Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder Lady Lou Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Jan 2012

Default Won IS overpayment appeal but the DWP could appeal the decision??

Just wondered if anyone knew of this ever happening?

Royalties Account Holder BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative

Cagger since : Aug 2010

Default Re: Won IS overpayment appeal but the DWP could appeal the decision??

Technically the could appeal, but unless
    the over payment is very large I doubt it
    would be in the public interest.

Basic Account Holder Lady Lou Novitiate

Cagger since : Jan 2012

Thanks for confirming that Brig.

It was only a small amount, just took alot of fighting to prove they were wrong - DWP didn't send a rep to the appeal, so I wondered if they might try again. Judge said it was unlikely, but wanted me to be aware.

Let's just hope that my DLA appeal turns out positive too!

Royalties Account Holder BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative

Cagger since : Aug 2010

Good Luck.

Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation
    ErikaPNP Authoritative ErikaPNP Authoritative ErikaPNP Authoritative ErikaPNP Authoritative ErikaPNP Authoritative ErikaPNP Authoritative ErikaPNP Authoritative ErikaPNP Authoritative ErikaPNP Authoritative ErikaPNP Authoritative ErikaPNP Authoritative ErikaPNP's Avatar

Cagger since : May 2008

They can only appeal to the upper tier tribunal on a point of law. It is very rare that they do this.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.
    (exceptions for prior authorisation)

If my advice has been helpful, please show your gratitude by taking a moment to click on the star icon on the bottom strip of my post

download the CAG toolbar

Follows
    Following

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE