Did i pass my ESA Medical with Atos ?

shedder101
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4307 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

I will try to be brief,

I have been on ESA for 2 years, I originally had a medical and obtained 6 points this was doubled at appeal. Then I reapplied for ESA starting the process all over again, 2 weeks ago I had another Atos medical some 8 weeks over the 13 week assessment faze and 5 days ago had back pay and a letter saying a change in the benefit and one line mentioning work related support group.

I suffer from a very rare skin condition that makes it painful to stand, walk or grip, also very bad depression due to the pain I am in, my question is, have I passed my medical assessment? And what happens next?

Should I wait for more correspondence or contact them to find out how many points I obtained?

And help and advice in this mine field would be appreciated

:|

had my SD Set aside thanks to CAG

won with lowells thanks to CAG

dont ask me though these are the people to help:D

You can call the DWP office that pays your claim and ask for a copy of the ESA85 medical report. That will tell you how many points you scored and should let you see any comments the HCP made about you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

i managed to get them before they closed today. They dont know how many points i have or what happens next, i asked for the report he said do you want to appeal i said no just would like to see what was written about me and i can see how many points i got from it.

its in the post

Well done on getting your ESA.

Sorry to but in on your thread, but I to would be interested in seeing how they made my descision. I am in the support group and did not attend a medical just sent the form back. Will they send me anything. Also I forgot to make a copy of my form as i was so angry having to answer all their stupid questions, do you think they'll send me a copy? They did send me a copy of my DLA form when i asked but that was back in the 90s. I forgot to copy my wife's aswell but as she is now over 65 her DLA should be safe.

Hi

had the report today and i obtained 18 points.

however reading it my depression and some of the things i said in the interview tho listed at the start were ignored in the assessment.

i have had my condition 50+ years and will only ever get worse but according to the medical it can get better in 12 months and i should be back to norma.

not sure what to do now

1, say nothing to rock the boat, it has taken two medicals to get this far first medical was 6 points doubled at appeal, the extra was for my mental condition.

2, appeal as my mental condition was not taken into account to increase the points awarded

any advice would be appreciated

spoke to my doctor today saying i had 18 points, he has supported me all the way through, he had to laugh when i told him i was going to get well in 12 months.

he said not to worry about it

• 1 month later...

I had my medical yesterday, and the doctor didn't ask me to do anything.... they sent a taxi for me and one to go home in, when I was filling the form in originally I put that I could not walk for 50 yards, then I crossed that out and put it varies... I attended the medical on crutches and the doctor told me that if I had left the question as "no" then I wouldn't have had to go for the medical at all. it was enough to pass on paper... now... the question is ?? he seemed happy that I had enough of a disability not to work, but he said it was down to the decision maker... he also said that it was quite obvious because of my deformed joints that I was in pain too. should I keep my hopes up that I get put in the support group and won't have to keep bein assessed, or am I just as likely to fail completely as I have read some terrible outcomes on here.

Also... what's the difference in awards as reading an earlier post she had some back pay... I currently get £71 or near enough a week?