Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
    Basic Account Holder pudsey2 Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Aug 2006

Cool Welcome Finance say ppi claim is statute barred

Hi
    i have been a member for a while and this site has helped me claim back 2 welcome PPIicon claims already for which i am thankful to the site and its members for giving me the guts to claim against this firm.

i still have 2 claims against welcome for a loan and a top up loan to pay the first one off they are now fully paid off however when i have gone back to welcome they were happy to repay 2 of the loans ppi but not the earlier 2 they said these are statute barredicon because 1 was taken out in 2001 and the other was taken out in 2002 with a final payment in 2003.

i completed the original SARicon in feb 2007 and got some information back however by september they had still not provided me all the information so i wrote to the fosicon and they have said because welcome were not regulated at the time they would not be able to help. they said to write back to them as i may be able to persue a complaint through the FOS against the underwriter.
    i have contacted welcome and they were not forthcoming with the underwriters name so it has taken me until now to find out who actually the underwriter is.

i would like to ask the forum what can i actually claim for as the ppi alone amounts to over 7000 that is with adding the 8% from the cag loan spreadsheet.

can i reclaim the following over the 2 loans from 2001/2002
    Healthcare = 760.00
    emergency homecare = 95.00
    mortgageicon indemnity fee = 946.00

your help in this matter would be greatly appreciated
    I think i have all the information to move forward please let me know

pudsey2

Follows
    Following

Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation
    sillygirl1 Authoritative sillygirl1 Authoritative sillygirl1 Authoritative sillygirl1 Authoritative sillygirl1 Authoritative sillygirl1 Authoritative sillygirl1 Authoritative sillygirl1 Authoritative sillygirl1 Authoritative sillygirl1 Authoritative sillygirl1 Authoritative sillygirl1's Avatar

Cagger since
    Mar 2007

Default Re: Welcome Finance say ppi claim is statute barred

Go back to the fosicon and inform them that Welcome are not keeping their records properly, they should have this information for at least 7 years after the closure of the account for financial purposes, let alone reporting purposes.

The FOS may have records of their own whereby they can find out who the original broker was and then use their own schemes for paying you out.

Site Team citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB's Avatar

Cagger since
    Dec 2007
    I am in
    Back of beyond

Have moved thread to PPIicon forums

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running
    Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE
    2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries
    3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here
    4: Staying Calm About Debt Read Here
    5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you
    3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules
    4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly
    5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE
    Follows
    Following

Site Team citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB's Avatar

Cagger since
    Dec 2007
    I am in
    Back of beyond

I am not sure they can claim these are statute barredicon - I think the time starts from when you could reasonably have been aware the product was mis sold.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running
    Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE
    2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries
    3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here
    4: Staying Calm About Debt Read Here
    5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you
    3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules
    4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly
    5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE
    Follows
    Following

Site Team The Consumer Action Group ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21's Avatar

Cagger since
    Feb 2011
    I am in
    excellent spirits

Hi

First off fosicon won't be able to help with the PPI part as it is the FSCS who are dealing with Welcome's PPI claims (It is Welcome staff in FSCS uniform)

There is no time limit as such on PPI claims so you should be after Welcome on this. The PPI was on their loan agreement, you paid them and they charged you the interesticon.

The MIF may be more difficult but the other insurances are claimable if they were mis-soldicon.

What paperwork have actually got for the loans that have not been upheld?

Oh and by the way, given the value of your PPI, the FSCS will pay out 90% of the value of claims.

To get a bit more information you could go and have a look at the FSCS website

Regards

ims

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here
    2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here
    3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here
    4. The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here
    5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here
    6. Staying Calm About Debt Read Here
    7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement? Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING
    EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    Aug 2006

Hi all thank you for reponding at present i have all the statements on the four account that i held and the copies of all agreements that they have provided.
    welcom have written letters telling me i am not elegible to claim back my PPIicon because they were not regilated at that time. i have complained to the fosicon that they are using stalling tactics and they are to invesigate further.
    i have contact the direct group to get copies of the insurances however it appears that they are just generic forms and policy numbers so really no further forward apart from that i have already claimed through a third party for 2 of the agreements and been paid out ppi but not insurances or MIF so if succesfull i would like to go back to them and claim all the insurance back to. the welcome staff wcfs have said i cannot claim as they are looking at cases after the date they were instructed to do after 2003 i think.
    can someone advise me on what to do next?

many thanks pudsey2

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Cagger since
    Dec 2006
    I am in
    a sort of fire-fighting role here. Hate HFC & their compulsory PPI ethos

the FSCS aer dealing with all welcome claims
    and certainly are coughing on claims of that age.

why are they wriggling?

you might have upset them by using a claims co.
    which is really eating your profits here

do it yourself!

dx

Credit Reference Agencies:Experian Equifax CallCredit noddle<<<<CRA FILE INFO IS HERE<<<<
    fed up with DCA's calling get a TRUECALL BOX!! - HERE
    Sort Your Debts Now - - here

Start Your Own Thread - HERE

3. Reclaim Loan, Credit Card, mortgage & CAtalogue Charges Read Here
    my views are my own...seek legal advice if ness
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by telephone
    - alert the siteteam IMMEDIATELY by hitting the black warning triangle on any message - Particularly if this results in a request to pay a fee to help you.

DX
    RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Site Team The Consumer Action Group ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21's Avatar

Cagger since
    Feb 2011
    I am in
    excellent spirits

Hi

ok so its out of the time bracket that the FSCS are handling.

So you should now be thinking of taking on Welcome head on and that may involve you issuing in court if you want to get this money back. If issuing in court the onus of proof of mis-sellingicon will be on you as the claimant.

First off you should prepare a spreadsheet of your claim amount....have a read of No.1 in my signatureicon on how to do this and use the spreadsheet at the end.

You would then send Welcome a letter detailing your complaint and giving the reasons why the PPI was mis-sold and requiring them to make a refund. If they fail to do so or deny your claim then you would issue a letter before actionicon giving them another seven or fourteen days (whichever you feel comfortable with) and if they till don't cough, then you issue in court.

ims

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    Aug 2006

Hi i have taken out the loans with a apr of 34.1% on 1 and 29.3 on the other they alo have different monthly intrest on which is 2.0% and 1.85% respectively does this have any effect on your speadsheet as the figure i have already calulated using a CAGicon spreadsheet that takes in to account different interesticon rates?
    also should i use the figure "insurance premiums advanced" from the statement that welcome sent me?

regards
    pudsey2

Follows
    Following

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Cagger since
    Dec 2006
    I am in

you work out the PPIicon PCM

then use the SI spreadsheet

their int rate is included in the PPI PCM you calculate

dx

Credit Reference Agencies:Experian Equifax CallCredit noddle<<<<CRA FILE INFO IS HERE<<<<

NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by telephone
    - alert the siteteam IMMEDIATELY by hitting the black warning triangle on any message - Particularly if this results in a request to pay a fee to help you.

DX
    RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    Aug 2006

dx100uk
    Re: Welcome Finance say PPIicon claim is statute barredicon

you work out the PPI PCM

then use the SI spreadsheet

their int rate is included in the PPI PCM you calculate

dx
    Do you have a link to this spreadsheet?

regards
    pudsey2

Cagger since
    Dec 2006
    I am in

link 1 below?

dx

DX
    RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    Aug 2006

Hi DX thank you for the info can you tell me what i should be putting on the si sheet
    is it the full amount of insurance premiums advanced to the account or is it just the monthly interesticon on each payment on loan 1

i had 1877.91 advanced on the apr of 34.1% and a monthly interest rate of 2.00 according to the finance form provided and on loan 2 1577.71 premiums advanced with an apr of 29.3% and a monthly intrest rate of 1.85% i am a bit confused at what i should be putting on the sheet do you have any examples or pointers at what i should be filing in

Many Thanks
    pudsey2

Cagger since
    Feb 2011
    I am in
    excellent spirits

Have you read the article that both dx and I have pointed you to?....it's all there

No 1 in either my or dx's signatures

ims

Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    Aug 2006

sorry ims21 i have read through the documents and i am still none the wiser if i send you the form i have completed would you be so kind as to give it a look over to see if i am filling in correctly.
    i have electronic copies with personal details blocked out? or if any member of the forum has done this in the past would they mind helping.

regards
    pudsey2

Cagger since
    Feb 2011
    I am in
    excellent spirits

Hi

You can post them up here in the forum, as you say MINUS ALL PERSONAL INFO AND IDENTIFIERS)

Use this method by dx100uk

scan the required letters/agreements/sheets
    as a picture[jpg] file
    remove all pers info inc barcodes etc using paint program
    but leave all figures and dates.

goto one of the many free online pdf converter websites
    it would be better to uploadicon a multipage pdf
    than many single ones
    or if you have PDF as an installed printer drive use that
    or use word and save as pdf
    open a new msg box here
    hit go advanced below the msg box
    hit manage attachments below that box
    hit the add files button on the top right
    hit select files, navigate to your file[s] on your pc
    hit upload files
    NB:you can set where it goes in the post by hitting insert inline.
    then hit reply button

ims

Follows
    Following

Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation
    sillygirl1 Authoritative sillygirl1 Authoritative sillygirl1 Authoritative sillygirl1 Authoritative sillygirl1 Authoritative sillygirl1 Authoritative sillygirl1 Authoritative sillygirl1 Authoritative sillygirl1 Authoritative sillygirl1 Authoritative sillygirl1 Authoritative sillygirl1's Avatar

Cagger since
    Mar 2007

Just a quick thought, if Welcome say it is statute barredicon and it is still on your credit record inform the ICOicon that they are misusing their powers in reporting this, do not keep correct records and are generally being obstructive.

Play them at their own game!

Cagger since
    Aug 2006

ims21 Here are the files as requestedwelcome file.pdf

Regards
    pudsey2

Cagger since
    Dec 2006
    I am in

looks like this is more interesting

you've had a rebate already

and its a rollover

but 96 mts blimey they saw you coming!

and its a asecured loan

and they've chagred a MIF

you cant put penalty fees and PPIicon reclaim on the same soc

they must each have their own

for each loan

workout what % the cash PPI price was of the whole loaan cash price

then apply that to your PCM

that will tell you what % of your PCM was PPI

then enter EVERY PCM payment of the PPI into the sheet for PPI.

use the SI sheet

for the charges use the CI sheet

and welcomes APR

dx

DX
    RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    Aug 2006

thanks dx
    i know they have charged me 2 x MIF for the rollover do i have to have seperate claims for them and how do i go about it because on the 2 PPIicon claims they have already paid out i paid 1760.00 in MIF's
    and i have not even claimed those back. i think i will need a bit of guidance from the CAGicon team here as i think i am a bit out of my depth.

regards
    pudsey2

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE