Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.
    joeblogs Informative joeblogs Informative joeblogs Informative joeblogs Informative

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : May 2008

Default Re: Now Robinson Way

Hi Brigadier

Many thanks for all your help. Is it difficult to involve the Ombudsmanicon?

What I am considering doing is ignoring their recent letter, see if they write again (sure the will) then post on here to update you of the contents, then take them to town. What do you think?

Royalties Account Holder BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative

Cagger since : Aug 2010

fosicon will expect you to have exhausted all the
    complaints procedures of the creditor before
    putting a case to them.

Basic Account Holder
    joeblogs Informative joeblogs Informative joeblogs Informative joeblogs Informative

OK I understand now. So in your opinion, shall I respond now with your letter or wait?

Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation
    sillygirl1 Authoritative sillygirl1 Authoritative sillygirl1 Authoritative sillygirl1 Authoritative sillygirl1 Authoritative sillygirl1 Authoritative sillygirl1 Authoritative sillygirl1 Authoritative sillygirl1 Authoritative sillygirl1 Authoritative sillygirl1 Authoritative sillygirl1's Avatar

Cagger since : Mar 2007

Robbers Way are really unable to push the stop button on their threatomatic machine - I fully believe it does not have this facility anyway.

The deluded debt industry 'believe' that they have a 'moral duty' to remind people that the alleged debt still exists and still needs to be paid - by offering a huge discount they are proving that they are hopeful you will fall for their stance and pay up out of guilt.

Royalties Account Holder BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative

Quote Originally Posted by joeblogs View Post
    OK I understand now. So in your opinion, shall I respond now with your letter or wait?
    Personally I would send the letter now otherwise this will go round in circles.

Basic Account Holder

Thanks Brigadier, the letter is now ready to go.

Thanks to everyone for helping me.

I will update you when I get a reply.

Basic Account Holder
    lulululu Novitiate

Cagger since : Apr 2012

Default Re: Red/lowell chasing Statute Barred debt ** SB status confirmed **

Quote Originally Posted by unclebulgaria67 View Post
    I think that there is a connection between people checking credit records and then receiving letters from DCAicon's out of the blue. It is possible that the credit reference agencies send out alert warnings that the credit record has been checked. The DCA's are then able to check these with their records and send chaser letters to the new address.

I don't know this for sure, but it is one heck of a coincidence that people get 'out of the blue' debt chasers shortly after checking credit records.
    Exactly the same thing is happening to me. After checking my file with credit expert I have received three different DCA letters from different companies. Coincidence ? Hmmmm

Let's get some sense into the Checking personal CRAicon files
    is not seen by anyone but bthe data subject, also the credit
    file exists if you check it or not, it's one of the safest and
    cheapest ways to make sure you are not caught out by default enrties,
    keeping check on the dates when accounts are at or very near statute barredicon.

Most of these ''coincidences'' are because if a debt purchaser/DCAicon has acounts
    in and individuals name that are of the above status they will check to see if there
    is any chance of collecting the debt.

Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation
    ScarletPimpernel Highly authoritative ScarletPimpernel Highly authoritative ScarletPimpernel Highly authoritative ScarletPimpernel Highly authoritative ScarletPimpernel Highly authoritative ScarletPimpernel Highly authoritative ScarletPimpernel Highly authoritative ScarletPimpernel Highly authoritative ScarletPimpernel Highly authoritative ScarletPimpernel Highly authoritative ScarletPimpernel Highly authoritative ScarletPimpernel's Avatar

Cagger since : Mar 2007

Address changes, on the other hand, do seem to trigger DCAicon interest, as I've noted when I've been posted and update my address with O2; it's always been followed by a flurry of DCA drivel.

I agree there the mobile phone companies are
    flogging data to anyone willing to pay.!!

Basic Account Holder
    mikedesign Novitiate

Cagger since : Jan 2007

I find it odd that callcredit are both a debt collectoricon and also a credit reference agency

Quote Originally Posted by mikedesign View Post
    I find it odd that callcredit are both a debt collectoricon and also a credit reference agency

???? explain please.

Basic Account Holder
    mikedesign Novitiate

Cagger since : Jan 2007

http://www.callcredit.co.uk/

it seems they do debt collectionicon then have a free credit reference agency my sister has a debt collection letter from them.

you cannot actually access noggle or whatever its called until you have proved who you are

it would seem they could have the ability to collect the data of who you are and then cross reference it with any debts on their database,

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details