Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
    Premium Royalties Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS's Avatar

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Aug 2010
    I am in
    In need of.......................

Default Re: Red Debt Collection/Statute Barred

Good result JB, and with the new OFT guidance on the sale of SB debt
    they'll have a job to off load it.

Brig.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.
    Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!
    Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder Halibutt Informative Halibutt Informative Halibutt Informative Halibutt Informative Halibutt's Avatar

Cagger since
    Jun 2010
    I am in
    ever decreasing circles....

Nice one Joeblogs. Congrats. Also great advice Brigadier.

Please note, I am not professionally qualified in legal matters. Should you have any doubts, you should contact a legal expert.
    However, I can and will help with matters regarding payroll as I am fully qualified.

If I've helped in any way, you're welcome to click on my "star" and thanks, but I gain the most satisfaction simply by helping/reassuring :O)

Follows
    Following

Site Team citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB's Avatar

Cagger since
    Dec 2007
    I am in
    Back of beyond

Quote Originally Posted by joeblogs View Post
    Hello Brigadier

I sent the letter you drafted last night and put it in the post. This afternoon as sods law would have it, I received a letter from Lowells saying:-

Dear JB

Your account is now closed.
    We have today reviewed your overdue account.

We have discovered that Section (5) of the limitation acticon 1980 now applies to your account (this relates to the amount of time passing between now and the time you incurred the debt) and we will no longer be asking you for payment.

We will not send you anymore letters and we have now closed your account with Lowell.

So big thanks to everyone, especially Brigadier.

JB
    And are they ceasing/removing the information they have flooded your CRA file with ??

However, this is good news. Do keep that letter safe.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running
    Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE
    2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries
    3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here
    4: Staying Calm About Debt Read Here
    5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you
    3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules
    4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly
    5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE
    Follows
    Following

Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS's Avatar

Cagger since
    Aug 2010
    I am in

Quote Originally Posted by citizenB View Post
    And are they ceasing/removing the information they have flooded your CRA file with ??

However, this is good news. Do keep that letter safe.
    It is in the letter JB has posted to them, required to cease processing
    data and remove from records.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.
    Follows
    Following

Site Team citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB's Avatar

Cagger since
    Dec 2007
    I am in
    Back of beyond

Quote Originally Posted by BRIGADIER2JCS View Post
    It is in the letter JB has posted to them, required to cease processing
    data and remove from records.

Sorry Brig.. missed that

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running
    Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE
    2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries
    3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here
    4: Staying Calm About Debt Read Here
    5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you
    3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules
    4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly
    5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder joeblogs Informative joeblogs Informative joeblogs Informative

Cagger since
    May 2008

Default Re: Red Debt Collection/Statute Barred ** SB status confirmed **

Thanks to everyone for your input. I recently had a free 30 day trial with Experian and nothing was showing up on my Credit File. The trial has recently ended so I am unable to check, but up to the beginning of this week nothing was showing up.

Thanks again to you all.

Basic Account Holder jobmid Novitiate

Cagger since
    Dec 2007

Quote Originally Posted by joeblogs View Post
    Thanks to everyone for your input. I recently had a free 30 day trial with Experian and nothing was showing up on my Credit File. The trial has recently ended so I am unable to check, but up to the beginning of this week nothing was showing up.

Thanks again to you all.
    i would not just check experian there are 2 other credit refrecing agencies where they could have posted thier grubbly little details make sure yo check call credit and equifax as well if nothing is on them 2 then your all clear

The Tally so far in order of appearince:
    Intrum JusticaNow gone from my life
    MetropolitionGone and had to repay me 500 pounds
    Red(Lowell)Case Closed
    Aktiv KapitalWas so sad yo say good bye. Parting is such sweet sorrow.
    MBNA No CCA No Debt You lost
    Follows
    Following

Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar

Cagger since
    Aug 2010
    I am in

IMO Call Credit (Noddle) fall well short of Experian and Equifax.

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder lulululu Novitiate

Cagger since
    Apr 2012

Quote Originally Posted by unclebulgaria67 View Post
    I think that there is a connection between people checking credit records and then receiving letters from DCAicon's out of the blue. It is possible that the credit reference agencies send out alert warnings that the credit record has been checked. The DCA's are then able to check these with their records and send chaser letters to the new address.

I don't know this for sure, but it is one heck of a coincidence that people get 'out of the blue' debt chasers shortly after checking credit records.
    Exactly the same thing is happening to me. After checking my file with credit expert I have received three different DCA letters from different companies. Coincidence ? Hmmmm

Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar

Cagger since
    Aug 2010
    I am in

Let's get some sense into the Checking personal CRA files
    is not seen by anyone but bthe data subject, also the credit
    file exists if you check it or not, it's one of the safest and
    cheapest ways to make sure you are not caught out by default enrties,
    keeping check on the dates when accounts are at or very near statute barredicon.

Most of these ''coincidences'' are because if a debt purchaser/DCAicon has acounts
    in and individuals name that are of the above status they will check to see if there
    is any chance of collecting the debt.

Follows
    Following

Site Team ScarletPimpernel Highly authoritative ScarletPimpernel Highly authoritative ScarletPimpernel Highly authoritative ScarletPimpernel Highly authoritative ScarletPimpernel Highly authoritative ScarletPimpernel Highly authoritative ScarletPimpernel Highly authoritative ScarletPimpernel Highly authoritative ScarletPimpernel Highly authoritative ScarletPimpernel Highly authoritative ScarletPimpernel Highly authoritative ScarletPimpernel's Avatar

Cagger since
    Mar 2007

Address changes, on the other hand, do seem to trigger DCAicon interesticon, as I've noted when I've been posted and update my address with O2; it's always been followed by a flurry of DCA drivel.

Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar

Cagger since
    Aug 2010
    I am in

I agree there the mobile phone companies are
    flogging data to anyone willing to pay.!!

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder mikedesign Novitiate

Cagger since
    Jan 2007

I find it odd that callcredit are both a debt collectoricon and also a credit reference agency

Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar

Cagger since
    Aug 2010
    I am in

Quote Originally Posted by mikedesign View Post
    I find it odd that callcredit are both a debt collectoricon and also a credit reference agency

???? explain please.

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder mikedesign Novitiate

Cagger since
    Jan 2007

http://www.callcredit.co.uk/

it seems they do debt collectionicon then have a free credit reference agency my sister has a debt collection letter from them.

you cannot actually access noggle or whatever its called until you have proved who you are

it would seem they could have the ability to collect the data of who you are and then cross reference it with any debts on their database,

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE