Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Site Team citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB's Avatar

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Dec 2007
    I am in
    Back of beyond

Default Harley Medical Group says it will go out of business if it has to replace implants!!

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standa...ant-removal.do

The Harley Medical Group, which fitted PIP breast implants to almost 14,000 British women, has said it will not replace them free of charge.

The private firm fitted more of the implants than any other UK cosmetic surgery firm. It follows days of delay from the company in giving clear advice to women affected by the scandal.

The group claims replacing the banned implants would put it out of business.

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    watchinginvestigation2011 Informative watchinginvestigation2011 Informative watchinginvestigation2011 Informative

Cagger since
    Mar 2011
    I am in
    the real world

Default Re: Harley Medical Group says it will go out of business if it has to replace implants!!

Ah diddums, if these firms do not have adequate insurance to provide help for woman who trust their word, then they should not be allowed to practice. The nhs if helping anyone have theses removed should sue the private firms with patient consent, bit like buying a telly from retailer and them saying if we refund it we will go bust when its faulty.

Site Team honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13's Avatar

Cagger since
    Nov 2009
    I am in
    Pixie land.

Default Re: Harley Medical Group says it will go out of business if it has to replace implants!!

My thoughts entirely, watching. I'd have thought it would be covered by insurance too, if the clinics were adequately covered.

There's an article on the NHS website that says if women from private clinics are helped by the NHS, the authorities will do everything they can to recoup the money. It remains to be seen though.

My best, HB

Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation
    ErikaPNP Authoritative ErikaPNP Authoritative ErikaPNP Authoritative ErikaPNP Authoritative ErikaPNP Authoritative ErikaPNP Authoritative ErikaPNP Authoritative ErikaPNP Authoritative ErikaPNP Authoritative ErikaPNP Authoritative ErikaPNP Authoritative ErikaPNP's Avatar

Cagger since
    May 2008
    I am in
    teramnian!!

Then they shouldn't have inserted dodgy materials in the first place! A patient places trust that the professionals have carried out adequate research into the products they are using and ensured they are fit for the purpose. That said, the CE markings would cause conflict with this - they were CE marked, weren't they?

Hey, I wonder if that could be an angle? If woman purchased the implants, could they use the SOGAicon? Would it work?

I think it will be difficult with the CE markings, I mean who do they puruse, the clinic, the manufacturer or the testers that gave it the CE mark?

Gold Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    raydetinu Highly informative raydetinu Highly informative raydetinu Highly informative raydetinu Highly informative raydetinu Highly informative raydetinu Highly informative raydetinu Highly informative raydetinu's Avatar

Cagger since
    Mar 2008
    I am in
    camborne

Looks like it will end up in court, with the clinics being Liable IMO.

Site Team citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB's Avatar

Cagger since
    Dec 2007
    I am in
    Back of beyond

I understood that these private clinics had to have some kind of Insurance to cover situations like this.

If not, then perhaps they should be forced to take out sufficient cover before they are allowed to practice.

Site Team rebel11 Authoritative rebel11 Authoritative rebel11 Authoritative rebel11 Authoritative rebel11 Authoritative rebel11 Authoritative rebel11 Authoritative rebel11 Authoritative rebel11 Authoritative rebel11 Authoritative rebel11 Authoritative

Cagger since
    Oct 2009
    Blog Entries

They've profited from 14,000 operations, each operation of say 3,500 thats 49m, the implants were fairly cheap. So thats a lot of profit.

Gold Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    raydetinu Highly informative raydetinu Highly informative raydetinu Highly informative raydetinu Highly informative raydetinu Highly informative raydetinu Highly informative raydetinu Highly informative raydetinu's Avatar

Cagger since
    Mar 2008
    I am in
    camborne

They will carry insurance either as the company or the individual surgeons, in the form of professional indemnity ( usualy up to 5mill for each claim )
    They would not be allowed to practice without it.
    So the claimant could sue the individual surgeons as well the practice.

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE