Bryan Carter CCJ - Very Worried

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4383 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi and thanks for reading this.

I suffer with depression and Aspergers syndrome, I have good and bad spells. Winter is usually quite tricky.

I don't really have a fixed abode, I often stay with my brother but I move around. I don't work since redundancy came along nearly 5 years ago. I'm nearly 50 and my nerves are not the best, the Aspergers seems to be getting worse and dealing with daily life feels increasingly uphill. I don't claim any benefits at all, some wealthy relations give me some pocket money in the form of an informal quarterly loan which just rolls up and will one day be offset against an inheritance (assuming I'm still above ground).

When I was made redundant I had a number of things on credit which I couldn't pay. I sold my house and everything I owned worth selling, paid off what I could and moved on. I ignored the letters that followed afterwards - my bank account is registered to my brothers address so after a while the letters started going there. They were just general threats, nothing happened and they gradually mostly stopped. I find the whole thing hard to approach and very frightening.

Two weeks ago I discovered that Arrow Global / Bryan Carter Solicitors have obtained a CCJ on 7th March, in the amount of £4,999 + £186 costs, and I have been ordered to pay Bryan Carter solicitors £50 per month by/starting 6th April.

I have no idea whether I actually owe this amount or anything at all to Arrow Global...I probably owe someone something that has eventually made it's way to Arrow Global, it's hard to say. I have no records and my memory has holes in it for chunks of time.

People with Aspergers often have trouble making decisions, and I am befuddled by the choices. I feel like I should belatedly try and get the Judement set aside so that I can ask for proof of what I do or do not owe, but my circumstances are odd to say the least and might seem odder to a court. I am also scared that this acknowledgement that I can be reached via an address will send a beacon flashing to other creditors' agents which re-igntes who knows what nasties sitting in the wings.

I could ignore the thing completely - it neither bothers me nor my brother whether baliffs turn up or not. I own nothing so what can they do, I don't even officially live there (or anywhere). But armed with a CCJ they could shut down my bank account which would be a major problem.

I could ask the court to amend the payment to a lower amount - but, again, explaining my circumstances or finances (basically I have no finances...but I still get some money), is tricky...or so it seems to me.

I could just try and pay £50 a month...but I would have to ask for more money (which obviously I am very loathe to do) and, surely then Arrow will just go around trying to gather up whatever other debts of mind they can find or take on and have a field day.

I've sat and thoughts about it for 2 weeks...if I don't get some advice I'll still be sat here at Christmas. But now time is short.

What on earth should I do?

Thank you,

Adrian

Hi Adrian,

Welcome to CAG these debts are not priorities at all, even if the lot of them

were to take you to court you have no income and sadly no permanent home.

If the worst happened and they pursue the court claims you are quite clearly

a vulnerable person with no traceable income they cannot have that that does

not exist.

Have you tried any of the charitable organisations in your area for help

with benefits and housing?

I see if anyone else here can offer any suggestions.

Coming to CAG Adrian you are not alone.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

carter cant shut your bank acount down so put that out your head.

as for bailiffs, its a civil debt so they cant be involve either.

if you knew nothing about the CCJ

get it set aside.

BC are a crafty lot, and i bet the debt is dodgy in the first place.

you ideally should check your CRA file

it will give you a good few pointers

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Is this a really old CCJ or a new one issued recently. Personally I would check first to see if there are any charges being added to the acount, late payment fees etc.. . if this is your debt that is.

Any PPI taken out on this debt?

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Two weeks ago I discovered that Arrow Global / Bryan Carter Solicitors have obtained a CCJ on 7th March, in the amount

of £4,999 + £186 costs, and I have been ordered to pay Bryan Carter solicitors £50 per month by/starting 6th April.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I just wondered if it was an old dormant CCJ and they have recenetly found Adrian. Claim back all charges and PPI if any.

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Hi thanks for writing. I am confused though, I went on a government site looking at the enforcement action that can be taken for ignoring a CCJ and one of the things they outline is that they can apply to have your bank account frozen and the money in it paid to the creditor - and the first you know of it is when you can no longer gain access to your account. I would like to understand how this is wrong as it is a significant worry to me, thanks.

Hello Adrian,

I think you need to get in contact with an agency such as National Debtline - We do have a couple of Nat Debt official reps on the site and your thread has been flagged for their attention.

If you would prefer not to wait then perhaps you might like to telephone them.. 0808 808 4000

This is the link to their website NATIONAL DEBTLINE you could also email them.

If you explain to them exactly what you have said in your first post - perhaps they could point you in the right direction.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Would your brother be able to help with any paper work - perhaps attempting to get the CCJ set aside and checking to see if there are any charges or PPI that could be reclaimed.

You need information from Credit reference agencies, and from the original creditors. I am assuming that as you have moved around then it is unlikely you have statements or letters tucked away somewhere ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

You could check to see when and where this CCJ was issued by searching trust online

http://www.trustonline.org.uk/ - it will cost you £2.00

BCOBS

I have no paperwork at all from before, and no longer have access to the bank a/c I used in those days. But there was never any PPI on anything I had as I was particular about that. The CCJ was issued at Northampton CCJ 7th March 2012, I have the letter N30 'Judgement for Claimant (in default)' and that's all with that date, 7th March, on it. If I try to set it aside then I assume I might have to attend a court to explain my situation which frightens the life out of me. I'll call the National Debt helpline later today as you suggest, makes sense. Thanks.

Hello aidrianbruce,

We're keen to help. If you've not already contact us please feel free to do so on the number that Citizen B has listed.

If you have already called and have spoken to an adviser how did you find the service?

Best wishes,

National Debtline.

For Free, Confidential and Independent advice: 0808 808 4000

Monday - Friday 9am to 9pm // Saturday 9.30am to 1pm // 24-hour voicemail. Please leave a message to request an information pack. http://www.nationaldebtline.org // http://www.mymoneysteps.org