Restorative Justice and Enhanced CRB Disclosure

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4412 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can someone tell me please if a restorative justice matter will show up on an enhanced CRB disclosure?

I had to write a letter of apology after I was reported to the police for giving a dog owner a piece of my mind, even though it was a result of their dog lunging (barking and snarling) on it's lead at me and my dog, scaring the living daylights out of me. I had to go to the police station to discuss the incident as the dog owner had felt threatened by me. I wasn't charged but was told it would lay on my local police file.

I'm about to fill out a disclosure for an enhanced CRB for a new job (but with the same employer). As well as the CRB, I have to complete a declaration form which includes answering Yes or No to the following statement to which I think the restorative justice matter might be relevant:

"do you know of any other matters in your background which might cause your reliability or suitability for employment to be called into question?"

Should I answer 'Yes' and provide the details, or not?

I hope someone can advise. Thanks.

Northern Lassie

Did you sign any police documents eg ''community caution''

which is used in cases like this.?

You may be better just ringing they CRB and ask them.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

No, not that I can recall. Both parties had to sign to say we would stay clear of each other when out with our dogs. Would it be appropriate for me to contact CRB?

Yes quite acceptable all you are doing is asking

for information, you need not go into any details

as to why you wan't to know, I don't personally

think it will show, there have been many changes

on what and what isn't reported, alternatively call

your local police they should have the info.

• Confused 2

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I've phoned my local police station and they tell me I don't need to disclose the matter. Thank you ever so much Brigadier2jcs for your sound advice! Double clicking your star :)

You need to double check. My 14 year old son was given such an order for a playground push (yes, you heard that correctly). He was given a level 1 Restorative Order and the officers told us it would not go on his CRB check as he wants to join the Armed Forces. The Police called at 11:30pm in the evening and threatened to arrest him, take his DNA and chuck him in a cell OR he could take the restorative order. The school tried in vein to stop the process earlier that day saying it was nothing. However, the other parent has a right to request such action.

My son as now stopped attending outdoor activity's such as scouts, army cadets. He believes honesty doesn't pay (he admitted to the crime of the century and signed a statement to the school) and his respect for the Police is zero. A quiet lad with a bright future and career in front of him who as never even stole a sweet with an unblemished school record as now gone down from A grades to F's.

We have two relatives in the Met and he wont even look at them or talk to them anymore.

We've since found out that ALL restoritive orders will show on a CRB check.

Sussex Police appear to be the only force that mentions this on their website :

http://www.sussex.police.uk/advice-and-support/community-resolution/community-resolution-faqs/

Will community resolutions be disclosable? (aka Restorative Order)

Community resolutions are disclosable when an enhanced CRB check takes place and previous community resolutions must be included as part of the defendant's offending history when seeking charging decisions from the Crown Prosecution Service. Additionally, community resolutions can form part of Bad Character evidence

Edited by HellenMellon
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just to update on this. After much soul searching, I gave my new employer details of the Restorative Justice matter; glad to say they weren't phased by it but I was glad I came clean with it before the disclosure came back. As it turned out, the enhanced disclosure didn't show it; all sections showed 'None Recorded'. Relieved is an understatement. If there's anything I've learned from this (as old as I am) is don't be an idot in the first place to get an RJ. Secondly, if it is likely to raise it's ugly head on a CRB, be upfront and spill the beans. It was humiliating but your new employer will think more of you.