Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder pudsey7 Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Feb 2009

Default RBS - Not very helpful

Hi,

I tried reclaiming bank charges under the financial hardship rule before the test case was complete. I have been fighting it ever since. I was claiming from 3 different banks at the same time and provided them all with the same information. The other 2 deemed me to be in financial hardship but RBSicon said that I stated my income incorrectly. They tried a few different letters to say that I wasn't in financial hardship until the test case ended and then said that due to the result of the case my charges would not be refunded.

They had also advised that while they looked at my case initally there would be no legal action on my loan which I had defaulted on but the next day they issued me with court papers, took me to court and now I have a CCJ against my name.

Around 90% of the loan which they took me to court over was PPIicon that I eventually got back after going to the fosicon. I went to the FOS about my bank charges also and they did not think that the charges should be refunded. RBS told the FOS that they were sympathetic to my financial situation because they had reduced payements on my loan when in fact they hadn't and I feel that with everything that happended they treated me unfairly.

The FOS now will not look at this again as they have issued there final decision which I wrote back to confirm I did not agree with.

I wrote to RBS to advise that I did not think I had been treated fairly and was now looking for compensation on how I had been treated basically so I could get charges back. They advised that as my account was closed they could not look into this.

I believe that my only option left would be to take this to a small claimsicon court but not sure that I have a case.

Has anyone got any advise they can give on this?

Thanks

Basic Account Holder pudsey7 Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Feb 2009

Default Re: RBS - Not very helpful

Bump

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE