Convited of HB fraud - Council have used incorrect figures

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4446 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Would appreciate some advice please.

My local authority have taken me to court on the basis of failur to notify a change of circumstances & obtaining an overpayment of housing benefit, i was found guilty & sentenced to community payback & fined. I have appealed this, as it is incorrect, i never needed to notify them as the person they say was living with me was not. Their conviction was based on letters & bank accounts etc being at my address.

I have recently sat down & gone through the numbers they have used, they are trying to reclaim around £10k, however the date that they used in the court conviction that this person vacated my address, they have not included in the recalculation & they have stated that i do not have an ongoing entitlement to HB, however if they had calculated this without this other wage included (after the date threy claim he'd moved out) i would have an ongoing entitlement of around £70 per week, plus they would owe me around £3000 from the date they stopped my claim, also they would owe around £2000 from what they had incorrectly included in the original calculation.

So basically they have taken me to court & had me convicted for fraud which is £5000 over what they might have originally had me charged for. Obviously i am appealling & waiting for a date at crown court, what effect might this have on their case? I'm thinking there needs to be an independant person clairfy the figures, who might i pay to do such a job?

I have recently wrote to the council underlining their error, in the hope that they will reinstate my HB & possibly deal with the back payment, but i'm really concerned that i do not win at appeal, i have been charged with £5000 worth more of HB fraud than i ought to?

Any advice on this case would be much appreciated thankyou xx

£914.00 unfair bank charges recovered from NatWest after 1st letter :)

£255.00 unfair bank charges recovered from RBS after 1st letter :)

Welcome Finance cannot supply original agreement, N1 issued for charges, PPI & interest total over £3k :cool:

Woolwich 2 defaults removed, 1 ccj removed. My credit file is now clean :D

• 2 weeks later...