Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder pam56 Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Mar 2012

Default Gardening Tips

Hi everyone. I am a keen gardener but fedup of paying ridiculous amounts at garden centres etc so now I save all toilet/kitchen rolls Cut toilet roll in 1/2 kitchen roll in 1/3's. Fill with seed compost (make sure you fill them on a flat surface lol) pack it well then plant a seed (collected from last years plant) and hey presto free containers. Then you can plant full thing without disturbing roots etc.
    Also made a fabulous scarecrow from old coke bottles and thee plastic large plants pots.

Basic Account Holder Bobcat2 Novitiate Bobcat2's Avatar

Cagger since
    Feb 2012
    I am in
    In a village in the countryside

Default Re: Gardening Tips

all dog owners please be advised if you have slug/snails do no let you dogs near them,they can kill your dog.More advice can be found by googling slug/snal and your dog.I have to watch my dog as he loves picking up sticks when out and about and of course they are sometime covered in slugs/snails.

Site Team honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13's Avatar

Cagger since
    Nov 2009
    I am in
    Pixie land.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat2 View Post
    all dog owners please be advised if you have slug/snails do no let you dogs near them,they can kill your dog.More advice can be found by googling slug/snal and your dog.I have to watch my dog as he loves picking up sticks when out and about and of course they are sometime covered in slugs/snails.
    I just heard about that from our vet, sounds nasty. She said there is a combined flea/lungworm treatment, I think it's a spot on, that you can use regularly if your dog is prone to eating slugs and snails.

Apparently this problem has been on the south coast for a while but is now spreading to other parts of the country.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running
    Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

IB/ESA Tribunal template successes [that I know about]:
    honeybee13 April 2008; brighton gal January 2010 ; cbbc May 2010 lee100 September 2010 HadEnough October 2010 nitelite February 2011 Pritti March 2011
    Nottingham1989 [with leemack] June 2011
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder Bobcat2 Novitiate Bobcat2's Avatar

Cagger since
    Feb 2012
    I am in
    In a village in the countryside

There is a tv and radio advert about it at the moment,well is in our area,not good but apparently if you get your dog to a vets quickly they can be saved

Basic Account Holder chiefengineer Informative chiefengineer Informative chiefengineer Informative

Cagger since
    Aug 2006
    I am in
    North Yorkshire

Quote Originally Posted by pam56 View Post
    Hi everyone. I am a keen gardener but fedup of paying ridiculous amounts at garden centres etc so now I save all toilet/kitchen rolls Cut toilet roll in 1/2 kitchen roll in 1/3's. Fill with seed compost (make sure you fill them on a flat surface lol) pack it well then plant a seed (collected from last years plant) and hey presto free containers. Then you can plant full thing without disturbing roots etc.
    Also made a fabulous scarecrow from old coke bottles and thee plastic large plants pots.
    Here's another little tip I learnt from my grandfather. If your soil isn't great, plant some spuds in it. Spuds self-fertilise the ground. Also, don't buy seed potatoes unless you really need to. I buy spuds by the sack. By the time I get to the bottom they are often starting to sprout. Just plant those.

Jeremy

Computer Problems? Give me a shout...
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder sophiaedward Novitiate

Cagger since
    Jul 2012

Is it really gonna work? Okay I will try and will let you know. I love gardening but some times when I don't see the results as I want to I think to give up.

Basic Account Holder The Novitiate

Cagger since
    Sep 2012
    I am in
    Manchester

Quote Originally Posted by sophiaedward View Post
    Is it really gonna work? Okay I will try and will let you know. I love gardening but some times when I don't see the results as I want to I think to give up.
    Ye, you just have to be patient. Thats the thing about gardening, sometimes it can be years until you see your results.

Banned shannonwells830 Novitiate

Cagger since
    Sep 2012

Thumbs up Re: Gardening Tips

Quote Originally Posted by chiefengineer View Post
    Here's another little tip I learnt from my grandfather. If your soil isn't great, plant some spuds in it. Spuds self-fertilise the ground. Also, don't buy seed potatoes unless you really need to. I buy spuds by the sack. By the time I get to the bottom they are often starting to sprout. Just plant those.
    Thanks for the tip. I might actually do that.

Basic Account Holder jonathansmith Novitiate

Cagger since
    Dec 2012

It's good to see that People are ware about gardening and crazy like me. Even I just love it and spend my maximum time in my garden. It gives me immense pleasure and satisfaction.

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE