Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder woody1066 Novitiate woody1066 Novitiate woody1066's Avatar

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Jul 2008

Default Muck Hall threats on old HFC debt

I have just received a threatogram from Muck Hall with regards to a very old HFC debt. I am fairly convinced that this debt is staute barred but need to know how to find out if it is.

How do I go about finding this out? I am currrently unemployed and do not receive any benefit so I dont really want to be paying for SARicon's

Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation
    unclebulgaria67 Authoritative unclebulgaria67 Authoritative unclebulgaria67 Authoritative unclebulgaria67 Authoritative unclebulgaria67 Authoritative unclebulgaria67 Authoritative unclebulgaria67 Authoritative unclebulgaria67 Authoritative unclebulgaria67 Authoritative unclebulgaria67 Authoritative unclebulgaria67 Authoritative unclebulgaria67's Avatar

Cagger since
    Feb 2010

Default Re: Muck Hall threats

Why not just send them the statute barredicon letter and it is then up to Mucky to prove otherwise. Unless Mucky have proof that it is not SB'd, per OFT rules, they have to stop contacting you. This way Mucky provide the relevant info at their cost and not yours. If they come back with details of payment within 6 years, then you would submit a CCA Requesticon.

I would do this and just get proof of sending the letter from the post office. I would not bother sending recorded or sending them a CCA or SARicon request.

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Cagger since
    Dec 2006
    I am in
    a sort of fire-fighting role here. Hate HFC & their compulsory PPI ethos

or check you credit ref file
    checkmyfile site

dx

Credit Reference Agencies:Experian Equifax CallCredit noddle<<<<CRA FILE INFO IS HERE<<<<
    fed up with DCA's calling get a TRUECALL BOX!! - HERE
    Sort Your Debts Now - - here

Start Your Own Thread - HERE

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here
    2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here
    3. Reclaim Loan, Credit Card, mortgage & CAtalogue Charges Read Here
    my views are my own...seek legal advice if ness
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by telephone
    - alert the siteteam IMMEDIATELY by hitting the black warning triangle on any message - Particularly if this results in a request to pay a fee to help you.

DX
    RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    victoria_siempre Highly informative victoria_siempre Highly informative victoria_siempre Highly informative victoria_siempre Highly informative victoria_siempre Highly informative victoria_siempre Highly informative victoria_siempre's Avatar

Cagger since
    Aug 2010

Hi dx

As an aside, Experian works OK, Equifax wanted a copy of my passport and an additional 1.60 to post it (nice chap from the Philippines call centre) and CallCredit on-line reject my Visa debit card. I am pursuing paper requests but just thought you might be interested.

x

v

Cagger since
    Jul 2008

I have checked my credit file and it doesnt show on there at all. statute barredicon letter on its way. Will keep you informed of any developments

Basic Account Holder theratboy Novitiate theratboy's Avatar

Cagger since
    May 2008
    I am in
    North Yorkshire

Default Re: Muck Hall threats on old HFC debt

I have got rid of Mackenzie Hall twice when they have been sending threat-o-grams regarding statute barredicon debts. I just emailed them as i didn't think they were worth a stamp and got this as a reply. Easy and i have heard no more from them or anyone for that matter.

Please be advised that this file has now been closed and returned to our client for their further consideration. Mackenzie Hall shall act no further in this matter.

Cagger since
    Jul 2008

They have written back stating that it is not statute barredicon but give no further details. What is the next step?

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    victoria_siempre Highly informative victoria_siempre Highly informative victoria_siempre Highly informative victoria_siempre Highly informative victoria_siempre Highly informative victoria_siempre Highly informative victoria_siempre's Avatar

Cagger since
    Aug 2010

Hi woody

Always answer a question with a question in a double negative.

I should be grateful if you would provide in writing why you would believe that which I believe to be true is not in fact true.

x

v

Follows
    Following

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Cagger since
    Dec 2006
    I am in

its for them to prove its not sb'ed
    not for you to prove it IS

dx

Credit Reference Agencies:Experian Equifax CallCredit noddle<<<<CRA FILE INFO IS HERE<<<<

NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by telephone
    - alert the siteteam IMMEDIATELY by hitting the black warning triangle on any message - Particularly if this results in a request to pay a fee to help you.

DX
    RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution

Cagger since
    Aug 2010

Quite dx

I was probably being overly polite.

x

v

Cagger since
    Jul 2008

So what do i do?

Cagger since
    Dec 2006
    I am in

nothing

dx

DX
    RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    Jul 2008

Consider it done

Cagger since
    Jul 2008

They have left messages on my answerphone ordering me to contact them

Cagger since
    Dec 2006
    I am in

ordering?

they've got no powers to even order a takeaway
    let alone make a member of the public cough up

dx

DX
    RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE