PPI invalid if no policy documents sent?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6376 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, maybe some can answer this for me or point me in the right direction.

I've read an article on this site about Capital One not sending some of its customers their policy documents and the fact that customers are entitled to a full refund. It also states that these customers' PPIs will remain even after refund has been given.

Is this correct? i have asked Capital but they've said PPI will be refunded only if i cancel.

if the article is correct, then i can only think its because while you are not in receipt of the policy documents, you can't make an informed decision, have not been given the standard "cooling off" period and therefor, the policy is not valid.

I want Capital to refund me all moneys paid so far up to today(as they will now be sending me the documents) and for my policy to continue from now on and i will continue to make payments as normal.

Am i correct? Please advise

I have had a couple of letters from Cap one asking me to call. The other night I decided to see what they wanted.

They told me they had made a mistake with the payment protection that I had a couple of years ago and wanted to return my premiums.

I said ok

They would not be pushed as to what the mistake was just that they were sorry and a cheque would be sent.

• 2 weeks later...