Cost to get old penalty points removed from licence?

lisadp1970
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4382 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have penalty points on my licence which I can now apparently ask to be removed by the DVLA as they are over 4 years old.

Is there a cost for this (probably a stupid question as it's the DVLA) if so how much, as I really want them off my licence a.s.a.p to apply for jobs.

Thanks

Lisa

You need to go to a Post Office and get Form D1.

In Section 1 cross the box "To exchange my licence - To remove expired endorsement details"

I don't have a note of the Fee, but it appears on the notes attached to the form.

Complete the form and send it with the Licence to our valliant, efficient, public service heros in Swansea.

The current fee appears to be £20 according to this link http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/DriverLicensing/NeedANewOrUpdatedLicence/DG_4022089

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

lisadp if it just so happens that you may be moving house at the moment, (perhaps back into your parents address because you need to have your bathroom refitted?) then this change to your licence is free. When they issue the new licence (to your new address at your parents) the points will be removed as they can only put current points on the new licence.

When your nice new bathroom is finished in a couple of months, you would of course, want to update your licence again with your correct address. This change will again be free. :)