Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
    Basic Account Holder peony1gardens Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Jan 2012

Red face Barclays Bank PPI Masterloan

Re: Barclaysicon Masterloan PPIicon
    Hi
    I've been following with interesticon your experiences with chasing up Barclays with regard to the above. I too had a Barclays Masterloan with PPI which I paid off in 2008. I sent a registered letter to what I thought was the right address in Liverpool to obtain full information about the account at the beginning of Dec 2011. The letter has just been returned to me marked 'addressee gone away' and also saying that the postcode was wrong. I also copied the letter to the Customer Relations Manager at the Head Office of Barclays in Canary Wharf, London, but have had no reply. Could you let me know which address you wrote to to get your SARicon and other info from Barclays? The address I had was PO Box 85, Maghull, Liverpool L31 6WW. Regards

Site Team The Consumer Action Group ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21's Avatar

Cagger since
    Feb 2011
    I am in
    excellent spirits

Default Re: Barclays Masterloan PPI

Quote Originally Posted by peony1gardens View Post
    Re: Barclaysicon Masterloan PPIicon
    Hi
    I've been following with interesticon your experiences with chasing up Barclays with regard to the above. I too had a Barclays Masterloan with PPI which I paid off in 2008. I sent a registered letter to what I thought was the right address in Liverpool to obtain full information about the account at the beginning of Dec 2011. The letter has just been returned to me marked 'addressee gone away' and also saying that the postcode was wrong. I also copied the letter to the Customer Relations Manager at the Head Office of Barclays in Canary Wharf, London, but have had no reply. Could you let me know which address you wrote to to get your SARicon and other info from Barclays? The address I had was PO Box 85, Maghull, Liverpool L31 6WW. Regards
    Best to start your own thread.

SARicon can go to the registered office....send recorded so you can check when they receive it

ims

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here
    2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here
    3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here
    4. The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here
    5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here
    6. Staying Calm About Debt Read Here
    7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement? Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING
    EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder WFLOSS Novitiate

Cagger since
    Sep 2011

HI Peonygarden
    This is the address I used . Good luck because they take forever. If you know you have PPI on the loans , I would ring Barclaysicon and register your complaint for PPI misselling by telephone . They will ask for a reason so be prepared for that, you don't have to give chapter and verse, but once you do complain they give you a reference and that sets the time limits for dealing with your complaint, so if they are late in fulfilling the SARicon , it does not delay your claim.

Barclays
    Data Protection Dept,
    Legal & Regulatory Compliance
    1234 Pavilion Drive
    Northampton
    NN4 7SG

As IMS advised , start your own thread and I can help I will be happy to do that

Regards
    W

Cagger since
    Jan 2012

Quote Originally Posted by WFLOSS View Post
    HI Peonygarden
    This is the address I used . Good luck because they take forever. If you know you have PPI on the loans , I would ring Barclaysicon and register your complaint for PPI misselling by telephone . They will ask for a reason so be prepared for that, you don't have to give chapter and verse, but once you do complain they give you a reference and that sets the time limits for dealing with your complaint, so if they are late in fulfilling the SARicon , it does not delay your claim.

Barclays
    Data Protection Dept,
    Legal & Regulatory Compliance
    1234 Pavilion Drive
    Northampton
    NN4 7SG

As IMS advised , start your own thread and I can help I will be happy to do that

Regards
    W
    Many thanks for that W and IMS. I will write to the address you have given me and will telephone Barclays. I'll also start my own thread (although not quite sure how to do that as I'm new to this way of communicating with others!)
    Regards
    peony1gardens

Site Team citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB's Avatar

Cagger since
    Dec 2007
    I am in
    Back of beyond

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...Insurance-(PPI)

Peony, just click on the link above and it will take you to the correct forum - At the top or bottom of the page linked above you will see "POST NEW THREAD" Click on that and a dialogue box will open and you can post away

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running
    Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE
    2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries
    3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here
    4: Staying Calm About Debt Read Here
    5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you
    3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules
    4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly
    5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE
    Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    Jan 2012

Red face Barclays Bank PPI Masterloan

Hallo IMS and W,
    Many thanks for your advice on the above. I shall write to the address you've given me and also give Barclaysicon a call.
    Regards
    peony1gardens

Site Team citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB's Avatar

Cagger since
    Dec 2007
    I am in
    Back of beyond

Default Re: Barclays Bank PPI Masterloan

Well done, please keep us updated on your progress

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE
    Follows
    Following

Site Team slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132's Avatar

Cagger since
    Feb 2007
    I am in
    Planet Thanet, Kent

I've moved the other posts over so your thread makes more sense.

Best avoid phone callsicon unless you record them.

Keep everything in writing so you have a papertrail.

Link 1. OFT Debt Coll'n Guide - http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/consumer_credit/oft664.pdf
    Link 2. Checking your credit Agreement - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...greements.html
    Link 3. Interest Tutorial - http://www.consumerwiki.co.uk/index....erest_Tutorial
    Link 4. OFT Guide re s.78 CCA1974 Requests - http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/consumer_credit/OFT1272.pdf

Any help and advice is offered in good faith, based solely on my own knowledge and on experience gathered from this site. I am not qualified to offer legal or financial advice, which you should seek from an expert before making any important decisions. My opinions are therefore offered without liability.

If I've been helpful, please click my scales.
    Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    Jan 2012

Default Barclays Bank PPI Masterloan

Hi W and IMS,
    I wrote to the address you gave me for getting information on the above and today I received a letter from Barclaysicon with a copy of my loan agreement and a list of all payments made. There is the amount of the loan and then the total charge for credit added to that but no breakdown of PPI and interesticon.
    I thnink I have solid grounds for reclaiming PPI as I was working less than 16 hours per week at the time I took out the loan and can prove this through my salary slips from that time.
    The question is how do I proceed from here and how can I find out how much of what I paid was PPI? I can give you further details of the loan, interest charged etc if you wish.
    Thanks
    peony1gardens

Cagger since
    Dec 2007
    I am in
    Back of beyond

Peony, I have merged your latest thread with the thread you already had in place.

It is better to keep one issue to one thread, that way you keep in contact with those people advising you.

They will receive email notices that you have posted, only if you keep to the one thread.

BCOBS

Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    Jan 2012

Apologies! I'm still not sure how all these threads work.
    Peony

Site Team slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132 Highly authoritative slick132's Avatar

Cagger since
    Feb 2007
    I am in
    Planet Thanet, Kent

Hi Peony,

Reply to Barclaysicon saying:-

Dear sir or madam,

Your SARicon reply dated xxth January 2012

Your reply to my SARicon is inadequate because it does not readily identify PPIicon charges made to the account throughout it's duration.

The date for compliance expires on [40 days after your SAR was sent]. Please ensure you reply before that date.

Yours faithfully,

Link 1. OFT Debt Coll'n Guide - http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/consumer_credit/oft664.pdf
    Link 2. Checking your credit Agreement - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...greements.html
    Link 3. Interest Tutorial - http://www.consumerwiki.co.uk/index....erest_Tutorial
    Link 4. OFT Guide re s.78 CCA1974 Requests - http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/consumer_credit/OFT1272.pdf

Any help and advice is offered in good faith, based solely on my own knowledge and on experience gathered from this site. I am not qualified to offer legal or financial advice, which you should seek from an expert before making any important decisions. My opinions are therefore offered without liability.

Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    Jan 2012

Hi,
    I have done what you suggested in your last thread and have written again to Barclaysicon about the inadequacy of their reply to my SARicon request. I made my cheque for 10 for the SARicon payable to' Barclays Bank' but have had it returned to me today because it does not have a name and account number on it ( they mistakenly believe it is a Barclaycard account I'm paying into) so they can't cash it. Are they being deliberately obstructive? I did make it clear in my letter to them that the cheque was for the SAR. Can someone suggest to whom I do make the cheque payable at Barclays?
    Thanks
    peony

Site Team The Consumer Action Group ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21's Avatar

Cagger since
    Feb 2011
    I am in
    excellent spirits

Hi

Cheque made payable to Barclaysicon Bank or Barclays Bank plc.

They are giving you the runaround.

You need to write back and tell tham that this is ot for any of your accounts but is for a Subject access requesticon made under the Data Protection Act and that they shoud now stop messing around and give you your data. Write on the back of the cheque that it is for SARicon purposes only.

ims

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here
    2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here
    3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here
    4. The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here
    5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here
    6. Staying Calm About Debt Read Here
    7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement? Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING
    EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    Feb 2007
    I am in
    Planet Thanet, Kent

Did you not pay them the 10 fee when you sent the original SARicon.

Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    Jan 2012

Thanks IMS for that suggestion. I shall do that. Yes I did pay them the fee when I sent the original SARicon dated the 31st Jan 2012 as was the cheque and that's what has been returned to me (some 3 weeks later!) I shalll persist, however!
    Peony

Cagger since
    Sep 2011

Hi
    Don't give up, they are really shocking at fulfilling their SARicon.

I rang and complained as they ignored/ sent back letters, so give that a go and get a complaint reference , then follow that up with a letter quoting their reference. You are then on their radar.

I also registered my PPIicon complaint at the same time while I was waiting for my SARicon, it didn't quite work out as they closed it after the sorted the SAR , so perhaps register that seperately. The advantage of doing this is the clock starts ticking in realtion to the time they have to handle your PPI complaint and you have a Barclaysicon reference if and when you need to complain about any delays.

Regards
    W

Cagger since
    Jan 2012

Hi W,
    Thanks for your very useful advice. I shall persist and let you know how I get on. Delighted to find out from your thread that you've been successful with getting PPIicon back on 2 of your loans. Well done, as they say. Good luck with the 3rd one.
    Regards
    Peony

Cagger since
    Sep 2011

Hi
    Thanks and good luck with yours
    Regards

W

Cagger since
    Jan 2012

Hi Ims and anyone else who can help!
    I have now registered my complaint with Barclaysicon regarding the Masterloans I had with them (It turns out I had 2 loans - one taken out in 2003 and another in 2004. I must have used the loan for the 2nd to pay off the first). I have sent them all the paperwork including the loan agreements and Masterloan Numbers etc. Today I had a reply from them asking me for the sort code and account number to the loan accounts I had with them. I rang them up to ask them what that meant and it seems that because I don't have my current account or any other accounts with them (althoughi I do have 2 Barclaycards with them) they cannot verify my identity because they can't ask me any security questions. I therefore have to go into a branch of Barclays with some form of ID in order to obtain the information I need ie the sort code and account numbers of the loan accounts I had.
    Is what they're asking legitimate or are they just giving me the runaround again? Surely if they have the Masterloan numbers and details they should be able to find the rest of the info they need. After all they let me have these loans without my having an account with them.
    Thanks
    Peony

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE