• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Welcome Finance say ppi claim is statute barred

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4394 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

i have been a member for a while and this site has helped me claim back 2 welcome ppi claims already for which i am thankful to the site and its members for giving me the guts to claim against this firm.

i still have 2 claims against welcome for a loan and a top up loan to pay the first one off they are now fully paid off however when i have gone back to welcome they were happy to repay 2 of the loans ppi but not the earlier 2 they said these are statute barred because 1 was taken out in 2001 and the other was taken out in 2002 with a final payment in 2003.

i completed the original sar in feb 2007 and got some information back however by september they had still not provided me all the information so i wrote to the FOS and they have said because welcome were not regulated at the time they would not be able to help. they said to write back to them as i may be able to persue a complaint through the FOS against the underwriter.

i have contacted welcome and they were not forthcoming with the underwriters name so it has taken me until now to find out who actually the underwriter is.

i would like to ask the forum what can i actually claim for as the ppi alone amounts to over £7000 that is with adding the 8% from the cag loan spreadsheet.

can i reclaim the following over the 2 loans from 2001/2002

Healthcare = £760.00

emergency homecare = £95.00

Mortgage indemnity fee = £946.00

your help in this matter would be greatly appreciated

I think i have all the information to move forward please let me know

pudsey2

Edited by citizenB
formatted for easier reading

Go back to the FOS and inform them that Welcome are not keeping their records properly, they should have this information for at least 7 years after the closure of the account for financial purposes, let alone reporting purposes.

The FOS may have records of their own whereby they can find out who the original broker was and then use their own schemes for paying you out.

Have moved thread to PPI forums :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I am not sure they can claim these are statute barred - I think the time starts from when you could reasonably have been aware the product was mis sold.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi

First off fos won't be able to help with the PPI part as it is the FSCS who are dealing with Welcome's PPI claims (It is Welcome staff in FSCS uniform)

There is no time limit as such on PPI claims so you should be after Welcome on this. The PPI was on their loan agreement, you paid them and they charged you the interest.

The MIF may be more difficult but the other insurances are claimable if they were mis-sold.

What paperwork have actually got for the loans that have not been upheld?

Oh and by the way, given the value of your PPI, the FSCS will pay out 90% of the value of claims.

To get a bit more information you could go and have a look at the FSCS website

Regards

ims

Hi all thank you for reponding at present i have all the statements on the four account that i held and the copies of all agreements that they have provided.

welcom have written letters telling me i am not elegible to claim back my ppi because they were not regilated at that time. i have complained to the fos that they are using stalling tactics and they are to invesigate further.

i have contact the direct group to get copies of the insurances however it appears that they are just generic forms and policy numbers so really no further forward apart from that i have already claimed through a third party for 2 of the agreements and been paid out ppi but not insurances or MIF so if succesfull i would like to go back to them and claim all the insurance back to. the welcome staff wcfs have said i cannot claim as they are looking at cases after the date they were instructed to do after 2003 i think.

can someone advise me on what to do next?

many thanks pudsey2

the FSCS aer dealing with all welcome claims

and certainly are coughing on claims of that age.

why are they wriggling?

you might have upset them by using a claims co.

which is really eating your profits here

do it yourself!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi

ok so its out of the time bracket that the FSCS are handling.

So you should now be thinking of taking on Welcome head on and that may involve you issuing in court if you want to get this money back. If issuing in court the onus of proof of mis-selling will be on you as the claimant.

First off you should prepare a spreadsheet of your claim amount....have a read of No.1 in my signature on how to do this and use the spreadsheet at the end.

You would then send Welcome a letter detailing your complaint and giving the reasons why the PPI was mis-sold and requiring them to make a refund. If they fail to do so or deny your claim then you would issue a Letter Before Action giving them another seven or fourteen days (whichever you feel comfortable with) and if they till don't cough, then you issue in court.

ims

Hi i have taken out the loans with a apr of 34.1% on 1 and 29.3 on the other they alo have different monthly intrest on which is 2.0% and 1.85% respectively does this have any effect on your speadsheet as the figure i have already calulated using a cag spreadsheet that takes in to account different interest rates?

also should i use the figure "insurance premiums advanced" from the statement that welcome sent me?

regards

pudsey2

Edited by pudsey2

you work out the PPI PCM

then use the SI spreadsheet

their int rate is included in the PPI PCM you calculate

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

link 1 below?

dx

and they

Hi DX thank you for the info can you tell me what i should be putting on the si sheet

is it the full amount of insurance premiums advanced to the account or is it just the monthly interest on each payment on loan 1

i had 1877.91 advanced on the apr of 34.1% and a monthly interest rate of 2.00 according to the finance form provided and on loan 2 1577.71 premiums advanced with an apr of 29.3% and a monthly intrest rate of 1.85% i am a bit confused at what i should be putting on the sheet do you have any examples or pointers at what i should be filing in

Many Thanks

pudsey2

sorry ims21 i have read through the documents and i am still none the wiser if i send you the form i have completed would you be so kind as to give it a look over to see if i am filling in correctly.

i have electronic copies with personal details blocked out? or if any member of the forum has done this in the past would they mind helping.

regards

pudsey2

Hi

You can post them up here in the forum, as you say MINUS ALL PERSONAL INFO AND IDENTIFIERS)

Use this method by dx100uk

scan the required letters/agreements/sheets

as a picture[jpg] file

remove all pers info inc barcodes etc using paint program

but leave all figures and dates.

goto one of the many free online pdf converter websites

it would be better to upload a multipage pdf

than many single ones

or if you have PDF as an installed printer drive use that

or use word and save as pdf

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

NB:you can set where it goes in the post by hitting insert inline.

then hit reply button

ims

looks like this is more interesting

you've had a rebate already

and its a rollover

but 96 mts blimey they saw you coming!

and its a asecured loan

and they've chagred a MIF

you cant put penalty fees and ppi reclaim on the same soc

they must each have their own

for each loan

workout what % the cash PPI price was of the whole loaan cash price

then apply that to your PCM

that will tell you what % of your PCM was PPI

then enter EVERY PCM payment of the PPI into the sheet for PPI.

use the SI sheet

for the charges use the CI sheet

and welcomes APR

dx

and they

thanks dx

i know they have charged me 2 x MIF for the rollover do i have to have seperate claims for them and how do i go about it because on the 2 ppi claims they have already paid out i paid £1760.00 in MIF's

and i have not even claimed those back. i think i will need a bit of guidance from the cag team here as i think i am a bit out of my depth.

regards

pudsey2

and they

dx is there any chance you can help me sort this mess out as i have to claim back the insurances off four different accounts and the ppi of 2 and the mifs of 4 accounts all at different rates i do have all the paperwork just need to sort out so i can either claim direct or go to court whichever is the easiest. or if you can reccomend one of the caggers to help?

one last thing can i claim back the acceptance fee's?

regards

pudsey2