Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast
    Basic Account Holder spots1 Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Sep 2011

Exclamation MBNA Credit Card Account SOLD!

Hi ...Have MBNAicon Credit Card that has been on dmp for 2 years with no probs and interesticon has been frozen.
    Recived letter yesterday from mbna advising that the outstanding balance has been purchased by Britannica Recoveries S.A.R.L - Mortlake and it will be serviced by Moorgate Loan Servicing Limited.

Enclosed with the mbna letter in same envelope is a letter from Moorgate advising that the outstanding balance will be administered by them and that this take place on the 12th March 2012 !

The account nos have all been changed as well !!!

So Britannica -Mortlake will be the data controller and Moorgate Servicing will be the administraters!

Conncerned that letters dated 5th March recieved on the 7th March 2012 which gives only 2 working days to act on anything ....has any one had dealings with this lot and should more notice be given with regards to the sale

Had statement from mbna last week so know exactly the amount owing but not sure now what to do regards future payments to them via our dmpicon and why have they changed the account nos

Site Team citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB's Avatar

Cagger since
    Dec 2007
    I am in
    Back of beyond

Default Re: MBNA Credit Card Account SOLD!

As you have a payment arrangement in place with MBNAicon, the new owners should be prepared to continue with this.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...ment-agreement

Have a read of the link above.

I dont think there is any incorrect in the way you have been advised of the NoA..

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running
    Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE
    2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries
    3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here
    4: Staying Calm About Debt Read Here
    5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you
    3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules
    4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly
    5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder bhoy1976 Novitiate

Cagger since
    Oct 2006

I too have an MBNAicon owned card and in a dmpicon for over 2 years. I recently made a F and F offer but no reply. The only activity I have seen was on my CCCS online account now showing MBNA as IDEM Capital. Nobody has written or called so I have written to IDEM.

Cagger since
    Sep 2011

Cheers citizenB
    Will sit and wait on the outcome of further letters / calls from Moorgate( if they ring they will get the old saying in writing only pal!) as none of the letters enclosed has a balance figure on it !
    It says that they will let our dmpicon company know but not taking chances on that would rather do that myself .
    Will continue paying via dmpicon hopefully they will not try and chance adding extras as they won`t get any

bhoy1976 ...sounds like your letter in the post ...keep us posted on your outcome . Looks like alot of trimming down being done end of year accounts and all that ! Good luck .

Cagger since
    Sep 2011

Right I have been trying to find info on ( see post 1 ) on the oft and fsa registers and atm have not been able to find anything
    Would some kind cagger with a little more clout help please all I have got are the names of the new owners of the debt a reg no of 3303780 ? PO Box no 16140 and two postcodes of B91 9HH & B91 3QE both come up with zilcht ! Im I looking in the wrong place !!!!

If they are not reg via any oft / fsa or other body then what to do please !

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    brokebutnotbeatn Informative brokebutnotbeatn Informative brokebutnotbeatn Informative brokebutnotbeatn Informative brokebutnotbeatn's Avatar

Cagger since
    May 2009
    I am in
    Surrey

I too have the same letters. Spots, it does not say they will let the dmpicon company know, it says you should do this (although the MBNAicon letter does say they will pass over all relevant details).

Successfully claimed back mis-sold PPI (Barclays Bank) 2009-10 (8500)
    Ran a paid-for DMP. Deeply respect those who self-manage a DMP; it is possible to do with the help of fellow CAGGERS
    Offered F&F to all my creditors. All closed out including a particularly intransigent and stubborn one - who eventually saw sense after 10 months of nonsense!
    Does not condone debt avoidance but violently disagrees with the antics of debt collectors and their behavior towards the ones trying to pay. I am a great believer in what goes around, comes around. Keep up the good fight!
    Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    Sep 2011

Yeh noticed that after the post silly me ....is your the same company as mine then that has the full harrassing rights
    Any thoughts on post 5 ?

Basic Account Holder huggy41 Highly informative huggy41 Highly informative huggy41 Highly informative huggy41 Highly informative huggy41 Highly informative huggy41 Highly informative huggy41's Avatar

Cagger since
    Sep 2008
    I am in
    Deep Doo Doo
    Blog Entries

here you go spots1.

http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/0d...47/compdetails

Previous Names:
    Date of change Previous Name
    19/05/2008 PARAGON AUTO LOANS LIMITED

PHOTOBUCKET TUTORIAL IS NOW DONE HERE IT IS
    Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    Sep 2011

Thanks for that huggy41 ...now forgive me but are they covered with oft /fsa guidlines as it don`t say on the link ?
    Should there be anything to worry about with them ?
    Can they collect ?

Sorry but getting in a bit of a state about this don`t want anything to go wrong after 2 years of bliss with MNBA being ok with everything >

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    brokebutnotbeatn Informative brokebutnotbeatn Informative brokebutnotbeatn Informative brokebutnotbeatn Informative brokebutnotbeatn's Avatar

Cagger since
    May 2009
    I am in
    Surrey

Agree with the 2 years of bliss with MNBA. My debt will be paid off in less than 2 years and they are getting a good wack of money. It winds me up that they can sell in these circumstances. We'll just have to see what comes out of the woodwork. The key will be making sure the debt goes down and getting annual statements. As neither letter confirms the balance or arrangements I suspect that it will become a bit of a shambles...

Ran a paid-for DMP. Deeply respect those who self-manage a DMP; it is possible to do with the help of fellow CAGGERS
    Offered F&F to all my creditors. All closed out including a particularly intransigent and stubborn one - who eventually saw sense after 10 months of nonsense!
    Does not condone debt avoidance but violently disagrees with the antics of debt collectors and their behavior towards the ones trying to pay. I am a great believer in what goes around, comes around. Keep up the good fight!
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder twoman Novitiate

Cagger since
    May 2010
    I am in
    somewhere close to you!

Hi Moorgate are part of Paragon.
    They have offices in Herbert Road Solihull and Highlands Road,Shirley,Solihull.

Cagger since
    Sep 2011

Agree brokenbutnotbeatn...we have the last statement from MBNAicon so know the exact amount we owe and regular payment through payplan will continue for the moment ...willbe keeping a very watchful eye out on the reduction as interesticon was frozen ...We will pull the plug if the balance falters in any way ! Hope that your interest was frozen by them as thay were the best of the creditors out of all of them to do this
    Thanks twoman for that ...I take it that Paragon are still trading in credit then and that they are covered by their licence !

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution

Cagger since
    May 2009
    I am in
    Surrey

Hi Spots. Interst frozen by everyone (6 creditors) apart from halifaxicon who reduced it. I am surprised at the sale as MBNAicon have just continued with statments, played 'nicely' and consequently will get all of their money. As I had been with them for a long time, they've had their interst off me in bucket loads already. I guess its a length of time thing. I've had my dmpicon for 3 years now.

Follows
    Following

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    victoria_siempre Highly informative victoria_siempre Highly informative victoria_siempre Highly informative victoria_siempre Highly informative victoria_siempre Highly informative victoria_siempre Highly informative victoria_siempre's Avatar

Cagger since
    Aug 2010

Hi guys

The following thread indicates my experience of and stance to the latest bandits:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...old-on-to-Idem

x

v

Cagger since
    May 2010
    I am in
    somewhere close to you!

Spots,
    Absolutely,they are one of the biggest employers in Shirley and have been aggressively advertising jobs lately.

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    victoria_siempre Highly informative victoria_siempre Highly informative victoria_siempre Highly informative victoria_siempre Highly informative victoria_siempre Highly informative victoria_siempre Highly informative victoria_siempre's Avatar

Cagger since
    Aug 2010

And for a reminder see

http://www.birminghammail.net/news/s...7319-20140011/

All great events occur twice, the first as tragedy the second as farce.

x

v

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution

Cagger since
    May 2009
    I am in
    Surrey

Hi Vic, thanks for this. I hope those poor souls who have lost/are losing their jobs don't have any credit...it would be such a shame for them to experience a chance of circumstance and find they can't pay it back would it not? Also I guess with poor credit they would not be able to find a job in the industry and it is so very difficult to change industry these days. I am a great believer in 'what goes around, comes around'. I am, I am ashamed to say, hoping that the parisites who plagued me with calls 7 days a week when my circumstances changed get it in bucket loads with a pretty cherry on the top. Oh dear, I do sound bitter, don't I? x

Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    May 2010
    I am in
    somewhere close to you!

that picture is their Solihull office.

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution

Cagger since
    Aug 2010

Hi bbnb

Bitterness causes poison in the brain and I suppose the parable of the Pharisee is apposite. Intellectually, I tend to forgiveness because they, like us, are mere victims of a system (I went to see a production of the Ragged Trousered Philanthropists recently and was intrigued by the ‘Great Money Trick’).

However, social reality creates consciousness so emotionally I hate the b*sterds.

x

v

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution

Cagger since
    May 2009
    I am in
    Surrey

We all have free choice within the contraints of circumstance. So whilst I forgive them I nevertheless still hopes it drops on them from a great height

Follows
    Following

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE