Help needed with Community Care Grant please

supastu
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4467 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I now have a flat after being homeless for 13 years and have recently been released from jail.I am on JSA and believe i satisfy two of the qualifing benefits. My flat is bear and empty. I was turned down for the C.C.G. please advise.

Hello supastu and welcome to CAG.

This thread is quite old and I think it would be better if you wouldn't mind starting your own thread here please.

To do this, come out of this thread using the back arrow and you'll be on the forum 'front page'. Scroll up past the greeny-yellow stickies and you'll see a blue button on the left that says Post New Thread in white. Click on that and ask your questions.

If you get stuck, please repost here for more help.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

To honey bee, thanks for getting back to me so quick, Im not that great on computers. I tried what you suggested but still got stuck, i have asked for a review from the social fund and have also asked help from the independent review service. I just desperatly need some money to furnish my flat.

Have you thought about going to the salvation army for help? They can help with the bare essentials like sofas and bed, bedding and kitchen items. It may be worth getting in contact with them, they can also help you in other ways as well.

Why did the turn you down for CCG. You do qualify as meeting criteria after being in prison and also to "resettle after unsettled way of life" however the social fund them have to prioritise what money they have and make a decision. For example if you applied for curtains and someone applied for a bed and the budget was overspent you may not be awarded. Have you got a Social Worker, can they not support your application form.

Have you had a CCG before if so how long ago.

To honey bee, thanks for getting back to me so quick, Im not that great on computers. I tried what you suggested but still got stuck, i have asked for a review from the social fund and have also asked help from the independent review service. I just desperatly need some money to furnish my flat.

See if you can get access to a care/social worker, often local hostels are run by charities who also provide support and care when you find a home, they will know exactly how to fill in a CCG form to give you a much better chance of acceptance.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Stu, whereabouts in the country are you? Just the general region will do, you don't need to say exactly where you are living. I'll see if I can find any charities that might be able to help.

"Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me". Martin Niemöller

"A vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history". - Terry Pratchett

If I've been helpful, please click my star. :oops:

many thanks honey bee and laughing girl for getting back to me. i live in a beautiful brand new flat in bromley. i have never heard of NACRO but will do a search. I was thinking about going to CAB to see if they can help with thic community care grant. At the end of the day i can get by with a bed and a cooker. It would be nice to get the bed new though