Hastings Direct sad and angry customer :( HELP!

paulakirby
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4365 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Im at my wits end someone please help me. I purchased my car in sept 2011 and 6 weeks ago was involved in a head on accident (fortunately no one hurt). My insureres Hastings Direct sent my car with cosmetic damage and broken power steering to the designated repairer (Nationwide). I rang the repairer several times explaining about the power steering and this was blatantly ignored. 12 days later the repairers stated the car was ready for delivery when i paid my excess of £200 but had not repaired the steering as they could find no fault. I refused to take delivery of it until they had checked properly. This was done the following day and lo and behold, the fault was found. The story should end there but alas, the repairers then said that the car had been involved in a previous accident prior to me purchasing it and the repair was not correctly done so the power steering could have broken at any point! My insurers then contacted me to say that the repairers had stated that they did not believe that the accident could cause power steering failure. Citroen garage then contacted my insurer for me to say that any damage to the front of the vehicle could actually cause the damage. My insurers then instructed an independent engineer to check the car and he has stated that he thought the previous bad repairs were the fault and therefore the insurance company will not pay out. My point is that the steering was brill prior to accident and didnt work after it. The repairers should have assessed this prior to completing minor cosmetic damage and they now want £200 excess before they will release my car to me still without power steering. What can I do? I dont want to pay to release my car that still remains broken and the insurers will want the courtesy car back leaving me with nothing :(

Hi PaulaKirby, I am sorry to hear that you are having problems, thank you very much for bringing this to our attention, if you would like to contact me directly I will be more than happy to help. Send me an email with your policy details and I will ensure that the appropriate team deals with your issue, [email protected] - Many Thanks, Jamie