Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder junebug Novitiate junebug's Avatar

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Apr 2007

Default Speed Credit/Toothfairy/MCO/CIM who knows?? Harassment

This is to do with harassment from Speed Credit, and their f****** rude staff, I don't have any products with them, but I would dearly love for them to leave me alone. As such, I have no idea if this is the right place for this post, so I apologise in advance if this is the case.

On Thursday 8th March, after incessant text messages, emails and phone callsicon ('SECURIDY CHECK! SECURIDY CHECK'), I pressed '1' and asked the gentleman on the other end of the phone that they remove my details from thier database as I was not in any way interested in their products. I was told it would be 3 days for the calls & text messages to stop. I expressed my displeasure at this, and said that shouldn't be the case (I can see nowhere on the emails or on their website about HOW to unsubscribe, let alone that it takes 3 days, and that I did not wish to be bothered by them again.

On Friday morning, at just after 7am, I had a text message, another at around 12, followed by a phone call. I again said I wished for them to stop contacting me, and was told this time it would take 4 days rot his to happen, and 'just ignore the calls and text messages'. I again said no, do it now (surely they are able to access my 'file' (how they have a file I have no idea as I have never applied for anything with them), and delete my number - she hung up.

So I sent a polite email stating that they stop contacting me or I shall charge 25 for each phone call & text message I have to deal with (has worked in the past).

So from Friday - Monday I had no less than 25 phone callsicon & text messages.

I asked yesterday who their compliance officer was (their own website states they have one) and was given the name Simon Fitton, and was told he has no direct contact details, but to call 084 3381 3381 and ask for him.

So naturally, I did (I wanted his direct contact details, I am fully aware I need to have back up copies of everything, so would just email him my correspondence and ask that he sort it out.

Of course, Simon Fitton was 'unavailable', but I could email info@speedcredit.co.uk. I pointed out that I already had don on 6 previous occasions, and had no reply. I was told by Simon Hilton that 'ALL our emails are replied to'. I was also told to use the website to email - I pointed out that I had done on 3 previous occasions and had no reply (repeat Simon Hilton). This Simon HIlton also refused to call me what I had asked him to, and insisted on calling me by my first name as 'he had given me his full name'. He also refused to let me speak to a manager.

So, I have been in touch with Barnet Trading Standards (as per their recorded telephone message), OFCOM, have registered on the TPS and am contacting the police to report them for harassment.

However, there is still a matter of the 625 they have racked up in administration fees since I emailed them and asked that they stop contacting me. Alas, they do not realise I am, if nothing else, persistant, and will happily pay the 25 to take them to small claimsicon for it.

Does anyone have an email address of someone, or which snail mail address I should go for? I have managed to get a few through searching the various company numbers and credit license numbers. Or should I just send letters to all of them? As far as emailing goes, I have so far had little joy.

Am I being dumb in thinking that 25 text messages and phone callsicon, disrupting my weekend away when I CLEARLY requested they refrain from contacting me is harassment?!

So, Speedcredit? Toothfairy? CIM Technologies? HCO Capital (who as far as I can see, do not exist, but theor phone message tells me Speed Credit is a trading name of)? Or MCO Capital (who they say they are a trading name of on their website? The bank details are the same for Toothfairy & Speed Credit, however I am having difficulty making the link with the addresses...

Site Team silverfox1961 Authoritative silverfox1961 Authoritative silverfox1961 Authoritative silverfox1961 Authoritative silverfox1961 Authoritative silverfox1961 Authoritative silverfox1961 Authoritative silverfox1961 Authoritative silverfox1961 Authoritative silverfox1961 Authoritative silverfox1961 Authoritative silverfox1961's Avatar

Cagger since
    Oct 2008
    I am in
    carrot cruncher country

Default Re: Speed Credit/Toothfairy/MCO/CIM who knows?? Harassment

Hi
    Herein lies the problem.
    Officially, MCO Capital and CIM Tech are separate companies and licenced with the OFT separately. In fact, CIM are the holding company of toothfairy but they also have their own CC Licence with the OFT under the name Web Processing (or something like that)
    Confused yet?
    Registered addy for MCO
    SECOND FLOOR
    11 PILGRIM STREET
    LONDON
    UNITED KINGDOM
    EC4V 6RN

Registerd addy for CIM
    15 LYNDHURST TERRACE
    LONDON
    UNITED KINGDOM
    NW3 5QA

Cagger since
    Apr 2007

This is the thing, I don't know If I should go for the toothfairy route or the mco route. Or both! Being as their staff are so clueless, they are no help!!! And speed credit have a po box in warwickshire! They deliberately make it difficult to contact them. Very clever!

Site Team silverfox1961 Authoritative silverfox1961 Authoritative silverfox1961 Authoritative silverfox1961 Authoritative silverfox1961 Authoritative silverfox1961 Authoritative silverfox1961 Authoritative silverfox1961 Authoritative silverfox1961 Authoritative silverfox1961 Authoritative silverfox1961 Authoritative silverfox1961's Avatar

Cagger since
    Oct 2008
    I am in
    carrot cruncher country

And here is another thing. You used Speedcredit (I assume) and Toothfairy are asking for the money. Speedcredit is not on Toothfairies OR CIMs licence so who do you actually owe as they cannot be the one.

Cagger since
    Apr 2007

I don't owe anybody anything, I have no product with either of them!

However, on looking at the emails I got from Speed Credit, the link to 'complete my application' (I never made an application) goes to the Toothfairy website...!!

Cagger since
    Apr 2007

I've also just found that emailing either of the addresses on the toothfairy website results in an automated message saying to contact them through their website. How do these shysters manage to keep on trading?!

Cagger since
    Oct 2008
    I am in
    carrot cruncher country

How do these shysters manage to keep on trading?!
    They may not be. They both have requirements imposed by the OFT and this little escapade of theirs is another nail in their coffin

Cagger since
    Apr 2007

Fingers crossef!! It'll help at least I hope :/

I dread to imagine how they treat actual customers if they treat me - someone they appear to be trying to flog something to in this manner! Mind you, I really shouldn't be surprised!

Basic Account Holder gilbertgecko Novitiate

Cagger since
    Sep 2011

I had to post this - received today. 9 times what I owe?? How can they get away with threats like this (I've already reported them to the fosicon as I paid them back so 9x jack s*it is what they can have)

If there are insufficient funds in the account the payment might fail and all charges will IMMEDIATELY become due, ALL back dated interesticon, penalty fees will be charged.
    Recovery Agents will be sent to all addresses we have on file for you in order to obtain payment. Should this also prove unsuccessful we will be l iaising with solicitors who will obtain a county courticon Judgement against you. Once this is secured we will return with a Warrant of Execution from the County Court and certified Court Bailiffs to seize goods at 9 times the value of what you owe.

Royalties Gold Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp's Avatar

Cagger since
    Aug 2010
    I am in
    Chester

Send the letter from the libraryicon about harassment and the one about recovery agents calling at the door. Then file a full complaint with the OFT/fosicon and send them copies of the complaint. Youll probably find them falling over backwards apologizing when they realize you wont be treated as a fool.

From the wording of their information, it looks like they are directly breaching OFT guidelines too in regards to threats/harassment and unwarranted charges.

Cagger since
    Sep 2011

Thanks I've already made a complaint with the fosicon - I'll send the harrassment letter tomorrow!! Have a good easter

Cagger since
    Oct 2008
    I am in
    carrot cruncher country

Hi
    Have another look at that letter (I assume it is one) just to allay my worries.

Should this also prove unsuccessful we will be l iaising with solicitors who will obtain a county court Judgement against you. Once this is secured we will return with a Warrant of Execution from the County Court and certified Court bailiffs to seize goods at 9 times the value of what you owe.
    Is that word for word?
    If so you could report them to the OFT and send a copy

Cagger since
    Sep 2011

Hi silverfox - it was an email and it was cut and pasted so yep its verbatim!

Cagger since
    Oct 2008
    I am in
    carrot cruncher country

For then to say 'will' is very unusual because they cannot say for sure that they 'will' win in court.

I'm going to highlight the post for the site team to ponder on.

Cagger since
    Oct 2008
    I am in
    carrot cruncher country

Quote Originally Posted by gilbertgecko View Post
    Hi silverfox - it was an email and it was cut and pasted so yep its verbatim!
    If i was to PM you an email address, would you mind forwarding it on so that the site team have a copy. You can delete your personal details

Cagger since
    Sep 2011

thanks I thought it unusual too - I fail to see how they 'will' get a ccj aginast me when I can provide evidence to the contrary. When I spoke my bank (to ensure they couldn't take any money), they said they were probably trying to frighten me - which probably would have worked if I wasn't aware of this site Thanks guys xx

Cagger since
    Sep 2011

no problem silverfox - id be happy to!

Site Team citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB's Avatar

Cagger since
    Dec 2007
    I am in
    Back of beyond

They appear to have little or no regard for the OFT debt collectionicon guidance rules that's for sure.

The email is very confrontational and intimidatory. What do they hope to gain by sending round the heavies to all addresses they have for you ??

They have no legal right to do that anyway.

I am assuming you have ensured that NO monies can be taken from your bank account!

I do so hope these are one of the companies that the OFT are investigating. I see you have contacted the fosicon, but have you also put in a complaint to the OFT, copying them the email ??

Basic Account Holder nyvian Novitiate

Cagger since
    Apr 2012
    I am in
    Nnorthampton

I have just read your notes on harrassment I'm sorry I con't comment on your problem but I was delighted to find a harrassment letter to be sent to the harrasser. Santandericon made so many calls to my home by autophone and u had to press 1 to acknowledge your were that person I could'nt as it was my husband there were looking for! But with 15 to 20 calls per day I was forced to leave my home as I could'nt take anymore. I didn't know about harrassment rules until I found your site that it contravenes rules & regulations. They also stole money from my charity account forcing me into hardship as I then had to find the money for the charity, to pay for the loan my husband said by phone and wrote that he'd take full responsibility for as I wasn't well.. I wish I'd found this wonderful site before all the **** happened. THANK U SO MUCH It's given me a whole new fight to send them.

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE