• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Speed Credit/Toothfairy/MCO/CIM who knows?? Harassment

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4359 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is to do with harassment from Speed Credit, and their f****** rude staff, I don't have any products with them, but I would dearly love for them to leave me alone. As such, I have no idea if this is the right place for this post, so I apologise in advance if this is the case.

On Thursday 8th March, after incessant text messages, emails and phone calls ('SECURIDY CHECK! SECURIDY CHECK'), I pressed '1' and asked the gentleman on the other end of the phone that they remove my details from thier database as I was not in any way interested in their products. I was told it would be 3 days for the calls & text messages to stop. I expressed my displeasure at this, and said that shouldn't be the case (I can see nowhere on the emails or on their website about HOW to unsubscribe, let alone that it takes 3 days, and that I did not wish to be bothered by them again.

On Friday morning, at just after 7am, I had a text message, another at around 12, followed by a phone call. I again said I wished for them to stop contacting me, and was told this time it would take 4 days rot his to happen, and 'just ignore the calls and text messages'. I again said no, do it now (surely they are able to access my 'file' (how they have a file I have no idea as I have never applied for anything with them), and delete my number - she hung up.

So I sent a polite email stating that they stop contacting me or I shall charge £25 for each phone call & text message I have to deal with (has worked in the past).

So from Friday - Monday I had no less than 25 phone calls & text messages.

I asked yesterday who their compliance officer was (their own website states they have one) and was given the name Simon Fitton, and was told he has no direct contact details, but to call 084 3381 3381 and ask for him.

So naturally, I did (I wanted his direct contact details, I am fully aware I need to have back up copies of everything, so would just email him my correspondence and ask that he sort it out.

Of course, Simon Fitton was 'unavailable', but I could email [email protected]. I pointed out that I already had don on 6 previous occasions, and had no reply. I was told by Simon Hilton that 'ALL our emails are replied to'. I was also told to use the website to email - I pointed out that I had done on 3 previous occasions and had no reply (repeat Simon Hilton). This Simon HIlton also refused to call me what I had asked him to, and insisted on calling me by my first name as 'he had given me his full name'. He also refused to let me speak to a manager.

So, I have been in touch with Barnet Trading Standards (as per their recorded telephone message), OFCOM, have registered on the TPS and am contacting the police to report them for harassment.

However, there is still a matter of the £625 they have racked up in administration fees since I emailed them and asked that they stop contacting me. Alas, they do not realise I am, if nothing else, persistant, and will happily pay the £25 to take them to small claims for it.

Does anyone have an email address of someone, or which snail mail address I should go for? I have managed to get a few through searching the various company numbers and credit license numbers. Or should I just send letters to all of them? As far as emailing goes, I have so far had little joy.

Am I being dumb in thinking that 25 text messages and phone calls, disrupting my weekend away when I CLEARLY requested they refrain from contacting me is harassment?!

So, Speedcredit? Toothfairy? CIM Technologies? HCO Capital (who as far as I can see, do not exist, but theor phone message tells me Speed Credit is a trading name of)? Or MCO Capital (who they say they are a trading name of on their website? The bank details are the same for Toothfairy & Speed Credit, however I am having difficulty making the link with the addresses...

Hi

Herein lies the problem.

Officially, MCO Capital and CIM Tech are separate companies and licenced with the OFT separately. In fact, CIM are the holding company of toothfairy but they also have their own CC Licence with the OFT under the name Web Processing (or something like that)

Confused yet?

Registered addy for MCO

SECOND FLOOR

11 PILGRIM STREET

LONDON

UNITED KINGDOM

EC4V 6RN

Registerd addy for CIM

15 LYNDHURST TERRACE

LONDON

UNITED KINGDOM

NW3 5QA

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

This is the thing, I don't know If I should go for the toothfairy route or the mco route. Or both! Being as their staff are so clueless, they are no help!!! And speed credit have a po box in warwickshire! They deliberately make it difficult to contact them. Very clever!

And here is another thing. You used Speedcredit (I assume) and Toothfairy are asking for the money. Speedcredit is not on Toothfairies OR CIMs licence so who do you actually owe as they cannot be the one.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

I don't owe anybody anything, I have no product with either of them!

However, on looking at the emails I got from Speed Credit, the link to 'complete my application' (I never made an application) goes to the Toothfairy website...!!

I've also just found that emailing either of the addresses on the toothfairy website results in an automated message saying to contact them through their website. How do these shysters manage to keep on trading?!

How do these shysters manage to keep on trading?!

They may not be. They both have requirements imposed by the OFT and this little escapade of theirs is another nail in their coffin

Fingers crossef!! It'll help at least I hope :/

I dread to imagine how they treat actual customers if they treat me - someone they appear to be trying to flog something to in this manner! Mind you, I really shouldn't be surprised!

• 4 weeks later...

I had to post this - received today. 9 times what I owe?? How can they get away with threats like this (I've already reported them to the FOS as I paid them back so 9x jack s*it is what they can have)

If there are insufficient funds in the account the payment might fail and all charges will IMMEDIATELY become due, ALL back dated interest, penalty fees will be charged.

Recovery Agents will be sent to all addresses we have on file for you in order to obtain payment. Should this also prove unsuccessful we will be l iaising with solicitors who will obtain a County Court Judgement against you. Once this is secured we will return with a Warrant of Execution from the County Court and certified Court Bailiffs to seize goods at 9 times the value of what you owe.

Send the letter from the library about harassment and the one about recovery agents calling at the door. Then file a full complaint with the OFT/FOS and send them copies of the complaint. Youll probably find them falling over backwards apologizing when they realize you wont be treated as a fool.

From the wording of their information, it looks like they are directly breaching OFT guidelines too in regards to threats/harassment and unwarranted charges.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi

Have another look at that letter (I assume it is one) just to allay my worries.

Should this also prove unsuccessful we will be l iaising with solicitors who will obtain a county courtlink3.gif Judgement against you. Once this is secured we will return with a Warrant of Execution from the County Court and certified Court bailiffslink3.gif to seizelink3.gif goods at 9 times the value of what you owe.

Is that word for word?

If so you could report them to the OFT and send a copy

For then to say 'will' is very unusual because they cannot say for sure that they 'will' win in court.

I'm going to highlight the post for the site team to ponder on.

Hi silverfox - it was an email and it was cut and pasted so yep its verbatim! :):-x

If i was to PM you an email address, would you mind forwarding it on so that the site team have a copy. You can delete your personal details

thanks :) I thought it unusual too - I fail to see how they 'will' get a ccj aginast me when I can provide evidence to the contrary. When I spoke my bank (to ensure they couldn't take any money), they said they were probably trying to frighten me - which probably would have worked if I wasn't aware of this site :) Thanks guys xx

They appear to have little or no regard for the OFT debt collection guidance rules that's for sure.

The email is very confrontational and intimidatory. What do they hope to gain by sending round the heavies to all addresses they have for you ??

They have no legal right to do that anyway.

I am assuming you have ensured that NO monies can be taken from your bank account!

I do so hope these are one of the companies that the OFT are investigating. I see you have contacted the FOS, but have you also put in a complaint to the OFT, copying them the email ??

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 2 weeks later...

I have just read your notes on harrassment I'm sorry I con't comment on your problem but I was delighted to find a harrassment letter to be sent to the harrasser. Santander made so many calls to my home by autophone and u had to press 1 to acknowledge your were that person I could'nt as it was my husband there were looking for! But with 15 to 20 calls per day I was forced to leave my home as I could'nt take anymore. I didn't know about harrassment rules until I found your site that it contravenes rules & regulations. They also stole money from my charity account forcing me into hardship as I then had to find the money for the charity, to pay for the loan my husband said by phone and wrote that he'd take full responsibility for as I wasn't well.. I wish I'd found this wonderful site before all the **** happened. THANK U SO MUCH It's given me a whole new fight to send them.