CSL playing silly buggers

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4388 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just wondering if someone has an apt reply for me to send to these clowns. First of all, after many attempts I finally got them to stop calling. Now, despite me sending them an email telling them they are not to visit my property, they have replied with the following:

"Credit Solutions Limited offers a door step collection service whereby field agents visit a property to discuss repayment of an outstanding amount. This is simply another option available to our customers to assist them in repaying their debts. In relation to field visits in subsection 2.12 of Office of Fair Tradings guidelines doorstep visits must give adequate notice of time and date of visit. The Armstrong v Sheppard (1959) case you quoted is dependent on each individual circumstance and only such order to refuse access can come from a court and not from the individual"

Blah, blah, blah. Now I know this is utter drivel. I am just wondering if someone has something far more witty that I can send back to them in reply to these fools.

They have also chosen to ignore my offer of payment and how I would like to pay. I'm guessing it's because I offered them £1 a month (which I am entitled to do as I am on benefits at the moment) and wanted their bank details so I could set a standing order up. Ho-hum.

Report them to the OFT, they are trying to confuse what is a straightforward case, you do not want them intruding in your home, they should back off.

I would go to Trading Standards as well... and maybe even your local MP might like to know how this company are abusing their position and the law.

Hi clemma

I send:

"I note your letter dated November xx 2011 that I received today and that I have filed and copied to regulatory authorities.

Both my dog and I have experience of doorsteppers and I have read your letter in full to my dog; whilst he would not normally respond to a disputed demand for £x he appears to be willing to make an exception in your case and should answer the door fully prepared; my dog is acting as my agent in this matter and all queries should be addressed to him c/o The Kennel at my usual address."

x

v

Hi clemma

my dog is acting as my agent in this matter and all queries should be addressed to him c/o The Kennel at my usual address."

don't be surprised if your next letter from them is addressed:

The Dog

c/o The Kennel

etc

it has been known

Ah that infamous line. I've shot a complaint off to the OFT and will send CSL another email telling them to shove it.....I have a cat who could be my agent, although people knocking at my door does tend to frighten him some what meaning they may not get a response from him. They are bumbling idiots (in my opinion).

Clemma,

If you are on benefits, then you should reduce your £1pm offer to £1p. In fact, I would just start paying them that regardless of what they think.

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

Hi guys

I couldn't remember who CSL were (I have so many card boxes full of billet douxs), and all I can quickly find is:

"Consumer Credit Act 1974 (the Act)

Complaint Against: Barclays Bank Plc t/a Barclaycard, Credit Solutions Limited & Power 2 Contact Ltd

Licence No: 005116, 300314 & 543806

I acknowledge your email, permission to disclose slip and attached documentation received on 4 February 2011, further to your earlier email, updating us about the problems you are still having with the above mentioned traders.

We will take into account the further information you have helpfully given us as we continue to monitor these traders fitness to hold credit licences.

Thank you once again for taking the time to write to us about this matter and giving us permission to disclose your complaint details."

To be fair to CSL and their 75p per letter solicitor, they buggered off quite quickly. There is no need to be frightened of these familiars.

x

v

Colleagues may notice that someone has p*ssed me off today :violin:

x

Edited by victoria_siempre
Forgot solcitor

That is negative MF

" In sooth, I know not why I am so sad: It wearies me; you say it wearies you; 4 But how I caught it, found it, or came by it, What stuff ’tis made of, whereof it is born, I am to learn; And such a want-wit sadness makes of me, 8 That I have much ado to know myself.

x

v

The b*stards are easily beaten

Oh Fred, how I would love to pay them 1p a month. Unfortunately they don't seem to want to give me any details so I can pay them. No giro slips, no standing order details. I am not going to do as they tell me and set up a DD. I'm no fool :) I'm also disinclined to pay by debit card through their website. I don't trust them :roll: I've asked again for their details and explained my proposal and reasons for such a small amount. I am doubtful of a reply. At least I can prove I asked. I love email.

mind you, you should never try arguing with an idiot like a DCA, they'll simply drag you down to their level and beat you through their much greater experience.

I could never be at their level. They are so far below me it would take me 2 lifetimes of serious sin to get close to where they are. DCA's are easily beaten. I have done it before, I will do it again. Their experience is through bullying people who do not know their rights, intimidating those with threats of anything from bailiffs to stealing and selling your soul. They want to keep sending me letters full of drivel, that's their call. They want to keep ignoring my proposals for payment, so be it. I will not, sorry CAN not be intimidated by DCA's. But thanks.

That is negative MF

May I suggest you take a step back, go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page, and type HUMOUR in the search box.

Not everything on this site is meant to be taken literally, though many people will testify to the pointlessness of attempting to reason or explain something to a DCA, as clemma last post shows..

Oh Fred, how I would love to pay them 1p a month. Unfortunately they don't seem to want to give me any details so I can pay them. No giro slips, no standing order details. I am not going to do as they tell me and set up a DD. I'm no fool :) I'm also disinclined to pay by debit card through their website. I don't trust them :roll: I've asked again for their details and explained my proposal and reasons for such a small amount. I am doubtful of a reply. At least I can prove I asked. I love email.

Clemma,

How are you paying them at the moment then? - or aren't you? I'm sure if you asked for a direct debit mandate you could then use the details to set up a standing order.

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

May I suggest you take a step back, go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page, and type HUMOUR in the search box.

Not everything on this site is meant to be taken literally, though many people will testify to the pointlessness of attempting to reason or explain something to a DCA, as clemma last post shows..

Yes indeed. I think you find that Victoria was being slightly sardonic. Your post was unnecessarily sarcastic to be honest, but I'll just sit back and enjoy the show from now on.

These are new, never before seen by me until I received a letter from Power2Contact telling me they were going to visit. Some Googling pointed me in the direction of CSL using Power2Contact as a "scary" guise. They have had nothing from me yet.

. I will not, sorry CAN not be intimidated by DCA's. But thanks.

at no point have I said you could or would be beaten, I simply made the point that trying to have an intelligent discussion with them was doomed to failure, as was trying to reason with them or expecting them to be reasonable. I'm sure you'll find a tactic that suits you, and as there appears to be a slight touchiness about this thread, I won't share the way I saw them off, because that would probably prompt criticisms and disagreements about it, so the best of luck to you.

This is the OH's debt and he does indeed owe the money. I have no qualms about that. They just have to realise that I will decide how much I will pay depending on what I can afford. They don't like that. People who know their rights are pretty much disliked by DCAs (one would expect). It's only for about £120, so not much anyway. I just found their attempt at trying to say they can visit me was laughable .

Sun Tzu said: 'If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles.'

Dear CSL

Please find enclosed a token payment of £x, which is the maximum I can afford.

Only a moron would fail to understand that it is pointless to demand more. I therefore look forward to your next letter.

Yours etc.