Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
    Basic Account Holder radmm0 Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Jan 2010

Default Re: New mains adaptor

Excellent news! Just as an extra important point; in future everyone should try and visit their local INDEPENDENT IT store to get things sorted BEFORE going anywhere near the big shops, as you definitely can't rely on ASDA, TESCO, PC WORLD or any other large retailer's staff to know anything about what they're selling, especially technology stuff!! Maplin's and J Lewis staff are sometimes a bit more capable, but even they are hit and miss.
    One other hint for you and all CAGgers is never have your battery in the laptop if you mainly use the laptop with the electricity cable, as it can tend to ruin the battery and shorten its life. A lot of our clients used to think the battery has to be in the laptop for it to work, with or without being connected to the electricity!
    Rgds.

Site Team caro has disabled reputation caro's Avatar

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Mar 2006
    Blog Entries

Default Re: New mains adaptor

Thanks for the hint radmm0.

I did go to a local independent first (not my usual one), but for a cheap adapter it was 30, or there was one for 50. PC World was also 50, and I was going to get one online when I thought about Asda because I was being impatient.

I've had my laptop quite a while and didn't want to spend much, because if I had to spend 50 I'd rather put that money towards a new one.

It is a shame that it's so difficult for independent traders to be competitive price wise, because undoubtedly they will know much more about what they're doing than sales assistants in the larger retailers. I'd rather go to them if I could, but I'm afraid price has to be a consideration for me, as it does for most. If I have a problem though, I always use a very good local company, and I have bought a part exchange off him in the past and will use them again. The young man started the company, and even had a shop at 14, but on this occasion I didn't go there as he's moved premises and isn't quite so handy for me. Lesson learned though because you're right about independents.

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.
    Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007
    Smile 1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received 1,000.50 14/7/06 + 20 30/7/06
    Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.
    Follows
    Following

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE