Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder rjb1986 Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Sep 2006

Angry Bank Charges For Unpaid Cheque- Help!!

Hi. I recently received a cheque and deposited it in my bank account last Wednesday (20/09/06) for 12, for a game i sold on ebayicon. But then today (25/09/06) i read on my online statement that the cheque was unpaid and i had been charged 12 because of this. i phoned Lloydsicon TSB and they said that they would try clearing the cheque again, but if it fails to clear again, they would charge another 12. so from having 12 paid into my account, i will probably be 24 down. i know that they may seem relatively small amounts, but i am still being charged for another persons problems. i have emailed the person who sent me the cheque to tell them that i want back any charges i have been forced to pay, but the chance of me being paid back is little to none. is there a way i can get my bank to give me my money back? help would be very much appreciated. thanks

Similar Threads:

Basic Account Holder lucid Informative lucid Informative lucid Informative lucid's Avatar

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Apr 2006
    I am in
    West Sussex

Default Re: Bank Charges For Unpaid Cheque- Help!!

Probably the best approach would be to send them an adapted Preliminary letter found here. The reason I'm suggesting this approach is because you say you have already tried to phone them about it but they have said they will still charge you. If it was me I'd adapt the prelim to this specific circumstance so that it still includes all of the technical knowledge of bank charges being unlawful, but also explains that this is a charge incurred at the fault of somebody else.

If they don't pay up then proceed with a letter before actionicon. I'd imagine for this small amount they would end up paying it back before any kind of court action needs to be instigated - but you never know.

Good luck. Lucid

Mindzai & Lucid vs Lloyds TSB
    *Won unconditionally with contractual interest (29.85% compounded)

Lucid's Account - 749.62 * Joint Account - 2019.64 * Mindzai's Account - 595.65
    *All settled in full - 6/2/07
    *Hearings - 7/2/07
    *Prelims sent - 9/8/06
    _______
    GOT A COURT DATE? A guide to the later stages

Follows
    Following

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE