How to remove a lender's continuous payment authority

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3921 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Complaint to santander goes to their CEO and compliance officer. FCA http://www.fca.org.uk/consumers/how-to-complain or http://www.fca.org.uk/site-info/contact

I should also mention that you must get a complaint into the OFT. This isnt a unique occurrence and is happening a lot with santander.

Well I just tried to call the fca but they closed at 6pm so I will try them again tomorrow

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope. No need to do that at all. The law is quite clear. You ONLY need to contact the bank. If the PDL gets any idea you will cancel the CPA, they will debit your account pretty much immediately. We've seen it a few times on this site already.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Oh dont worry i will be complaining about this

Dear customer, your recent complaint with reference number 2358777 has been registered. Any queries call Santander on 0845 600 6014

Coop does a basic account online. Try them. With poor credit, you are going to be limited to basic accounts which means you can only use bank specific atm's.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Coop does a basic account online. Try them. With poor credit, you are going to be limited to basic accounts which means you can only use bank specific atm's.

Yea I'm not that fussed about what account I have,jus need a safe account where my wages can go in and I can pay things with online banking,just a basic debit card account will do me

Thankyou very much for your help and advice,ill let you know how I get on after a little chat to the fca! 😳

Yea I'm not that fussed about what account I have,jus need a safe account where my wages can go in and I can pay things with online banking,just a basic debit card account will do me

Thankyou very much for your help and advice,ill let you know how I get on after a little chat to the fca! ��

See, this is all wrong. We are 'forced' to have our wages paid into a private company. Europe are bringing in measures so that banks can charge us for all bank account, this means that you will have some of your wages, (the ones you are forced to have paid into them) deducted and put into the pockets of these private companies.

I don't think there would be many customers left in Tesco if they charged a fee to shop there. Any payment on an ordinary account will be a forced payment to a private company.

Right just a little progress update;

I spoke to a very helpful guy from the fca. He says that although the bank are correct when they say they can't cancel cpa as the pdl hasn't as yet tried to take a payment, according to the payment service regulations, if I have given prior notice to the bank that I withdraw consent of the upcoming payment, the payment will be considered an unauthorised transaction and the bank have to reimburse the payment and any charges incurred, bringing the account back to its original state before the payment was taken. I got the guy to email me all this information and I will post it on here if anyone is interested in having a quick read through. Many thanks 😃

Yes please post it up as it may well be useful for others.

Okay no problem, ill get on my computer and upload the info tomorrow after work. I don't mind helping you guys out, you have all been brilliant in advising me 😄

Yes many banks lack the facility to track a first payment. However they are still liable under section 61 for full refund if they ignore the request, plus any other charges that may have been uncured on the account due the the payment.

The request needs to be documented, and perhaps make them aware of this.

Yes This was what I said earlier ,above :)

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

Timpg, when posting the email could you please convert it to pdf - follow the instructions below to post it up and you wont have any problems :)

Dx100 – Instructions on uploading pdfs

Scan the required letters/agreements/sheets

as a picture file

remove all personal info including barcodes etc. using paint

but leave all figures and dates.

Go to one of the many free online pdf converter websites

convert the image to pdf format.

or if you have PDF as an installed printer drive use that

open a new message box here

hit go advanced below the message box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

NB: you can set where it goes in the post by hitting insert inline.

Then hit reply button

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3921 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks