Credit Files and DCA's

joeblogs
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4337 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello again

Well over the Easter I had a letter from Robway saying they were chasing a debt. I know for an absolute fact that any debts that I did have were last acknowleged/paid in 2004. I sent them a letter that Brigadier wrote for me in a previous thread i.e.

The Compliance Manager

Debt Collection

Dear Sir Or Madam.

With reference to your letter dated xxxxx regarding debts you allege are

owed by me, take note I do not acknowledge any debt to you or any company

you may claim to represent.

Furthermore I have by personal research and advice received concluded that

any such alleged debts are Statute Barred therefore I will not be making any

payment or offer of payment now or in the future.

You will therefore cease to process any data relating to me and remove it

from all your records how so ever held.

I am sure I do not have to remind you of the OFT Guidance On Debt Collection

2003/2011 and the pursute of Statute Barred debt an in particular the section

regarding the sale of statute barred debt without informaing the purchaser of the

status of the debt.

Send it recorded delivery.

Recently I received a reply from Robway and could do with your advice on what to do next please.

Dear J Blogs

Further to your recent letter, the contents of which are noted, we write to clarify our position.

Even if you were to demonstrate that this debt is statute barred it does not mean that the debt does not legally exist or that we are not entitled to ask for payment.

However we are prepared to offer you a substantial reduction with very favourable terms to clear your liability once and for all, and ask that you contact us to discuss this further.

Any advice folks? By the way, the letter did no appear to be a computer generated letter.

Thanks to you all.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The diccount shows it is SB Soooooooo

Dear Pratt,

Ref:xxxxxxxxx

I write inregard to your letter regarding the alleged debt for xxxxxx as stated

the debt is statute barred and I will not be making ant payment.

The OFT Guidance is clear and any further contact from you WILL be reported

to the OFT as harassment and I will take any neccessary action if you continue

this matter.

Furthermore it is not for me to prove this alleged debt is statute barred.

I await your confirmation that this matter is now close.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

What utter fools!

Robbersway just want to have the last word, like the little children they are, how ridiculously immature, I wouldn't hesitate to send the OFT a copy of that puerile missive, as for replying back to them, I (personally) wouldn't, and when they (or if) wrote again asking for payment, I would string them up, once they are informed it is SB they are unable to pursue it further, a second letter begging for payment would be all the proof you would need, and another nail in their coffin. What imbeciles, seriously? I would love them to start chasing me for one of my debts, then I would know I could rest on my laurels and sleep easy knowing the most inept incompetent circus outfit has the lemon.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

What utter fools!

Robbersway just want to have the last word, like the little children they are, how ridiculously immature, I wouldn't hesitate to send the OFT a copy of that puerile missive, as for replying back to them, I (personally) wouldn't, and when they (or if) wrote again asking for payment, I would string them up, once they are informed it is SB they are unable to pursue it further, a second letter begging for payment would be all the proof you would need, and another nail in their coffin. What imbeciles, seriously? I would love them to start chasing me for one of my debts, then I would know I could rest on my laurels and sleep easy knowing the most inept incompetent circus outfit has the lemon.

Hi Boo,

I refrained from using your superb put down response, perhaps I should have used it:madgrin:

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

I refrained from using your superb put down response, perhaps I should have used it:madgrin:

I had to water it down somewhat...:madgrin:

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Oh thanks so much Brigadier and Bazooka. So what shall I do?

1. Write as the Brigadier suggested or

2. Complain to OFT and send them a copy of Robway's letter (is there a template for complaining to OFT) or

3. Should I do nothing and wait to see if they send a second begging letter then complain and send them both off to OFT.

Your advice is invaulable, thanks so much.

Oh thanks so much Brigadier and Bazooka. So what shall I do?

1. Write as the Brigadier suggested or

2. Complain to OFT and send them a copy of Robway's letter (is there a template for complaining to OFT) or

3. Should I do nothing and wait to see if they send a second begging letter then complain and send them both off to OFT.

Your advice is invaulable, thanks so much.

do steps 1 and 2 also maybe complain to the ombudsman too an FSA complaint costs them money and they wont like that

Hi Brigadier

I have been on the OFT website and can only see a Complaint Form link for advisers or third party organisations. Is there a link for a Complain Form that I would be able to complete?

Thanks

Hi if you e-mail the OFT they will send you a form or you can type

out your complaint but it must be in a logical order of events leading

to your reason for the complaint.

Alternatively phone and get a form.

Please note the OFT does no respond to individuals but

a data is logged for use on licence renewalls etc.

Hi Brigadier

Many thanks for all your help. Is it difficult to involve the Ombudsman?

What I am considering doing is ignoring their recent letter, see if they write again (sure the will) then post on here to update you of the contents, then take them to town. What do you think?

FOS will expect you to have exhausted all the

complaints procedures of the creditor before

putting a case to them.

Robbers Way are really unable to push the stop button on their threatomatic machine - I fully believe it does not have this facility anyway.

The deluded debt industry 'believe' that they have a 'moral duty' to remind people that the alleged debt still exists and still needs to be paid - by offering a huge discount they are proving that they are hopeful you will fall for their stance and pay up out of guilt.

OK I understand now. So in your opinion, shall I respond now with your letter or wait?

Personally I would send the letter now otherwise this will go round in circles.

• 4 weeks later...
I think that there is a connection between people checking credit records and then receiving letters from DCA's out of the blue. It is possible that the credit reference agencies send out alert warnings that the credit record has been checked. The DCA's are then able to check these with their records and send chaser letters to the new address.

I don't know this for sure, but it is one heck of a coincidence that people get 'out of the blue' debt chasers shortly after checking credit records.

Exactly the same thing is happening to me. After checking my file with credit expert I have received three different DCA letters from different companies. Coincidence ? Hmmmm

Let's get some sense into the Checking personal CRA files

is not seen by anyone but bthe data subject, also the credit

file exists if you check it or not, it's one of the safest and

cheapest ways to make sure you are not caught out by default enrties,

keeping check on the dates when accounts are at or very near statute barred.

Most of these ''coincidences'' are because if a debt purchaser/DCA has acounts

in and individuals name that are of the above status they will check to see if there

is any chance of collecting the debt.

I agree there the mobile phone companies are

flogging data to anyone willing to pay.!!

I find it odd that callcredit are both a debt collector and also a credit reference agency

???? explain please.

http://www.callcredit.co.uk/

it seems they do debt collection then have a free credit reference agency my sister has a debt collection letter from them.

you cannot actually access noggle or whatever its called until you have proved who you are

it would seem they could have the ability to collect the data of who you are and then cross reference it with any debts on their database,