Harley Medical Group says it will go out of business if it has to replace implants!!

citizenB
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4451 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-24027021-harley-refuses-free-implant-removal.do

The Harley Medical Group, which fitted PIP breast implants to almost 14,000 British women, has said it will not replace them free of charge.

The private firm fitted more of the implants than any other UK cosmetic surgery firm. It follows days of delay from the company in giving clear advice to women affected by the scandal.

The group claims replacing the banned implants would put it out of business.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Ah diddums, if these firms do not have adequate insurance to provide help for woman who trust their word, then they should not be allowed to practice. The nhs if helping anyone have theses removed should sue the private firms with patient consent, bit like buying a telly from retailer and them saying if we refund it we will go bust when its faulty.

My thoughts entirely, watching. I'd have thought it would be covered by insurance too, if the clinics were adequately covered.

There's an article on the NHS website that says if women from private clinics are helped by the NHS, the authorities will do everything they can to recoup the money. It remains to be seen though.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Then they shouldn't have inserted dodgy materials in the first place! A patient places trust that the professionals have carried out adequate research into the products they are using and ensured they are fit for the purpose. That said, the CE markings would cause conflict with this - they were CE marked, weren't they?

Hey, I wonder if that could be an angle? If woman purchased the implants, could they use the SOGA? Would it work?

I think it will be difficult with the CE markings, I mean who do they puruse, the clinic, the manufacturer or the testers that gave it the CE mark?

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

I understood that these private clinics had to have some kind of Insurance to cover situations like this.

If not, then perhaps they should be forced to take out sufficient cover before they are allowed to practice.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

They will carry insurance either as the company or the individual surgeons, in the form of professional indemnity ( usualy up to £5mill for each claim )

They would not be allowed to practice without it.

So the claimant could sue the individual surgeons as well the practice.