Credit Files and DCA's

joeblogs
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4337 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yet another question, can Red allege I've made a payment during the last 6 years, as reading the site, it appears that some DCA's make up this story. I know that no payment or acknowledgement has been made since 2004.

JB

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They can allege anything they like but would

need absolute proof of any payment.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

They would need Not only proof of payment, but also proof that it was made by you for it to have any effect

HTH (Hope This Helps) RDM2006

THE FORCE (OF CAG) IS WITH YOU

;)

We've Helped You To Claim - Now Help Us Remain

A live Site - Make a Donation

All advice and opinions given by people on this site are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

However, if you have found any advice you have been given helpful.

Why not show your gratitude And

Click the * on the post you found helpful.

The other day I posted a thread on here as I had 2 letters appear completely out of the blue for debts that are well statue barred from Red. A number of people advised me, and Brigadier compiled a 'statute' letter. I sent the letter by Recorded Delivery and it has been received by Red.

Today again out of the blue I receive this letter from Robinson Way, Salford, M50

Dear Joe Blogs

Previous Address: XXXXXXXXXX

For the purpose of validation, we believe that you used to live at the address noted above. It you are not that person, or you have any queries or concerns, please use the freephone number below to let us know so we can ensure our records are correct.

FREEPHONE NUMBER ETC

If you are the person named above, you may also use the number to contact us.

Yours faithfully

Correspondence Manager

Now as I said in my previous thread, I did have debts, but they are around 7-8 years since payment/acknowledgement.

What shall I do with this letter now received? Many thanks

JB

Ignore until there is a clear indication as to what they are chasing.

Don't get trapped into any phone coversations ever.

They are phising at the moment so don't bite.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Thanks Brigadier, I will wait and see what they come up with next. About 6 months ago I took out a contract with Vodafone now I am wondering if they have sold on my personal info.

JB

On that selling of your info by VF I do not know.

Typical phishing letter by some very grubby and desperate fools.

Ignore them completely, you are under NO legal obligation to reply or respond to ANY letters that are pushed through your letter box.... they have nothing, you owe nothing, they are wanting to make a quick buck, and the only people they make any money out of are those who are unfotunate to fal for their tricks...

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Typical phishing letter by some very grubby and desperate fools.

Ignore them completely, you are under NO legal obligation to reply or respond to ANY letters that are pushed through your letter box.... they have nothing, you owe nothing, they are wanting to make a quick buck, and the only people they make any money out of are those who are unfotunate to fal for their tricks...

could not have said it better myself thats why they are called robbers way

Thanks Brigadier, I will wait and see what they come up with next. About 6 months ago I took out a contract with Vodafone now I am wondering if they have sold on my personal info.

JB

Hi JB,

I can understand your concerns here but let me take this opportunity to reassure you that we would not have provided your personal information to this DCA.

If you'd like further information regarding our privacy policies please see our website here.

Thanks,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

Vodafone would have passed your personal info to Credit Reference Agencies when they carried out a credit check prior to your contract starting. I imagine Robbers Way obtained your details from the CRA not Vodafone.

The phone company (whichever) will have made an ID search.

What companies say and do are concerning, I don’t trust any of them, its all profit... only yesterday BBC watchdog announced the DVLA have sold driver details to private car parking companies. I DON’T TRUST THEM…..

Abbey Settled 3,600:cool:

Just started battle with

EGG

Virgin CC

Abbey

MBNA

Hello, I wonder if I can ask for somemore advice please. As already mentioned, I had some stature barred debts, last payment/acknowledgement 2004. Checked Credit File and none of the debts are showing. I am very worried that this company can add the debts back onto my Credit File.

After sending my letter to Red by Recorded Del, I have recently received a letter from Lowell Portfolio 1, the contents are as follows:

We thank you for your recent correspondence.

Please be advised that at the point of purchase of thesen debts Lowell Portfolio 1 Ltd became the data controller in accordance with the Data Protection Act. Consequently, as the legal owner of the debt Lowell Portfolio 1 Limited retains the right to process your personal data. Therefore Lowell Portfolio 1 Ltd are not prepared to cease processing your data in respect of the debt on the basis this is required for the performance of a contract to which you are a party.

We are now looking into your enquiry and will be in touch shortly with an answer.

We can't give you an exact date, as we may have to get information from other departments and outside companies. But we will get back to you as soon as we can.

Please do call us.

In the meantime, if you would like to talk to us about this or anything else, please do phone us here at Customer Services on the above number.

Of course I'm not going to call them, but what does all this mean and can they put the debts back onto my Credit File even though I know they are Statute Barred?

Many thanks for all your help.

JB

NO NO NO, this is Lowell posturing once a debt is SB it stays SB.

Send this to the Data Controller at Lowell.

Further to your letter dated xxxxx regarding xxxxxx

I do not acknowledge any debt to Lowell or any other

''trading style'' you may wish to use to confuse matters.

I have informed yoy that the alleged debt is statute barred

and I will not now or in the future be making any payment

or offer of payment now or in the future.

I am sure you are aware of the OFT Guidance on Statute Barred

Debt and I will consider any further contact from any company

of the Lowell Group to be harassment.

Therefore YOU WILL CEASE TO PROCESS ANY PERSONAL DATA

RELATING TO ME.

I shall report the conduct of the Lowell Group to the OFT and also

remind you of the OFT Guidance on the sale of statute Barred Debt

without informing the purchaser of the status of the debt.

Hello Brigadier

I sent the letter you drafted last night and put it in the post. This afternoon as sods law would have it, I received a letter from Lowells saying:-

Dear JB

Your account is now closed.

We have today reviewed your overdue account.

We have discovered that Section (5) of the Limitation Act 1980 now applies to your account (this relates to the amount of time passing between now and the time you incurred the debt) and we will no longer be asking you for payment.

We will not send you anymore letters and we have now closed your account with Lowell.

So big thanks to everyone, especially Brigadier.

JB

Good result JB, and with the new OFT guidance on the sale of SB debt

they'll have a job to off load it.

Brig.

Hello Brigadier

I sent the letter you drafted last night and put it in the post. This afternoon as sods law would have it, I received a letter from Lowells saying:-

Dear JB

Your account is now closed.

We have today reviewed your overdue account.

We have discovered that Section (5) of the Limitation Act 1980 now applies to your account (this relates to the amount of time passing between now and the time you incurred the debt) and we will no longer be asking you for payment.

We will not send you anymore letters and we have now closed your account with Lowell.

So big thanks to everyone, especially Brigadier.

JB

And are they ceasing/removing the information they have flooded your CRA file with ??

However, this is good news. Do keep that letter safe.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

And are they ceasing/removing the information they have flooded your CRA file with ??

However, this is good news. Do keep that letter safe.

It is in the letter JB has posted to them, required to cease processing

data and remove from records.

It is in the letter JB has posted to them, required to cease processing

data and remove from records.

Sorry Brig.. missed that:oops:

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Thanks to everyone for your input. I recently had a free 30 day trial with Experian and nothing was showing up on my Credit File. The trial has recently ended so I am unable to check, but up to the beginning of this week nothing was showing up.

Thanks again to you all.

Thanks to everyone for your input. I recently had a free 30 day trial with Experian and nothing was showing up on my Credit File. The trial has recently ended so I am unable to check, but up to the beginning of this week nothing was showing up.

Thanks again to you all.

i would not just check experian there are 2 other credit refrecing agencies where they could have posted thier grubbly little details make sure yo check call credit and equifax as well if nothing is on them 2 then your all clear