Should I request a copy of my atos medical report?

Zarbafi
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4389 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was recently told I had been succesful in my application for ESA and was placed in the support group for a limited period which I was happy with. However I have been wondering if I should request a copy of my atos medical report (esa 85). Partly I am just curious but I also think it would be useful to have for my own records. Is it ok just to call up and ask for a copy or would it somehow make me look suspisous or go against me in future?

I always get a copy of my "medical" even when i "pass"

Well I just got off the phone with the dwp a minute ago and they wanted to know why I was requesting a copy if I was in the sg. I just said for my own records. I really hope it doesn't go against me in future. Too late now to undo.

No, it'll be fine. The DWP staff are just not used to people requesting the ESA85 when they pass the medical, and filling in the appropriate request forms is a bit of a pain for them to do (I know this from direct personal experience) so the person you spoke to was probably grumbling a bit. But that's what they're paid to do. You're entitled to see this report - the fact that you've actually exercised this right can't be held against you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

No, it'll be fine. The DWP staff are just not used to people requesting the ESA85 when they pass the medical, and filling in the appropriate request forms is a bit of a pain for them to do (I know this from direct personal experience) so the person you spoke to was probably grumbling a bit. But that's what they're paid to do. You're entitled to see this report - the fact that you've actually exercised this right can't be held against you.

Thanks Antone, thats made me feel a bit better! I just think it would be useful to have a copy of.

Can you post it online, Zarbafi? Many of us would like to know what a successful ATOSH 'medical' report looks like! :D

I think that might end up with me giving away a little too much personal information!

Well I will see what it looks like when it arrives, it is just a pretty personal document to have floating about the internet. That is partly why I wanted a copy from the DWP, just to know what information they now held about me.

I would be interesting in mine too, I was not in a good place when I filled out the ESA50 (I was awaiting angioplasty, and was having quite a lot of chest pains). In fact it was more scribbled out, don't even know how they read it. I did sort of relent a bit and put in a copy of my script, before sending it back. I think they got it back within a week of it being sent to me.

I didn't get called for any medical, got put in the support group. I would be interested how they decided this. I was told I would not be seen for 2 more years.

It's fairly easy to remember what I put in the form as I just told it as it was. It would just be interesting to find out how many points i got and what made them put me in the support group.

I also would be interested in my wife's DLA award.