunlight. Or powerfull electric light. These particles we see with the naked eye, are only the larger ones. Their is real danger in the ones we cannot see with the naked eye. Especially those below 10 um in size.

What is the natural thing to do before one blows ones nose? Take a deep breath. Typically while holding tissue near face. Then blow nose. In so doing you are inhaling vast amounts of these air bourne particles / fibers.

Any one in the construction industry, or manufacturing (where dust is present ) will tell you that dust inhalation of any type, for any duration is strictly banned on health grounds. A Fairly recent thing, but for very good reason.

Not only is it potentially irritant, but any dust. Even seemingly benign dust can, through long term exposure potentially be carcinogenic, and or cause very debilitating, often fatal medical conditions. Including but not exclusivley: Asthma (and or exacerbation of pre existing), causation of mesothelioma, lung, esophageal, gastrointestinal, laryngeal, and pharyngeal cancers.

Typically, roughly half of many of the air bourne paper particles will be smaller than 10 um. Meaning that they readily cross into the blood stream, thereby travelling to all organs. These small particles go to the lungs, where they have access to the blood circulation.

That Is the primary function of the lungs. That is to act as a primary interface between our bodies and the outside world. This increases the risk of chronic cell mutation at any site in the body. These particles will carry with them whatever they are compounded with. Carcinogens, toxins or not. - See later.

SHAPE IS IMPORTANT:

What is increasingly, over the decades becoming acknowledged among the medical and scientific comunity, despite much industry and vested interest suppression, is that fibres of many substances not just asbestos, appear to have a far greater potential to cause cancer than particulates of other shapes, eg spherical.

WHAT IS PAPER? - A COMPOSITE, NONE THE LESS: PRIMARILY A FIBER!

Toilet paper, as does most paper, unless it is unbleached, non - dyed / inked / printed, and dioxin free. Contains by virtue of its manufacture other dangerous, proven carcinogens and or other substances that can pose issue to health.

These substaces are incorporated into the fibers that we breathe. There by allowing the active transport of them throughout our bodies. Bleaches inks and dyes are all well known carcingens as is dioxin all found in toilet paper. If you want to know what dioxin does to you Google: Dioxin, Ukrainian opposition leader Viktor Yushchenko. - An extreeme example. - None the less eventually proven, and true.

I am not trying to suggest that anyone should stop using bog roll. Or, that if you have used it for blowing your nose on occasion, that you will get cancer or ill. These issues are likley due to long term / chronic exposure.

Only that you should use it for its intended purpose, wiping your bum. Avoid breathing in the dust. Using it long term as I did to blow my nose, can cause problems. It hugeley exacerbated my hayfever / rihinitis, and induced / exacerbated my asthma. - Near instant reaction. In the season, Which is why I looked into it. In the season, I could often get through three or more toilet rolls or big boxes of tissues a day. If you don't belive any of the above Google it!

To blow my nose, I use proper tissues, - expensive, or as a cheaper alternative, Kithcen roll (what I use most, as I am a cheap skate ; ) ). Both appear to shed dramatically less fibers / dust.

On a humerous note, re the subject: Toilet Paper! Listen to this :

You Tube: The Macc Lads - Thinking In The Dark, Link:

: If you are easily offended, or dont like swearing, dont Listen. They are arguably the most viley crude, totaly non PC band ever on earth. But they are bloody funny! From 1.33 mins, pertinent to thread - And Totally Cracks me up! : )

I'm Logging out! Bye ; )

Edited by Zombe

Alternative to toilet paper! Use a fluffy pup like a certain loo roll manufacturer seems to hint at in their ads ; )

Ever wondered why Rhodesian Ridge Backs have that chocolatey stained strip of fur going the wrong way up their backs?

- Because Bog roll can be in short supply in parts of Africa ; )

Get with the times people, Baby wipes are ace, £1 a pack 60 wipes (soft and strong) and only need 2 pieces loo roll to dry yourself.

Even cheaper get a bidet fitted and hardly ever buy loo roll again.

George

Baby wipes clog the sewer pipes, then you can land a hefty bill.

Zombe, I think the dogs you are thinking of is a "Rhodesian Brown Back" :p

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Your fingers go through the Baby Wipes (no that I've tried them like) I overheard someone saying it :oops:

Pfft. Who really needs toilet paper anyway....

426063_296740277057794_398627079_n.jpg

renegade, wisn'ea you a overheard was it ??? :)

Your fingers go through the Baby Wipes (no that I've tried them like) I overheard someone saying it :oops:

Can't say I've ever had this issue. But I've never bought the cheap ones. I buy whatever they have on offer.

With regards to clogging drains - I use nappy sacks and dispose of them in the bin.

That poor rabbit is really in the crap now :razz:

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

• 1 month later...

I like Kleenex Triple Velvet but only buy it when it's on offer. Recently discovered Nicky toilet paper in Home Bargains at £2 for 9 rolls or £4 for 18 rolls. It's great, strong,smells nice, lasts OK etc. It was recently voted top for value in an episode of Superscrimpers when they tried it against a couple of supermarket basics plus Andrex. They said it's Waitrose who usually stock Nicky.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
Nicky supersoft, £1 for four!

Doesn't last long but still works out better than the stuff double the price

This is a cr*p thread !

The best toilet paper price and long lasting is the £1 for 4 rolls in Iceland. If you buy the Supersoft range, it appears cheap at £1 (sometimes for 6 rolls) in 99p stores, poundland, but it takes half a roll each time.

Another savings tip is the old fashioned way, use newspapers. Newspapers were always used for various types of cleaning. It does the job very well.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I use a shattaff, so much more hygenic but not to be connected to mains pressure (most are not designed for that and will leak). You don't want a surprise enema of 60psi up the Khyber Pass - dangerous, ok on water from your Loft tank.

Have you noticed a dearth of bidets, never see them offered as part of bathroom suites any more. I heard tell that when your average pretentious Brit family discovered they were not for washing your feet...................*&&%^$$£%$^%$^

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...