Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder supastu Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Jan 2012

Default Help needed with Community Care Grant please

I now have a flat after being homeless for 13 years and have recently been released from jail.I am on JSA and believe i satisfy two of the qualifing benefits. My flat is bear and empty. I was turned down for the C.C.G. please advise.

Site Team honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13's Avatar

Cagger since
    Nov 2009
    I am in
    Pixie land.

Default Re: pls help, advice needed on community care grant & ESA

Hello supastu and welcome to CAGicon.

This thread is quite old and I think it would be better if you wouldn't mind starting your own thread here please.

To do this, come out of this thread using the back arrow and you'll be on the forum 'front page'. Scroll up past the greeny-yellow stickies and you'll see a blue button on the left that says Post New Thread in white. Click on that and ask your questions.

If you get stuck, please repost here for more help.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running
    Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

IB/ESA Tribunal template successes [that I know about]:
    honeybee13 April 2008; brighton gal January 2010 ; cbbc May 2010 lee100 September 2010 HadEnough October 2010 nitelite February 2011 Pritti March 2011
    Nottingham1989 [with leemack] June 2011
    Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    Jan 2012

To honey bee, thanks for getting back to me so quick, Im not that great on computers. I tried what you suggested but still got stuck, i have asked for a review from the social fund and have also asked help from the independent review service. I just desperatly need some money to furnish my flat.

Site Team honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13's Avatar

Cagger since
    Nov 2009
    I am in
    Pixie land.

OK, don't worry. I'm new to this too, but will try to set up a thread for you shortly.

My best, HB

honeybee13 April 2008; brighton gal January 2010 ; cbbc May 2010 lee100 September 2010 HadEnough October 2010 nitelite February 2011 Pritti March 2011
    Follows
    Following

Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation
    seanamarts Authoritative seanamarts Authoritative seanamarts Authoritative seanamarts Authoritative seanamarts Authoritative seanamarts Authoritative seanamarts Authoritative seanamarts Authoritative seanamarts's Avatar

Cagger since
    Jun 2006
    I am in
    East Coast

Default Re: Help needed with Community Care Grant please

Have you thought about going to the salvation army for help? They can help with the bare essentials like sofas and bed, bedding and kitchen items. It may be worth getting in contact with them, they can also help you in other ways as well.

Cagger since
    Nov 2009
    I am in
    Pixie land.

There's also freecycle/freegle, but you need to be able to go and collect things from the people giving them away.

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder johnvernon74 Novitiate

Cagger since
    Jun 2011
    I am in
    Northern Ireland

Why did the turn you down for CCG. You do qualify as meeting criteria after being in prison and also to "resettle after unsettled way of life" however the social fund them have to prioritise what money they have and make a decision. For example if you applied for curtains and someone applied for a bed and the budget was overspent you may not be awarded. Have you got a Social Worker, can they not support your application form.

Have you had a CCG before if so how long ago.

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    caledfwlch Informative caledfwlch Informative caledfwlch Informative caledfwlch Informative caledfwlch Informative caledfwlch's Avatar

Cagger since
    Aug 2006
    I am in
    Ceredigion

Quote Originally Posted by supastu View Post
    To honey bee, thanks for getting back to me so quick, Im not that great on computers. I tried what you suggested but still got stuck, i have asked for a review from the social fund and have also asked help from the independent review service. I just desperatly need some money to furnish my flat.
    See if you can get access to a care/social worker, often local hostels are run by charities who also provide support and care when you find a home, they will know exactly how to fill in a CCG form to give you a much better chance of acceptance.

Cagger since
    Nov 2009
    I am in
    Pixie land.

Hi Stu.

There's also NACRO for ex-offenders. Have you been in touch with them?

http://www.nacro.org.uk/

My best, HB

Follows
    Following

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    LaughingGirl Highly informative LaughingGirl Highly informative LaughingGirl Highly informative LaughingGirl Highly informative LaughingGirl Highly informative LaughingGirl Highly informative LaughingGirl's Avatar

Cagger since
    Dec 2011

Stu, whereabouts in the country are you? Just the general region will do, you don't need to say exactly where you are living. I'll see if I can find any charities that might be able to help.

Cagger since
    Jan 2012

many thanks honey bee and laughing girl for getting back to me. i live in a beautiful brand new flat in bromley. i have never heard of NACRO but will do a search. I was thinking about going to CAB to see if they can help with thic community care grant. At the end of the day i can get by with a bed and a cooker. It would be nice to get the bed new though

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE